Hyundai Tiburon GT, V6 calls me out? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Hyundai Tiburon GT, V6 calls me out? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by renichms Which seems to be the case in the Celica topic here...Celica owners are CONVINCED they can ...

Originally posted by renichms
    Which seems to be the case in the Celica topic here...Celica owners are CONVINCED they can beat a WRX even though all our experiences show otherwise...

RN
    I don't see how they can even concieve of the idea. Every Celica I've been in revs as if the engine has been filled with molasses. Maybe because VVTL-i kicks in at too high of an RPM and the 20 ft-lb torque spike makes them feel invulnerable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by AREITU
    I don't see how they can even concieve of the idea. Every Celica I've been in revs as if the engine has been filled with molasses. Maybe because VVTL-i kicks in at too high of an RPM and the 20 ft-lb torque spike makes them feel invulnerable.
    Someone pointed out it may be the fastest car they've driven so don't think they can be beaten but I suspect it's loyalty...it's what they have, it's what they blew money on and so they feel they have to defend it. Kinda silly, actually...tell me their GTS beats my PT (before build), I won't question it for a second...

I got out of that thread. Too many Celica trolls.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I bet my Accord V6 sedan can take a Celica GTS.

The thing with Celicas is that Toyota left basically no room for growth. The VVTL-i engagement is controlled by five different factors and run through an extremely elaborate ECM program. One company attepted to build something similar to a VTEC controller, but stopped development.
    One basically stops at intake and exhaust, which makes the car sound very mean (well, IMO, anyway) and maybe an ECU swap if you happen to have the one year where the revlimiter was dropped a whole lot. I've seen GT-Ss wiht FI, but it tends to get pricey and iffy, considering the sky-high compression.
    Anybody is going to defend their car because they don't like the feeling that someone out there, who is stock, is faster. Or has more potential, or whatever the thing may be. That's why there's such a big stink about the SRT-4 vs Imports.
    ---

The Spec-V isn't fast from a performance standpoint, but the new 2004s will have Brembos and revised gear ratios. It's also a lot fuglier. I've driven an '01 Spec V and it's an absolute hoot to drive, even if it's not fast.

If I put an intake on my accord, it'll sound fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.