Another Good WRX/STi Owner!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another Good WRX/STi Owner! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hmmmm, <rear view mirror check> Civic hatch, 2 Mini vans, a fancy looking Benz, Ford Explorer, and lookie lookie, A ...

Thumbs up Another Good WRX/STi Owner!

Hmmmm, <rear view mirror check> Civic hatch, 2 Mini vans, a fancy looking Benz, Ford Explorer, and lookie lookie, A prettie blue STi with gold rims... cute! <eyes back on the road> So I skirt off down Stockton road heading back to the house, I didn't think the STi would bite (or any of the other vehicals for that matter), but he pulls up behind me and starts revving, I refuse to play into the antics, I had the drags on the car, and with my evil primer paint job that adds 45hp , this had to be a joke. I looked back and noticed he was tryin' to hear what the 'maro sounded like (See I knew you guys wern't a holes, always respects the classics) So I give him a show, my front end rises in the air and shakes after ever round, the guy in the mini van next to me thinks we are gunna run so he slightly pulls over to allow the STi to pull up. He yells at the window "Teach the lil turbo punk a lesson!" I reply "Nah, he's a smart one, he knows beauty when he sees it, he just wanted to see what I got." So everyone starts honking (they do this down here to acknoledge/instigate a race) So the STi guy pulls up and says "Pray for me?!" and I reply "Your good for it man, lets give em a show!" So the minivan guy takes over (We are STILL holding up the light hahahaha) and he does the 3 honks, I jump on it and catch trackion and beat him off the line it was over before it began... So I play a game of cat and mouse... I'd speed off, let him catch up then break off again shaking my finger in the air "NoNoNo..." We stop then wait for the spectators to catch up (This is common, if you have a crowd acknoledge a race you wait for them) So they come up and give us our ovation (2 normal honks and a final long third) The STi pulls to the side of me, gives me my props, then says he is out of town and never seen a scene like this. We traded numbers in case he was in town at the local track and we sped off. This is the 5th time I have ran into such a cool WRX/STi owner, and I have yet to meet a bad one. Kudos to you all, Now to find someone who can beat me
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ike
    "Now to find someone who can beat me "

Just go to the track, you'll find plenty of people Nice to hear another good experience.

Ike
    Hey C9, do you know anything about Cudas? I have uncles with a pair of them, one red with black and the other black with red. One of those uncles recently passed away and I don't my aunt knows what to do with his collection. Most of his other cars are old mobster type cars (some complete with bullet holes). What do you think a mint 70 Cuda is worth, and what kind of potential do they have. I know chevy prettymuch rules the hotrod dragracing world... I'm getting hooked on american muscle cars and have been going to the track way to much, I think my dad and I just might bite. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 08-28-2003 at 01:14 AM.

Wow, I wish the people around my area did that. Sounds pretty cool.

Originally posted by Bliss
    Wow, I wish the people around my area did that. Sounds pretty cool.
    yeah seriously.

is that person on the boards by any chance??
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

As for what a 70 Cuda is worth, it varies WILDLY on the options; anywhere from well under $10k for a small black automatic, to pushing 6 figures a Hemi car. And, like any older car, it's worth whatever you can convince somebody to pay for it. Very nice car, and getting vary scarce now- Chrysler didnt use the best of materials on them in the first place, and most of them are rusted beyond hope. A clean one is certainly worth holding onto. Potential? As fast as you want to spend, but be careful about what is is before you tear into it and devalue the car if it is mint. If it's a 318, 340 or even a 383 car, it's not that big a deal (although the 383 is starting to get a bit valuable) but if it's a 440 or a 6 pack car, it's already quite valuable and youll lose a lot of value by modding it. Good luck!
    -Ray

I call BS! Your only running 10's!!!

