WRX vs Modded Civic. Bad Outcome
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Modded Civic. Bad Outcome within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So it was a monday today and I was just going from one place to another, not looking for a ...

WRX vs Modded Civic. Bad Outcome

So it was a monday today and I was just going from one place to another, not looking for a race at all. Then I find myself next to this red honda civic. He had wheels and an exhaust but I wasn't really expecting much of a race. When the light turns green i get a perfect launch, slipping the clutch at 4000 rpms. i could hear his muffler roar and he kind of taged along behind me through second. Then it happens. I shift to third and the rear end of my car suddenly drops and I hear a horibble scraping, grinding and crushing sound. My car erratically comes to a stop as I see the red civic blow past me and I'm stopped dead in the middle of the road. I slowly pull onto the side of the road and get out of the car to see what happened and my rear wheels are gone!!!. I look back down the road and I see what looks like my entire rear axle, with wheels attached, laying on the road a good ways back!!!. and ofcourse the rear bumper and exhaust pipe is totaly F^%ked up from beaing dragedon the concrete at 70 mph. I'm not sure if this means that the car is totalled or what. I never thought that anythign like this could actually happen in real life. Has any one else had this happen to them in ANY car? I can't beleive this happened!!!
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

april fools

ahh you freakin got me! damn I always forget what day it is, so gullable, funny there guy, I almost cried for you and your WRX.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

good one

now that was a good one!! thanks for the laugh man!!!
    let the a$$ kicking begin!

Originally posted by Sunkist
    ahh you freakin got me! damn I always forget what day it is, so gullable, funny there guy, I almost cried for you and your WRX.
    The fact that the WRX does not have a live/solid rear axle should have been your clue

Honestly, I was expecting to read that his rear diff grenaded itself, which would totally have suckered me.

-Pace

haha!! not to be mean, but before i even realized it was an april fool joke, i was laughing my ass off!! heheheh i can just imagine it too.. vrooom.. and boom!! hahaha aight i'll stop now

--RaCinWRX

Originally posted by pace

The fact that the WRX does not have a live/solid rear axle should have been your clue

-Pace
    I am a newbie to this and I dont even have mine yet so I missed that part, plus I was so overcome with sadness that details evade me.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Good stuff, but I'm with pace, you should've had smoke from the rear diff or something atleast mildly believable.

-Jim

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    april fools

It was not at all intended to be beleivable. While writing it I also questioned whether or not the car actully had a rear axle. I didn't think it did but it was just an april fools joke so I didn't want to take the time to actually research anything. But I have to give yall credit for catching on as fast as you did. Although I think some might have not been as quick if elohdaeh78 would have kept his mouth shut for a few posts.
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

I couldn't get past the fact that you said you raced a Civic!!
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

LOL, although you DO have to be careful with Civics because some of them are crazy fast. Of course, I can't think of a single reason why someone would waste their time. No matter how much effort you put into a Civic, it could never be as good as a WRX with the same amount of money.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.