question: Mustang GT or WRX stage 2?

This is a discussion on question: Mustang GT or WRX stage 2? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Would a WRX Stage 2 be able to beat a 2002 Mustang GT from a roll? It's a cobb stage ...

question: Mustang GT or WRX stage 2?

Would a WRX Stage 2 be able to beat a 2002 Mustang GT from a roll? It's a cobb stage 2.

Just curious cause I have never raced before and I don't plan on it, but my friend just got a stock GT and I was wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dunno what sort of performance your stage 2 generates......but I think you would have a good chance to pull on a stock GT....my stage 1 srt4 pulled pretty good on what I assume was a stock GT today......

I have no idea. But i do know that i see too many Mustang GT's on the road. I THINK it would pull on the GT. but i could be mistaken

i would expect a stock wrx to hang with a stock gt from a roll, so i doubt that a stage 2 would have a problem seeing the gt in the rear view mirror.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    i would expect a stock wrx to hang with a stock gt from a roll, so i doubt that a stage 2 would have a problem seeing the gt in the rear view mirror.
    agreed. you may now proceed to killing your buddy

your kidding yourself if you think a stock wrx will hang with a stock gt from a roll.

WRX-227 HP 217 TQ (170-175 wheel hp)
    GT- 260 HP 280hp tq (220 hp to wheels on avg)

A wrx needs at least a boost controller to hang...
    It took me a tback, uppipe, and MBC to slightly pull on one from a roll....from a stop this is a diff story.

peace
    joe
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Well I don't know what Mustang you may speak off but IMHO the 4.6L's are doggs. I pulled on one bad over and over again with a full exhaust except for the stock 3rd cat in place and a Joe-P set to 15.5psi in 3rd. The Mustang had a full exhaust and was stick. You can check out my thread here: 4.6L Mustang VS Me (wave bye bye) if you want the rest of the story. Upside down, on backwards visor and all..

-Fess

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    On a 96-98 GT, yes...they were not fast at all stock...with GREAT driving getting mid 14s out of them...

On a 99 or newer GT, it would be tough to say. Im sure a stage 2 would pull on a stock Auto GT...on a manual, it would be closer. Mustangs are not top end beasts by any means, but stock for stock, they trap quite a bit higher than rex's, so if the stage 2 is putting WRX's trapping 100+, then they should have it everytime.
    2003 SRT-4

stage two would take the stang from a roll, since most stangs are putitng down 215 RWHP...the wrx would have a better weight advantage and be making slighlty more power...

My point was that a stock wrx would get walked on by a stang....

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

sorry but i hung even with one way back when i was stock from a 5mph roll. the guy said he had just an exhaust and i had an extra passenger... maybe it was the driver? oh and to reply to the initial topic i seriously doubt my cobb stage 2 would have any problems with a gt from a roll... its MUCH faster than stock

cool thanks guys, answered my question well.

I've had personal experience with a 2002 Stang GT as my friend currently owns one. I haven't seen him race my friend with the WRX but I know that the WRX would either tie or edge out him based on what my car runs.

Me vs. GT: 2 cars
    Me vs. WRX: 2 cars + running away quick

This is at a measured 1/4 mile.

I think that the WRX should be able to beat it if you have any type of upgrades.

Yes the numbers say that you shouldn't, but trust me.
    95' Tsi AWD
    95' 3000GT SL (r.i.p. 10-9-02)

Correct! Stock GT's trap 2-3 mph higher than stock wrx. To everyone who can't translate that into street terms...that means a GT would have a steady pull on a wrx from a roll. With Vishnu stage 0 unichip, sbc-id at 16 psi, TXS catless stealthback, and PDE uppipe I was able to put a good number of carlengths on a stock GT and a respectable number on a similarly modded one.

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    On a 96-98 GT, yes...they were not fast at all stock...with GREAT driving getting mid 14s out of them...

On a 99 or newer GT, it would be tough to say. Im sure a stage 2 would pull on a stock Auto GT...on a manual, it would be closer. Mustangs are not top end beasts by any means, but stock for stock, they trap quite a bit higher than rex's, so if the stage 2 is putting WRX's trapping 100+, then they should have it everytime.

Originally posted by hobbzz
    Correct! Stock GT's trap 2-3 mph higher than stock wrx. To everyone who can't translate that into street terms...that means a GT would have a steady pull on a wrx from a roll. With Vishnu stage 0 unichip, sbc-id at 16 psi, TXS catless stealthback, and PDE uppipe I was able to put a good number of carlengths on a stock GT and a respectable number on a similarly modded one.
    well said

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here: