wrx vs new body style mustang gt
Results 1 to 8 of 8

This is a discussion on wrx vs new body style mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i was at a stop light by my self. and a car creeps up next to me, it was ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Huntington *****
    Posts
    303

    wrx vs new body style mustang gt

    well i was at a stop light by my self. and a car creeps up next to me, it was a newer body style mustang gt, white to be exact.
    it started creeping at the line so i knew he wanted to play also the fact he kept staring at me. the mustang appeared to be stock looking from what i could tell. (dont know to much about them anyways)

    the light turns green, i dont launch right away. (i always wait for the other car to take off just to make sure there down for a lil race.) well sure enough he takes off tires screeching.

    so i launch at about 4500 rpms. i instantly gain a car length in 1st gear, 2nd gear i put another car on him. 3rd gear he gains about 3/4 car back. we take it to the end of 3rd which was around 90mph and i ended up being about 1 1/4 cars ahead. i was stoked to finally race a mustang gt. ive never got to race one before, and i'd figure it would give me a good run which it did.

    my mods are turbo back and utec set at 16.5 psi in 3rd gear

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User JBLSWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    168
    Cool race way to smoke a slowstang
    Stage 4 (vf34) + tmic + mbc

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    13,128
    Originally posted by JBLSWRX
    Cool race way to smoke a slowstang
    Not all mustangs are slow! I've raced a couple of 5.0's around here and been left wondering wtf happened (I'm also stock, though)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

  5. #4
    Registered User PlatNmRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    97
    1999+ Manual Stang GT- Widely accepted that it's fastest stock 1/4 mile is 14.0 or maybe even 13.9.


    Problem is that they burn out to easily, as we launch by them and they thus realize that they are inferior JK

    I grew up with Mustangs everywhere, and in my opinion the V8 rumble still sounds the best, but I'd rather have my Rex any day


    VERY nice kill though! sounds like the MBC really helped you out in 3rd gear where they normally gain ALOT of ground
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

  6. #5
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Originally posted by PlatNmRex
    1999+ Manual Stang GT- Widely accepted that it's fastest stock 1/4 mile is 14.0 or maybe even 13.9.


    Problem is that they burn out to easily, as we launch by them and they thus realize that they are inferior JK
    Actually a couple people have run 13.6x's with em stock...but yea, 90% will turn high 13s-low 14s.
    2003 SRT-4

  7. #6
    Registered User CKxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,522
    Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    Actually a couple people have run 13.6x's with em stock...but yea, 90% will turn high 13s-low 14s.
    I love how mustang owners don't acctaully know the times their cars run stock. Once I was in line at the track w/a new stock GT, owner tells me its been running the normal stock time, "low 13s." I guess that is part of what helps fuel the assclown qualities of the average young owner.

    And, yes, raccoon I know that that was w/a good driver in good weather or somthing, and I know that you own fast mustangs. That should clear up any need for a responce.
    Last edited by CKxx; 08-26-2003 at 01:00 PM.
    I created my avatar.

  8. #7
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Originally posted by CKxx
    I love how mustang owners don't acctaully know the times their cars run stock. Once I was in line at the track w/a new stock GT, owner tells me its been running the normal stock time, "low 13s." I guess that is part of what helps fuel the assclown qualities of the average young owner.

    And, yes, raccoon I know that that was w/a good driver in good weather or somthing, and I know that you own fast mustangs. That should clear up any need for a responce.
    Dont be bitter, I just try to help when people are mistaken. You all teach me about cars Im not an expert on, and I can help you with cars that I know about.
    2003 SRT-4

  9. #8
    Registered User brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,163
    I tangled with a 5.0 the other day. Damn thing would scoot too. I let him catch me(30ish mph) and then hammered it, and I saw tail-lights till about 80, then I passed him, not like I thought I would tho. Didn't get a chance to ask him what the heck he'd done to the car, we took different exits. I need a bigger turbo
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •