Ricer flyby from Ford Explorer (long)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ricer flyby from Ford Explorer (long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My wife and I were driving home when we decided to take a detour to get some cash at the ...

Ricer flyby from Ford Explorer (long)

My wife and I were driving home when we decided to take a detour to get some cash at the bank. On the way there I am in the left lane doing about 45 in a 35 - pacing the car in front of me. Out of nowhere this mid 90's explorer pulls right up on my a$$. I was like WTF. First, I'm already 10 over. Second, there is a car right in front of me. Third there is a car directly to my right. In other words, there is no place to go.

Well the car in front of me pulls to the right and I up the pace to about 50 - Explorer still right on top of my rear. I can see that the driver is about to gun it and cut off the driver in the right lane so I drop it to 3rd and floor it. The Ford drops buslengths back in a couple seconds so I slow down. About 5 seconds later, the Explorer flys by doing about 85.

Here is the funny part... The bank is about 3 miles and a few turns away. As I continue my errand I realize that the infamous Explorer is right in front of me. It turns out that we are both going to the bank to do the same thing. The other driver gets out of her car a couple seconds before me and I see that she's a teenaged girl. I follow her to the cash machines and can tell she is REALLY nervous. As she puts her card into the cash machine I can see her hand shaking. I calmly walked up to the cash machine next to hers and did my thing. Hopefully this will teach her a lesson. The next angry guy might purposefully follow her and give her a serious ear-full.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's pretty funny. If there's anything I've learned, it's that people are a lot tougher when they're in their cars. Get them out and most people turn to pudding.

I don't know if I'd have had the restraint that you had. I'd have probably tried to make her cry, just to be a jerk.

I used to ride bicycles with a pretty hardcore group of guys, and one day one of our riders called a guy out who cut through our paceline and nearly hit several of us. The guy wouldn't even get out of his car. It's not like a guy in spandex can do much, it's just that people feel really safe in their multi-ton steel cage.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Had a learning experience like that in a parking lot when a guy didn't yield at a 4-way stop sign. I flipped him off, then next thing you know, he's walking down the escalator with his wife and I'm right behind him with my wife and a friend of ours. But I wasn't backing down. I told him he drove like an ass. And he told me to fcuk myself.

So we basically agreed to disagree.

On another note, that girl needs to spend a week driving a ford fiesta then have an escalade or some other rolling oil spill on wheels up her a$$ for a few blocks. Probably change her idiotic perspective.

I remember when I was in HS and was walking to lunch, I was walking along in a freakin crosswalk when a car comes flying up and locks up her brakes right in front of me (she did infact hit me and cause me to jump away) and starts yelling and making a bunch of angry gestures. I was having a really bad day and I was already pissed from earlier... so I walked up and put my foot through her headlight and then kicked the crap outta her grill... I walked up to her window and started yelling right back about pedestrians crossing in a cross walk and that if she wanted to continue this I would be the ones calling the cops, as I had the right of way and she DID infact hit me (with a bunch of witnesses to boot). She just cried and told me not to hurt her and eventually sped away after i was done. Oh well, some people deserve it
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I remember my old days when I had some road rage problems.
    I'm in control now, but back in the days...., you wouldn't believe what kind of weapons might come out of my car.
    I was not thinking very well back in the days. I won't go into details, because people might think I'm crazy. I'm ok now....I think.

It's a good and very nice manner thing that you did. (At least it's a nice manner thing that you DID NOT make her cry or etc... mad props.)

-soul

I love it when people do like that to me and when I see them outside the car, they TRY to get enough balls to stare you down but get scared and flee when you don't budge...especially when you're a small guy and they're many times your size.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.