Nice kill!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Ike
    Originally posted by rayray
    As for what a 70 Cuda is worth, it varies WILDLY on the options; anywhere from well under $10k for a small black automatic, to pushing 6 figures a Hemi car. And, like any older car, it's worth whatever you can convince somebody to pay for it. Very nice car, and getting vary scarce now- Chrysler didnt use the best of materials on them in the first place, and most of them are rusted beyond hope. A clean one is certainly worth holding onto. Potential? As fast as you want to spend, but be careful about what is is before you tear into it and devalue the car if it is mint. If it's a 318, 340 or even a 383 car, it's not that big a deal (although the 383 is starting to get a bit valuable) but if it's a 440 or a 6 pack car, it's already quite valuable and youll lose a lot of value by modding it. Good luck!
    -Ray
    Almost positive both the Cudas have a 427 Hemi, they are both mint condition and have been in storage and driven only on sundays for many years. I guess it would be a bit of a shame to turn a show car into a drag car, but I don't see any reason it can't be both... Unless the car is worth a lot more than I realize.

Ike

Re: Another Good WRX/STi Owner!

Originally posted by C9A1L1L
    and lookie lookie, A prettie blue STi with gold rims... cute!
    (or any of the other vehicals for that matter),
    (they do this down here to acknoledge/instigate a race)
    I jump on it and catch trackion and beat him off the line it was over before it began...
    (This is common, if you have a crowd acknoledge a race you wait for them)
    C9A1L1L,
    I enjoy reading your stories, with one exception. Could you run spell checker on your posts before hitting the submit button?

"prettie" "vehicals" "acknoledge" "trackion"

These are common words that most school children can spell with ease. I'm almost embarrassed that an adult would post these gross misspellings on a public forum when all you have to do is type the story in Word and then cut and paste it into the browser window.

-Jim

Good story but it's kinda rude and stupid to tell someone to teach the "turbo punk." Turbo is our go-fast juice, except you don't have a bottle to pay to refill...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Ike
    Almost positive both the Cudas have a 427 Hemi, they are both mint condition and have been in storage and driven only on sundays for many years. I guess it would be a bit of a shame to turn a show car into a drag car, but I don't see any reason it can't be both... Unless the car is worth a lot more than I realize.

Ike
    If that is true, both those cars are worth a mint. From my understanding there were only 600 and change hemi-cudas built in 1970. With only about 16 conv. models included. The convertibles are now viewed as basically priceless. Some auctions have brought in 6 figures for a hardtop.

Originally posted by Ike

Ike
    If this is true and they are originals, they are worth ALOT of moolah. Can you post up some pics of teh motor and such? That would help alot.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Smile Re: Another Good WRX/STi Owner!

Originally posted by C9A1L1L
    So everyone starts honking (they do this down here to acknoledge/instigate a race)... ...So the minivan guy takes over (We are STILL holding up the light hahahaha) and he does the 3 honks... ...We stop then wait for the spectators to catch up (This is common, if you have a crowd acknoledge a race you wait for them) So they come up and give us our ovation (2 normal honks and a final long third)
    Yeah, whenever I'm stopped and sitting at a green light with people behind me, I figure they are honking with enthusiasm at my bad-ass car; rather than honking out of anger & frustration for me blocking traffic. And then when they drive by later and honk, it's never accompanied by a rude hand gesture, but because they think I'm cool. Glad to know it's the same way out in Cali! LMFAO

Anyway, nice take down of the Sti.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Re: Re: Another Good WRX/STi Owner!

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Yeah, whenever I'm stopped and sitting at a green light with people behind me, I figure they are honking with enthusiasm at my bad-ass car; rather than honking out of anger & frustration for me blocking traffic. And then when they drive by later and honk, it's never accompanied by a rude hand gesture, but because they think I'm cool. Glad to know it's the same way out in Cali! LMFAO

Instead, in IL, it's because they're psychos that want to kill you.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Re: Re: Another Good WRX/STi Owner!

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk

Comedy!
    That's what I was thinking. I would be pissed if some morons were holding up traffic at alight so they could race.
    Even if it was an STi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.