WRX vs TD04 Supra - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74

This is a discussion on WRX vs TD04 Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Am I going to have to have a "Motorcycle Education Class" for some of you guys? The most aerodynamic streetbike ...

  1. #46
    Registered User Shabba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Rome,GA.
    Posts
    84
    Am I going to have to have a "Motorcycle Education Class" for some of you guys? The most aerodynamic streetbike made is very un-aerodynamic. Whereas the Supra probably has a cD of @.31-.33 (VERY guesstimating that one, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm basing it on what knowledge I have of drag coefficent), the Hayabusa MIGHT have a cD of .38-.39. Get on a GSXR1000 and that number goes to about .41. As is obvious, a higher cD means the vehicle (or barn in most bikes cases) is less slick in the air and more prone to being slowed down by the air (less aerodynamic to shorten it!). Most bikes have a drag coefficent that is the equivalent of a van or large truck.
    -Colin

    '03 Blue Meanie Rex
    '88 Isuzu I-Mark RS Turbo
    '83 Porsche 944
    '79 Datsun 280ZX the "Skittle"
    '77 Datsun 280Z
    '72 Datsun 240Z Blue 'not so" Meanie

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User renichms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,777
    Why is the 'busa vs. Supra and aerodynamic bit such a big deal? It doesn't matter what'd win in THEORY. Just find the videos, watch the videos and do or don't enjoy the videos for what they are...just videos. No life-changing experience here...

    RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

  4. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120
    Originally posted by kingleh
    i think we got a supra hater,

    what do you think happens to all the air that goes into the big hole on the front of a supra? yeah its slowed down by IC, AC, Radiator, then hits a big wall. (this just alone im sure create more wind resistance the the entire busa itself).


    "especially to a dyno/100mph+ queen such as your car." this is a tru hater comment, but trust me i hate the peice of **** you drive around a whole lot more than you hate supras.


    RLsChMiDt

    if im in atl at the time you are in atl i will take you for a ride, but i live 3 hours south of atl

    uh actually, youre dead on. i f ing hate poopras. they are nothing more than dyno queens. only good for over 100mph. you couldnt beat a stock civic to 60. your car is pathetic. supras are pathetic. that 900 horse motor doesnt mean **** if you cant put the power to the ground or you dont have a workable power band.

    what it takes your car power wise to run 10's, it takes my car 1/2 the power.

    and why do you hate fbody's? get your ass spanked from a stop too often?
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

  5. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120
    Originally posted by Shabba
    Am I going to have to have a "Motorcycle Education Class" for some of you guys? The most aerodynamic streetbike made is very un-aerodynamic. Whereas the Supra probably has a cD of @.31-.33 (VERY guesstimating that one, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm basing it on what knowledge I have of drag coefficent), the Hayabusa MIGHT have a cD of .38-.39. Get on a GSXR1000 and that number goes to about .41. As is obvious, a higher cD means the vehicle (or barn in most bikes cases) is less slick in the air and more prone to being slowed down by the air (less aerodynamic to shorten it!). Most bikes have a drag coefficent that is the equivalent of a van or large truck.

    thank you.

    see supra owners are almost as dumb as mustang owners
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

  6. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    312
    Originally posted by Shabba
    Am I going to have to have a "Motorcycle Education Class" for some of you guys? The most aerodynamic streetbike made is very un-aerodynamic. Whereas the Supra probably has a cD of @.31-.33 (VERY guesstimating that one, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm basing it on what knowledge I have of drag coefficent), the Hayabusa MIGHT have a cD of .38-.39. Get on a GSXR1000 and that number goes to about .41. As is obvious, a higher cD means the vehicle (or barn in most bikes cases) is less slick in the air and more prone to being slowed down by the air (less aerodynamic to shorten it!). Most bikes have a drag coefficent that is the equivalent of a van or large truck.
    how much downforce does a bike make? compaired to a car. im sure a supra makes a whole lot more. thus this is slowing it down also.

    my point is you CANT say the supra lost because its less aero dynamic. thats a stupid comment.
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

  7. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    312
    Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    uh actually, youre dead on. i f ing hate poopras. they are nothing more than dyno queens. only good for over 100mph. you couldnt beat a stock civic to 60. your car is pathetic. supras are pathetic. that 900 horse motor doesnt mean **** if you cant put the power to the ground or you dont have a workable power band.

    what it takes your car power wise to run 10's, it takes my car 1/2 the power.

