ITR vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ITR vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok the ITR is my friends and it as intake and exhaust(header and cat back) i have AccessesECU stage2 and ...

ITR vs WRX

ok the ITR is my friends and it as intake and exhaust(header and cat back) i have AccessesECU stage2 and a BR 3in turbo back.
    so we are at a light and he reeves just a little so i don't think a thing of it, light goes green and i hear his tiers squeal and he get about 1 car jump on me but by the top of first my bumper is next to his after second im 2 cars ahead and by 110 i had about 10 cars on hem but i could still here that dame vtek or what ever it is.
    i love those cars but there just slow to me now after the WRX, but that car can out handel my car all day any day

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ITRs are typically mid 14 sec cars, when given a good driver they can turn low 14s. I'm guessing your car is a mid 13 sec-capable car so the outcome is what I would expect. Also factor in the high altitude and the ITR is further disadvantage.
    Regardless, they are fun track cars.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Hell yeah they are. Good race.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

very few people have been able to get itr's to hit high 14's(14.7-14.9). most itr's run anywhere from 15flat to 15.3 or so.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Re: ITR vs WRX

Originally posted by black
    ok the ITR is my friends and it as intake and exhaust(header and cat back) i have AccessesECU stage2 and a BR 3in turbo back.
    so we are at a light and he reeves just a little so i don't think a thing of it, light goes green and i hear his tiers squeal and he get about 1 car jump on me but by the top of first my bumper is next to his after second im 2 cars ahead and by 110 i had about 10 cars on hem but i could still here that dame vtek or what ever it is.
    i love those cars but there just slow to me now after the WRX, but that car can out handel my car all day any day
    Hey Black, this is off topic, but I saw you were from Grand Junction. I used to live in Montrose and we would go to Grand Junction to get a taste of the "big town". I was just out there a couple of months ago...find me a job doing Unigraphics drafting so I can move back out that way, ok?

Also factor in the high altitude and the ITR is further disadvantage.
    You nailed it. When I lived in Denver, my GSR was downright anemic. Turbo cars can compensate for changes in atmospheric pressure which is a really good thing at 5800'

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Hey I'm from Grand Junction, Colorado. I loved the Valley while I was there.

I saw one with I/H/E run a 14.3 @ palmdale

more than likely he was gutted on drag radials also. I've owned MANY imports (about 11 hondas) and really like ITRs but MOST w/ those mods can barely break mid 14 w/ out drag radials or slicks, to me thats a waste of a set of slicks just to run mid to high 14s.
    2003 SRT-4
    stock / modded
    2.1 60' / 2.2 60'
    9.0 @ 79 mph / 9.1 @ 82mph
    14.1 @ 98 mph / 14.0 @ 103 mph
    153mph top speed confirmed (stock)
    mods to date:
    Home Depot Boost Controller ($10), spring mod, SPEC stg 3 clutch, filter, removed resonators, goldlines, 18" exel version 7, HID headlights

Originally posted by wrxpaul
    I saw one with I/H/E run a 14.3 @ palmdale
    i dont think that happned. unless maybe he was on slicks. probly had cams and other stuff as well.
    all my friends go to palmdale all the time in 200 plus whp civics gutted etc.. and only one friend has got out of the 13's all motor. and hes running 230whp. palmdale is like 3500ft above elevation. that place kills na cars

Re: ITR vs WRX

Originally posted by black
    You didn't launch, but still managed to pull him in?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.