i lost
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on i lost within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well tonight i raced a z28 from a stop. light goes green i take off ok but then i look ...

i lost

well tonight i raced a z28 from a stop. light goes green i take off ok but then i look over and the z28 flys by me that was the first time i lost in the wrx. o well my bday is tomorrow...... more mods..... all i have is a hks carbon ti catback and h&r springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those cars are no joke dude. The newer ones dyno close to 300whp or more stock.

Are you stock?
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Those cars are no joke dude. The newer ones dyno close to 300whp or more stock.

Are you stock?

he said in the post, hks catback and springs
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Umm, yeah I missed that.

Yeah dude, get a boost controller and an up-pipe / down-pipe combo. That $400 will go a long way in helping you beat a z28. From a stop anyway.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

The SS and the Z28 dyno at very similar ratings. If I were to buy a F-body I would get a Firehawk though.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by swipe112
    crap! 300 hp at the wheels?? You have to be kidding me. How much hp does the SS have then? I thought the SS was the only Camaro we had to be concerned about.
    SS only has about 10-15 more horses just cause of the ram air...i guess

yepp, I would have to agree with that...z28 or SS.....damn. I knew I couldnt win, but gave it a shot anyway. oh well, back to the drawing board...
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

Originally posted by silverscooby
    The SS and the Z28 dyno at very similar ratings. If I were to buy a F-body I would get a Firehawk though.
    the firehawks are so damn sexy. best looking ta's ever made IMO well the ls1's anyways

The LS1 cars will all peform about the same from the factory. The SS/WS6/Firehawks just have a different hood, wheels, swaybars, and catback exhaust. The freer flowing exhaust is the basic reason the stock SS/WS6/Hawk are a tad faster than a normal TransAm/Formula/Z28. The "ram air" hoods don't do much more than direct cooler air into the air filter. They aren't sealed, and aren't much more than a marketing gimmick. But they do look cool!

And since there is some actual appreciation (or non-hating) of F-bodies going on in here, I'll go off topic for a moment with a couple of pics of my Hawk.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    And since there is some actual appreciation (or non-hating) of F-bodies going on in here, I'll go off topic for a moment with a couple of pics of my Hawk.
    awesome car.

dR

A stock LS1 would be a problem...though I have yet to meet up with and do anything anywhere close to racing one...have yet to find one in this area. LT1 though...toasted a fair number of those.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

less than $400 for a COBB stage1 reflash.....
    Safer than the boost controller

+30hp

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dark_rex
    awesome car.

dR
    Dude, you cracked me up. I'm sitting here in my cubicle cackling at the NOS kid and the future wife-beater, and the other engineers think I'm weird...

(just kidding around with the stereotypes)

On another note, I'd second the vote for the Cobb Stage 1 reflash. I've got it, I like it. Saving for exhaust stuff so I can go to Stage 2...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by mattyp
    the firehawks are so damn sexy. best looking ta's ever made IMO well the ls1's anyways
    WORD!

Re: i lost

Originally posted by enolarolla
    well tonight i raced a z28 from a stop. light goes green i take off ok but then i look over and the z28 flys by me that was the first time i lost in the wrx. o well my bday is tomorrow...... more mods..... all i have is a hks carbon ti catback and h&r springs
    yeah, a z-28 is nothing to take lightly if your not well modded. i wouldnt worry so much about the LT1, still quick, but defintaly wrx territory. the LS1 is much faster, and hp rating are very underrated. they put to the wheels what chevy claims as crank hp. a few more mods like MBC, uppipe/downpipe, and you could take the lt1's and run with the ls1's. stock of course.

firehawks are amazing cars. i have never really liked the f-bodies, but when i drove my uncles 2k1 WS-6 i loved it. handling was worse than i expected, but the raw power is nice.

and my buddy just got a black firehawk and its great. 1st one i have ever been in. its by far my favorite american car. atleast new ones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast