SRT-4 (almost stock) vs. WRX (modded)-Freeway roll - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 (almost stock) vs. WRX (modded)-Freeway roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey I am not just happy, I am extremely happy with my car. Then again that is beside the point. ...

Hey I am not just happy, I am extremely happy with my car. Then again that is beside the point.

I do not own either one of the vehicles! The point of this post is to find out your opinions. We all thought that the WRX will win either way, but to a change we got proven wrong. I just wanted to see what you have to say in regards to the issue!

About the second run, WRX gave up since it was not even coming close to keeping up! It would have been pointless.

We will be doing this from a dig, and we think that SRT-4 will catch up and pass by 70-90mph. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ms4cd
    Hey I am not just happy, I am extremely happy with my car. Then again that is beside the point.

I do not own either one of the vehicles! The point of this post is to find out your opinions. We all thought that the WRX will win either way, but to a change we got proven wrong. I just wanted to see what you have to say in regards to the issue!

About the second run, WRX gave up since it was not even coming close to keeping up! It would have been pointless.

We will be doing this from a dig, and we think that SRT-4 will catch up and pass by 70-90mph. Any thoughts?
    I like the SRT4 but chose the STi over the SRT4, WRX wagon, and Evo. If you really want to toot that horn, race me sometime around Christmas...or better yet...next summer. Game?

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Re: SRT-4 (almost stock) vs. WRX (modded)-Freeway roll

OK here is the re-cap on all the people who think they can beat an SRT-4 with their stock WRX.

WRX with Stroman turbo back, Ecutech ECU (running 16 PSI), up-pipe, K&N drop in, BBS RGR 15lbs,

SRT-4 with ATP down-pipe only (everything else is stock)

1st try 60mph roll to 125 (closed course) result=
    SRT-4 beats the WRX by a nose!

2nd try 40mph to 80mph (WRX Quits!)
    Over 1.5 car-length's pull by the SRT-4.

Now I know that many people think that the drivers can not drive, believe me they can. Especially the WRX (he is a forum member here). Their driving skills are up to a professional level so DO NOT even go there.

I realize that the WRX is faster off the line, but with some slices the SRT-4 will be right there if not ahead.

This is just for informational purposes, I am sick and tired of people who think they can beat a SRT-4 with there stock WRX.

We will be doing this again when the SRT-4 getís the Dodge stage I (ECU upgrade to 15psi, stock is 13.5) combined with AVC-R Apexi manual boost controller (running 17psi) as wells as some SSR competition wheels (13.2 lbs).

Enjoy, because video is coming! Any ?ís/comments feel free Ill be here all week!

HAHAHAHAH I'm the guy that raced the SRT-4 and for your info the person who initiated this post was not present at the time of the race. First race was from a 3rd gear roll at about 3500RPM, and yes the SRT got the jump due to the fact that it has more low-end torque, but I caught up to him. I actually did beat the SRT and the race did not end at 125MPH we kept going and I started to pull on the SRT and we both let off because of a turn that was coming up. In fact he even told me after the race that I'd have kept pulling if we went faster.

The second race we hit it going at around 40MPH about 3- 3.5 RPM, and again he did jump on me. I wanted to hit it at around 4.5-5k (more torque), but he kept flashing me to slow down. The reason why we let off on the second race was because there was a car ahead in my lane. I respect both cars, and there is no question that a SRT will beat a stock WRX on a roll. Off the line, it would depend on the driver. I have a camera , but I don't have a firewire cable to transfer the video. I'll try to get one.

Later,

You my friend, are full of sh!t. I will wait for the owner of the SRT-4 to post the result.

For some reason you can not loose can you?

Why don't you paypal him the money for the firewall cable so he can host the video?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words....
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

vs. a close-to-stock SRT-4

Does the one who didn't run know the real story? Is the one who did run telling the truth? Is this about the same two cars? Ooh, I'm going to stay tuned. (No pun intended.)

In any case, a well tuned WRX with a good turbo-back is up to the task at least up to 95, even from a roll. IMO ms4cd's account of the second run doesn't seem likely.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

This thread is like a soap opera. He said, she said.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

True.....post a vid of this.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

You my friend, are full of sh!t. I will wait for the owner of the SRT-4 to post the result.

For some reason you can not loose can you?
    You weren't there, so don't make stupid assumptions please. Looks like I'm just gonna go to Circuit City and buy the cable, so we can see who is wrong.

Originally posted by AWD Turbo 4
    You weren't there, so don't make stupid assumptions please. Looks like I'm just gonna go to Circuit City and buy the cable, so we can see who is wrong.
    I can host...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Re: SRT-4 (almost stock) vs. WRX (modded)-Freeway roll

This is just for informational purposes, I am sick and tired of people who think they can beat a SRT-4 with there stock WRX.

We will be doing this again when the SRT-4 getís the Dodge stage I (ECU upgrade to 15psi, stock is 13.5) combined with AVC-R Apexi manual boost controller (running 17psi) as wells as some SSR competition wheels (13.2 lbs).
    OK first off, I have been on this forum for a few months now and I really can't recall anyone bragging about beating a SRT-4 with a stock WRX.

Second, your "buddy" that is going to Stage 1 his SRT-4 and use a boost controller WILL make the car slower. Yes, I said slower!! If you or him know anything about the car, a boost controller on a Stage 1 car will cause the PCM to pull timing like a mofo. But you guys can go and figure it out yourselves.

For the guys that paid me compliments, Thanks!

I will wait for the video to pass judgement, because it will speak for itself.

BTW, if you are looking for "opinions" out of people, you might want to re-think your wording. I too, believe you were trying to get a rise out of this community, but that is just my opinion.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

damn it.....just called Circuit City, but they are already closed.

BTW: MS4CD, remember the night that we raced the guy with the silver SRT-4 (only mod: intake) and your GTI? Did I not beat you and the silver SRT-4 on the freeway? Dude, honestly I can careless if the SRT smoked me by a 1000 car lengths. The fact of the matter is that you're misinforming the people on this club and starting a flame. It's fine man, we'll just do it again and post the results....I have no problem with that.

any of you Bay Area folks wanna watch or wanna help me out with a cable to transfer the video from a Sony camcorder?

Originally posted by renichms
    I can host...

RN

Thanx for helping out...I'll let you know first hand when I get the video transfered...

Thanx again to everyone.

i don't post often but i would just like to say that i have the upmost respect for drizze99.

i just wish he was in the central pa area so he could give me a ride in his car.

OMG I was not there?

I was in front of you guys, or you kind of forgot about that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.