Vid: Supercharged C5 vs 03 Cobra - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Vid: Supercharged C5 vs 03 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Those are some really good motors in those Vettes. They respond great to mods and are very strong. "535 Rear ...

Those are some really good motors in those Vettes. They respond great to mods and are very strong.

"535 Rear Wheel Horsepower, 3 Year Warranty

The new H.O. Intercooled ProCharger system for 1997-2003 LS1 and Z06 Corvette applications is now available, and produces an industry-leading 540+ horsepower on stock motors running pump gas. Featuring the self-contained P-1SC-1 ProCharger and twin highflow intercooler system as standard equipment, this recently introduced ProCharger system produces the largest power gains available for LS1 and Z06 motors. The system is 100% complete, is standard with a polished finish for the supercharger and bracket assembly, and is available with a three-year supercharger warranty. This system features the easiest installation of any intercooled forced induction system for the C5, and both the supercharger and intercooler system are compatible with additional power upgrades, as they both support over 750 horsepower.

This industry-leading intercooled supercharger system creates 540+ horsepower with 7 psi of highly efficient intercooled boost. The self-contained P-1SC-1 ProCharger (gear driven, with no need to punch a hole in the oil pan) and twin highflow intercooler system together produce the coolest charge air temperatures and greatest reliable power gains, as well as largest hp gains per pound of boost. The 7 psi pulley is standard, and a 5 psi pulley (which produces 490 hp) is also available. For those with highly modified motors and/or wishing to do custom tuning, an Intercooled Serpentine Race Kit is also available, which includes the D-1SC ProCharger."
    http://www.rpmoutlet.com/c5atisc.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those are my buddies cars.. you can hardly hear it in the video, but the corvette has a blitz bov that makes the car hiss and sound pretty cool when it's cruising.

A BOV with a s/c? Must be a custom thing. :-/

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    holy crappola THAT is pulling power!!!!

I wonder what that race would have been like from a dig?
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Ummm how does a s/c car have a blow-off valve????
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

OUCH!!! Man do I love the scream of a WOT SC car!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Thumbs up

That was sweet, crappy camera work or not. Nothing like pure, unadulterated power!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    Just mount it in the same location as you would in a turbo car.. that corvette has two front(or side mount) intercoolers also.. one in each corner in the front where there are two small openings for air.

honda

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    one of my good buddies who also has a vf23 turbo swapped wrx has a civic hatch with a b18c5 (type r motor) fully built running 15 lbs of boost on a procharger supercharger. it has a front mount and a blow off valve but sounds much different than a turbo blowing off. for example when you decelerate it constantly blows off, which can get annoying. also you can constantly hear the supercharger running with a mechanical whine, even at idle.

the prochargers power hits more like a large turbo, you dont hit full boost until about 6k in 1st. the first time i drove it, i hit the rev limiter because i took off, nothing, nothing, then WHAM it through me back and i couldnt shift fast enough (hitting the 9k rev limiter).
    the car is so fun, hasnt been to the track yet, but its easily running 12's due to he raced a built and turbo'd type r last weekend at the illegals and beat it by a car. the type r has run 12's at the track, but for some reason had like 4 people in the car during the race against my buddy. so it could possibly in the very high 11's but i'm guessing not since type r was weighted down.

Right on the money.. my freinds corvette is always hissing on deceleration and sometimes at part throttle etc. It's cool though I like it. Yeah the procharger makes boost up high like a big turbo, i mean, it looks just like a turbo and works the same way, just without the exhuast housing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12