Hyundai Tiburon GT, V6 calls me out?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hyundai Tiburon GT, V6 calls me out? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes, a Hyundai Tiburon wanted to race my STi? While I was pumping gas this kid (had to be 16-17 ...

Hyundai Tiburon GT, V6 calls me out?

Yes, a Hyundai Tiburon wanted to race my STi?

While I was pumping gas this kid (had to be 16-17 years old) was talking smack about his modded Tiburon. The car did look nice. It had a nice paint job and a modded exhaust, etc. This kid was confident his Hyundai would take my STi from a roll?

So I just had to shut him up.

The race.

We left the gas station together and went down to this nice road for racing. ( long straight sections with no intersections or side streets)
    So we went from a 2nd gear roll (about 25 mph or so) . I let him hit it first so he got about 1 car in front of me. Then I nailed it and quickly started to reel him in. By about half way through 2nd gear I was blowing by this kid. I took my STi up to about 80mph and then just let off because I was already many cars (to many to estimate) in front of him. It was a rediculous mismatch. Im sure a stock WRX would have beat him easily.
    At least he took losing well. He gave no excuses and gave me props for having such a fast car.

I actually felt bad after the race. I could tell he was pretty shocked by the outcome. I think he was one of these kids that thinks his exhaust gave him 20 +hp, intake 15+hp, etc, etc. He probably thought he was making big hp and he really wasn't. I kind of felt sorry for him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice one. For some reason people think that a 180hp car will take a 300hp car from a roll.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I've had a host of Tibs try and run me, dunno why. I have a big nasty black scoop and the exhaust(no cats) sounds awful mean, big slotted rotors peeking out from behind MY99 RS wheels. They gotta know it'll run...I guess they just wanna see the car do its thing
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    90% of performance car owners overestimate the speed of their cars...some more than others, lol
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by brembo
    ...I guess they just wanna see the car do its thing
    That's all it is. Some don't believe the hype until it's too late

I have cars do like this to me...they'll think they match, rev while moving, then they watch my tailights until I'm too far away to be seen. And, please, no one tell me there's something faster out there or that I sound like a cocky STi driver. I'm not cocky and I know faster stuff is out there but I haven't had an encounter with anything faster yet...give it time and I'll get some video of some badass car walking all over me...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Word on the street is that WRXs (of any kind) are weak sauce from a roll. A formal education is sometimes the only way to prove otherwise.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Originally posted by chevyeater
    Word on the street is that WRXs (of any kind) are weak sauce from a roll. A formal education is sometimes the only way to prove otherwise.
    That's probably why they keep trying me...the stock WRX may not be much from a roll, but thus far, the STi has been able to hold quite well.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I wouldnt feel sorry for him those ricers need there a$$ handed to them every now and then Good kill tho
    Stage 4 (vf34) + tmic + mbc

AEM intake gives 13+whp exhaust is pretty similar. header will add another 20+whp or so...

but even if he had I/H/E he will make 190whp.
    and supercharger(4psi) will bring it to 200whp. the newest supercharger (8psi) will make it to 240whp. and it's pretty maxed out without blowing the engine up.

alpine, veilside, and several others attemped to turbocharge the V6 and they all gave up and went for I4.

Anyways, lots of people who's got modded v6 tiburon think and did smoked stock WRX from a roll.
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

There was a kid at the dealership the other day in a Sentra Spec V talking all kinds of ish about taking WRX's from a roll. When I offered him up a race he asked if I was modded. I indicated I was and his words "Man, that's not fair. I don't race modified WRX's"

I'm thinking about swapping my stock axleback on and finding this kid for a rematch.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

I haven't had a problem with Tiburons. Even with my mods sitting in the trunk. Never bothered with a Sentra.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

thats because sentra buyers usually have done their homework to realise they get an overall nicer fast car for the $$$ than other models. Usually, i've found most of em were looking at basic Impreza RS,s but didn't like the 4door look (not sporty enough) or the msrp. Lets face it. the rs impreza costs too much for what it is. . .

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Kanchou
    thats because sentra buyers usually have done their homework to realise they get an overall nicer fast car for the $$$ than other models. Usually, i've found most of em were looking at basic Impreza RS,s but didn't like the 4door look (not sporty enough) or the msrp. Lets face it. the rs impreza costs too much for what it is. . .
    Yea, the Spec V can be had for about 18k and its a lot for what you get at that price! When you compare that to an RS impreza, a v6 mustang, civics, regular rsx's, etc etc...there's not much for that price that can hold a candle to the spec v. The neon srt-4 is a couple grand more, and you get way more performance, but I would think the spec v would own the neon as far as longevity...
    2003 SRT-4

Lets face it. the rs impreza costs too much for what it is. . .
    While I agree, wtf does this have to do with anything? Do you drive a Spec V by any chance?

My point was that these guys who drive (Tiburons,Celicas,RSX,Spec-V,etc etc) like to say "well my modded so and so can walk a stock WRX." Why not mod them both and see what happens? That's all.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.