SRT-4 (almost stock) vs. WRX (modded)-Freeway roll
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 (almost stock) vs. WRX (modded)-Freeway roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK here is the re-cap on all the people who think they can beat an SRT-4 with their stock WRX. ...

SRT-4 (almost stock) vs. WRX (modded)-Freeway roll

OK here is the re-cap on all the people who think they can beat an SRT-4 with their stock WRX.

WRX with Stroman turbo back, Ecutech ECU (running 16 PSI), up-pipe, K&N drop in, BBS RGR 15lbs,

SRT-4 with ATP down-pipe only (everything else is stock)

1st try 60mph roll to 125 (closed course) result=
    SRT-4 beats the WRX by a nose!

2nd try 40mph to 80mph (WRX Quits!)
    Over 1.5 car-length's pull by the SRT-4.

Now I know that many people think that the drivers can not drive, believe me they can. Especially the WRX (he is a forum member here). Their driving skills are up to a professional level so DO NOT even go there.

I realize that the WRX is faster off the line, but with some slices the SRT-4 will be right there if not ahead.

This is just for informational purposes, I am sick and tired of people who think they can beat a SRT-4 with there stock WRX.

We will be doing this again when the SRT-4 getís the Dodge stage I (ECU upgrade to 15psi, stock is 13.5) combined with AVC-R Apexi manual boost controller (running 17psi) as wells as some SSR competition wheels (13.2 lbs).

Enjoy, because video is coming! Any ?ís/comments feel free Ill be here all week!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Umm... borderline flame?

Nobody cares...

still no results from a dig...
    Last edited by Butterfingers; 08-29-2003 at 10:23 PM.
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

Hmm you only have one post? Who is 'we' anyway? Where did this info come from, and do you have vids/pics to back it up?
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

Originally posted by jfandem
    Hmm you only have one post? Who is 'we' anyway? Where did this info come from, and do you have vids/pics to back it up?
    ahh let him have his fun... im sick of newbies trying to compensate for the size of thir phallus by trying to start an unprevoked flame war.

Its silly I dont see a current thread here that could possibly provoke such an egotistical reaction
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

That's a hell of a 1st post to this forum. Tell us something we don't already know. All you have to do now is to put a professional driver in each SRT-4 and they won't get beat by stock WRX's.

Why you do not belive it?

its not that we dont beleive it its just that I dont care... we have many SRT-4 forum regulars here that have somthing to contribute... Drizzie99 to name one. His knowledge and presence is welcome here because he has a good attitude. This post seems to have a negative motive.

Posting such a confrontational post especially on your first post makes me think your intention is to create a flame war.

I mean you dont see us posting on the SRT forum when drizzie's modded 268hp SBC-ID'ed SRT-4 got spanked by 6 carlengths by Platnum WRX's stock ECU'ed VF30 WRX.

You know why its irrelevant...
    Last edited by Butterfingers; 08-29-2003 at 10:37 PM.
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

I can believe the story, the only thing I don't believe is that the drivers skill is up to professional level. How do you know that?
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

HMMM lets see no one realy cares if the SRT-4 is faster off the line or in the end. When It's snowing here in New England Ill beep at the SRT-4 stuck in a snow bank as I drive by. Besides an SRT-4 is a neon. HI!!

Dodge Neon = Chick mobile

SRT-4 = Turbo charged Chick mobile. HI!!

Barring my WRX, my old Neon R/T was the best thing I'd ever driven in the snow. Passed everything else, much fun on turns. E-brakes are fun.

This is meant to be an informative post. I am not trying to provoke anyone. I am just pointing out that a WRX needs a lot to keep up from a roll, let alone beat one.

I knew the thought of "letís race in the rain" would come up, but then again who the hell races in the rain or snow. No normal people do! For that I have my mothers A4 Quattro to play around in.

Good luck!

Originally posted by ms4cd
    This is meant to be an informative post.
    Doubt it...
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

So your modded SRT-4 (wait, is it even yours?) beat a modded WRX "by a nose" from 60-125 mph, and the other result was that the WRX gave up on the other run. And no idea if both cars hit it at the same time.

All the dragstrips here make you come to a complete stop before starting. Highway runs are nice, but you can't get a timeslip that way.

I realize the SRT-4 is a powerful car, and can put down a respectable time. If it has a LSD and a little more class, then I'd consider buying one. But coming over and gloating about one victory shows a lack of character on your part, which makes most everyone here ignore your "information" and focus on your apparent need for attention.

Be happy with your own car, and don't feel the need to measure your d!ck with how it compares to someone elses.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I like it when Drizzie99 posts. Friendly, informative, level playing field. Others like him are always welcome.

We're happy that..--maybe you--...or someone else has a fast SRT-4. We'd like to know more about it if you post in a constructive manner. If not...then don't even bother because you won't last long here.

Thanks..and hey...welcome to the club!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Providing both drivers are equally skilled:

It should be common knowledge that a stock SRT-4 will spank a stock WRX from a roll.

It should be common knowledge that a stock SRT-4 can beat a BPU WRX from a roll.

It should also be common knowledge that a stock SRT-4 will beat a stock WRX from a stop.

And last, it should be common knowledge that a BPU WRX will beat a stock SRT-4 from a stop.

And since this is all common knowledge, like Dan00Hawk said, "Be happy with your own car, and don't feel the need to measure your d!ck with how it compares to someone elses".

Thanks
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.