Hear the 1 about the WRX, the C5, the Mach1, and the S2000?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hear the 1 about the WRX, the C5, the Mach1, and the S2000? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A co-worker of mine has a nice 2001 Corvette auto with the usual mods (intake,exhaust,diablosport computer) so tonight after work ...

Hear the 1 about the WRX, the C5, the Mach1, and the S2000?

A co-worker of mine has a nice 2001 Corvette auto with the usual mods (intake,exhaust,diablosport computer) so tonight after work we went out and had some fun.

I am totally out of race gas, so I'm only running 20psi thanks to my mix of 100 and 93 unleaded. I figure I'm making around 310-320 whp on that setup.

First light we roll up to leads to a 4 lane highway with two left turn lanes. The first car in my lane is a shiney new white Mustang Mach1 (stock I assume). I pull in behind him, but my buddy pulls beside him and throws him a rev. The guy in the Mach1 (with his girl) just sits there. When the light turns, the Mach1 chirps his tires and attempts to leave us behind. Key word, attempts. John (the C5 owner) reels him in pretty quickly with me switching lanes to fall in behind John. We both pass the Mach1 but now I'm gaining on John. I switch to the left lane as I'm getting ready to pass John and he shuts down. The Mach1 wouldnt catch back up to us no matter how much we slowed down so John and I made a U-turn and headed to the main highway for some roll-ons.

We did several rolls, once from 40mph, one from 50, and one from 70. From each roll, he would jump a car ahead until I hit full boost then I would gain on him and eventualy walk by him. We never went above 120, but I have a feeling that he might start gaining on me at those kinda speeds. I need to practice brake-boosting so that he doesnt jump out on me while the turbo spools.

After 15 minutes of this I notice some HID's merging behind us. I motion for John to slow down, and he yells "S2000" Sure enough, two younger guys in a black S2000 with aftermarket wheels, exhaust, and AEM intake (I'm assuming that from his plate frame) pull up beside John and I. The guy in the passenger seat gave me a tumbs up, then the driver down shifted and hit it. I obliged and put a couple cars on him, with John in tow passing the Honda then merging in front of him.

We were coming up on our exit so I beeped and gave the S2000 a thumbs up as we exited. I wish either John or myself had a passenger to tape tonight, it was pretty cool. The roads were practiacly empty and the weather was perfect, cool and no humidity. It made for a fun night.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

awsome kills man
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

Nice kills... It's always fun to go out cruising with a buddy in a nearly equal fast car, and then finding some poor unsuspecting souls to unleash a double dose of HP whoop-ass upon.

If your coworker is really interested in a great mod for his C5, tell him to look into a higher stall torque converter (along with shift kit and tranny cooler). He won't believe it's the same car...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Good races man!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

joethesajin, "I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot" Is that from the Man Show?

Dan, I know man! I've been trying to get him to do that but he doesnt drag race a whole lot. He's looking at the pro-charger kit for his car right now. There is a local guy that can install and tune it for him. He's promising 500whp!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

It's going to be hard to put 500hp to the ground without a high stall converter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by silverscooby
    joethesajin, "I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot" Is that from the Man Show?

Dan, I know man! I've been trying to get him to do that but he doesnt drag race a whole lot. He's looking at the pro-charger kit for his car right now. There is a local guy that can install and tune it for him. He's promising 500whp!
    My buddy owns a ZO6, the 385hp version(first year of ZO6 I believe.) He wants to throw a supercharger on his too. Jim, if your friend finds some information on supercharging his C5, could you pass along the information to me as well. I will be helping my buddy install the supercharger, while a local tuner will tune it.

Thanks.

no silver its not from the man show.
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

schweet, always entertaining silverscooby.

When the s2000 showed up it made me think of that scene in Rounders when everyone was playing in Atlantic City and a couple tourists show up at the table...having no idea what they just walked into

T.

One of the recent car mags (MT I think) had a little blurb about a Z06 S/C. If I can find it I will post the info up here.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.