Morning Dove VS. '02 WRX Sedan - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Morning Dove VS. '02 WRX Sedan within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dove......The other other white meat...

I Support ClubWRX
    Dove......The other other white meat

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OMG that's too funny (but a PIA for you). What's even more amazing is that I had mentioned to the a subie sales guy one time that the damn scoop on the STi is so big you could catch birds with it...little did I know!?

T.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe! That's the best documented bird-killing I've ever seen. Nice photojournalism. I feel bad for your intercooler, though.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    The intercooler bolts underneath on the back side are a pain to get off!!
    For future reference, its much easier to just loosen the clamp around the IC hose/ turbo comp. The IC and IC hose will come off and on as one piece. Its a little tricky getting the hose back onto the turbo, but much easier than loosening the four bolts IMO.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Typical: after the kill they give you the bird.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

I dont know whats funnier, The fact that you can actually catch birds with the scoop or the fact that you took so many pictures of it. You are one sick man. Hows the damage on the IC, if any?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Amazing. But at least you don't have to use IC spray to chase homeless types from YOUR hood scoop in the morning...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

My Intercooler is just fine. None of the aluminum fins were bent. I did have some spilled blood that seeped through to the other side, but I cleaned that up pretty well.

I would suggest getting a hood scoop screen (NOT one that sits just on top of your intercooler) Get preventative and put one on the scoop! It won't affect air flow that much, and there is a guy on http://www.wrxfanatics.com named Jedimaster that sells them for cheap.

I have one on now and it's making a world of difference. At least in my mind....

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    I would suggest getting a hood scoop screen (NOT one that sits just on top of your intercooler) Get preventative and put one on the scoop! It won't affect air flow that much, and there is a guy on http://www.wrxfanatics.com named Jedimaster that sells them for cheap.
    OH GOD!

How cheap?

I would have made you one for half the price he's probably selling them for. Go to home depot and make one. Very simple.

As for taking off your intercooler like that, you're making it a LOT harder to get off then it should be. Just take off the hoses along with the intercooler...

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Nice kill!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Good point about the intercooler. All you have to do is remove the two bolts on the side, the recirc/bov valve, and the big ol' hose on the throttle body.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Thanks for the tips on IC removal, I'll make sure to do that next time. But the front bolts weren't the pain. It was the rear ones UNDER the IC.

The screen was like $15 shipped. It was already cut, and came with zip ties and instructions. Sure, I'm capable enough to do my own, but wasn't feeling like cutting myself on the aluminum screening.

I didn't get ripped off.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Why not remove your intercooler with the hoses attached? It makes for a much easier removal process.
    WRXThis <> Brian
    2002 PSM WRX Sedan
    Was tuned to Stage V
    Soon... WRB STi w/ gold

No one made an "Owned" pic out of this yet?
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

hahah, Im gonna be paranoid now whenever Im driving in my nieghborhood and see birds.

Rlschmidt i love your avatar... That britney, chritina, madonna kiss was HOT, i wish i coulda been madonna for those few minutes on stage.

unbelievable
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.