    and why do you hate fbody's? get your ass spanked from a stop too often?
    you can hate them all you want, i love them, all you see is the bad you never see the good (like 1.5 60' times in drag radials) yes it can be done.

    there are such things as dyno queen turbos (t-78 T-88) not dyno queen motors. i dislike these turbos and promis you i have a good power curve.


    there are supras still on stock twins running 10s also.

    dont be mad 2JZ PWNES LS-1

    how much NAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ are you spraying on your motor?
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

  8. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120
    Originally posted by kingleh
    you can hate them all you want, i love them, all you see is the bad you never see the good (like 1.5 60' times in drag radials) yes it can be done.

    there are such things as dyno queen turbos (t-78 T-88) not dyno queen motors. i dislike these turbos and promis you i have a good power curve.


    there are supras still on stock twins running 10s also.

    dont be mad 2JZ PWNES LS-1

    how much NAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ are you spraying on your motor?
    lol, as long as you arent a dyno queern or a highway runner only, thats awsome.

    and no, there are not many stock twin turboed supras in the 10's... if they are, its because they are spraying.

    and nawsszzzzzz, whatever could you mean (its a biggun though)

    and btw, the fastest ls1 is still faster then the fastest poopra
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

  9. #53
    Registered User renichms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,777
    Why is it so important that someone ELSE'S car of the same model as yours is faster than someone ELSE'S different model? For this particular pissing contest, you should compare the cars you actually own.

    I like Supras. I don't like F-bodies as much but I do like them (newest ones especially) and both can be made ridiculously fast...soo...what's the point here?

    You can have your Supra and your f-body. I got a 2.5L H4...oooooh yeah...

    RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

  10. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120
    its the fact that my motor is faster then his motor.

    and we all know that whoever has the most money wins the game. end of story.

    btw, you cant beat me either
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

  11. #55
    Registered User renichms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,777
    Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    its the fact that my motor is faster then his motor.

    and we all know that whoever has the most money wins the game. end of story.

    btw, you cant beat me either
    If you have tires, I can beat you. SLASH! ...kidding. You two should race.

    You can probably beat me in some aspects but that doesn't worry me...if you're ever near here, lemme know and we can race for fun.

    RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

  12. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120
    that would be cool, i dont ever go to alabama though i work too much and go to school on top of that. now if youre in atlanta, ill be glad to run ya
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

  13. #57
    Registered User renichms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,777
    Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    that would be cool, i dont ever go to alabama though i work too much and go to school on top of that. now if youre in atlanta, ill be glad to run ya
    Going to be in Atlanta for NOPI but that's for my PT...I won't have STi then. Maybe another time...once the PT is gone.

    RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

  14. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    312
    Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    its the fact that my motor is faster then his motor.

    and we all know that whoever has the most money wins the game. end of story.

    btw, you cant beat me either
    im putting my 2JZ on a go cart, then we will see whos motor is faster


    im just gona leave it at this and not argue any more

    your motor can ultimatly make more power because of displacement,

    my motor can make huge power also (but not as much) and is alot more compact and weighs less.


    we both know its all about power to weight.


    your motors faster? my motor revs at 8k (if i want to becasue i have head work) yours revs at 6k
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

  15. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    120
    Originally posted by kingleh
    im putting my 2JZ on a go cart, then we will see whos motor is faster


    im just gona leave it at this and not argue any more

    your motor can ultimatly make more power because of displacement,

    my motor can make huge power also (but not as much) and is alot more compact and weighs less.


    we both know its all about power to weight.


    your motors faster? my motor revs at 8k (if i want to becasue i have head work) yours revs at 6k

    so what? your rice rocket HAS to rev to 8k to make power. my car ONLY needs 6k rpms to get the job done

    ill be at nopi too btw, im going to try to enter the burnout contest... i am looking for 2 used rims and a decent set of tires atm.
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

  16. #60
    Registered User renichms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,777
    Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    so what? your rice rocket HAS to rev to 8k to make power. my car ONLY needs 6k rpms to get the job done

    ill be at nopi too btw, im going to try to enter the burnout contest... i am looking for 2 used rims and a decent set of tires atm.
    If you see a "mild" class silver (mostly) PT there (bagged, body kit, ram-air hood, grill, wheels, interior goodies, full engine build waiting to happen - missing 1 @#$$%% part!!) parked with a blue STi, it's me.

    RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •