God i hate that feeling of loosing
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on God i hate that feeling of loosing within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; coming home the other night i ran into this BMW of some sort.... really wish i knew what it was.... ...

God i hate that feeling of loosing

coming home the other night i ran into this BMW of some sort.... really wish i knew what it was.... two door something didnt get the numbers on the back..... but he had loud exhaust and a PC mounted on the dash.... he also spent large cash on a paint job

i pulled up to the light and i see him cut over two lanes to get next to me.... we both start out normal and then around 20-30 he starts to rev it..... i take the hint and we both punch it (me a half second sooner).... i had him till the end of second by 1/2 a car and in third he kept pulling slightly untill he was about 1/2 car length infront of me at ~110.... he was cool though and gave me the thumbs up and i did the same.....

the felling of loosing just sucks...... i spent the rest of the night soaking it up and balancing my check book trying to find $$$ for mods

i really wish i new what kind of BMW and what mods he had.... just might make me feel better...... anyone know how fast new 2 door BMWs are (just some possible models???) you know to maybe make my loss feel better.... or worse i guess
    Last edited by jugger; 08-24-2003 at 10:08 PM.
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

id say an E46 M3.. but I dont think it would be anywhere close with your mods
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    it was either a last gen e36 or even a new 330i...they both ran low-high 14s depending on driver.

btw, what does it feel like to lose?

You shoulda bought a mustang

totally kidding, btw.
    2003 SRT-4

Yup.. I know I shoulda bought a Mustang, u'll get in such great shape from walking after it breaks down all the time that id be down to 200 in no time
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Yup.. I know I shoulda bought a Mustang, u'll get in such great shape from walking after it breaks down all the time that id be down to 200 in no time
    Good point. It would also be a really unique experience because you would be almost the only one with such a car. Toothless women would come up to you all the time and say: "Wow, what kind of car is that? Is it one of them new hillbilly Ferraris or somethin I saw on Jerry Springer?"
    Last edited by MrSwede; 08-25-2003 at 05:38 AM.

With your mods and how you kept up it was most likely a e36 M3 that probably had some decent mods on it. I doubt a 330i could keep up that close even from a roll unless it had some serious mods. Don't worry though, you would have won if you were went from a stop.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

YEAH i need to start picking races from a stop and none of this from a roll $hit (those are never good races for me).... still pisses me off about my car.... i really think it was built with crappy parts on a crappy day.... because it dosent fell as fast as it should be

well school is back in session up here in Fort Collins so i should see this guy again..... maybe then i can race again from a stop and talk to the guy and figure out what kind of mods he has and what the hell the lap top on his dash is for....
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Thats why god created turbo upgrades.
    I created my avatar.

I think after awhile we all start thinking out car is slower then it should be. I know I do, until I raced my friends M3, then I knew it was still quick, but felt slow. But like CKxx said, thats why god made turbo upgrades.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

The laptop on his dash was probably one of those portable DVD players with the flip up top (they very much look like a small laptop).
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    it was either a last gen e36 or even a new 330i...they both ran low-high 14s depending on driver.

btw, what does it feel like to lose?

You shoulda bought a mustang

totally kidding, btw.
    That's mean.... funny though!!
    I'll say it's not e36 m3. I beat them way too many times with my stock turbo on a roll. (Of course, if he was mildly modified, then it's a different story) I'll say it's like modded 330 or so.
    I could be wrong. I'm sorry that you lost, but you win some and you lose some. I learned that lesson when I raced a low 11 sec mustang while back. It was not pretty...
    -soul

Originally posted by swipe112
    Just as a side note for those of you that don't know, the newest 330 has been upped on its engine hp. They now have 235 hp as opposed to ~220 so they pretty much are on par with the E36 M3's. Damn...more beamers to look out for.
    E36 Ms are whack. The only one I care about around me is supercharged auto. Ive been waiting to bash it just b/c the owner thinks its fast. Last time I challenged him, he put on his blinker and turned.
    I created my avatar.

Edmunds still has the 330ci as 225 HP

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/bmw/...idenav..8.BMW*

Originally posted by pnv2033
    Edmunds still has the 330ci as 225 HP

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/bmw/...idenav..8.BMW*
    The HP boost is fairly recent. I just read about it in this month's C&D.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by CKxx
    E36 Ms are whack. The only one I care about around me is supercharged auto. Ive been waiting to bash it just b/c the owner thinks its fast. Last time I challenged him, he put on his blinker and turned.
    Whack? OMG, that's hilarious...one of the faster cars for its time (before the import craze started) and handles like its on rails STOCK. And that's whack?

That's one of the best cars I've ever had the pleasure of driving.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.