WRX vs. M3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a briedf run in with an E36 with loud exhaust and various stickers on the freeway yesterday. My Cobb ...

WRX vs. M3

Had a briedf run in with an E36 with loud exhaust and various stickers on the freeway yesterday. My Cobb stage 1 wagon was a wee bit faster pulling up a hill between 80 and 105 in 5th. Once over the crest we ran at between 110 and 125 for about 5 miles, where the WRX clearly had better acceleration. All in all I was very impressed with my crosseyed goldfish mobile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill! Is the E36 the older M3? If so than it makes about 240hp I think, but it's lighter probably so it's faster than a wrx would be with only 240hp..

I recently killed an E46(or whatever they are called) M3 last week, I've always wanted to race the E36 but havn't had my chance yet, I like them better than the newer ones honestly, they sound better too IMO.

The new M3s are much, much faster than the old e36s. Why did you stay in fifth at 80 mph? You could have been in third and smoked him...

Originally posted by aj7897
    The new M3s are much, much faster than the old e36s. Why did you stay in fifth at 80 mph? You could have been in third and smoked him...
    I was kinda curious to see what would happen in 5th. It's pretty clear that once the WRX got up to about 4.5k it was on a roll.

man, by reading the title...I thought you finally got your run against a e46 M3. ...and it turns out to be a US wimpy spec E36 M3. anywayz, good kill.

btw, you got too much hills in oakland, man!! you need some valley like in So Cal...lol
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by FrankW
    man, by reading the title...I thought you finally got your run against a e46 M3. ...and it turns out to be a US wimpy spec E36 M3. anywayz, good kill.

btw, you got too much hills in oakland, man!! you need some valley like in So Cal...lol
    I'm waiting for the day! Should be an interesting experience. I'll probably get beat, but I'll give it my best. I guess one has to make do with the local topography...around here it's mostly hills and curves.

if drivin right e 36 is nothign to play with,

i got a E 36 M3 with intake, muffler, clutch and flywheel.

ran it at a local 1/8th mile strip last night, TIME ---> a 8.7 with a 1.9 60'
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Funny, I raced (if you want to call it that) a new M3 in Novi, right after leaving Dan's shop. Went from a 20 mph roll (or so) and stayed together about 80 mph. Just a quick run.

Eric
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by kingleh
    if drivin right e 36 is nothign to play with,

i got a E 36 M3 with intake, muffler, clutch and flywheel.

ran it at a local 1/8th mile strip last night, TIME ---> a 8.7 with a 1.9 60'
    Yes, according to all the tests they are supposed to do the quarter in the mid 14's at around 99 mph. What impressed me about the WRX was it's ability to more than stay with the M3 at speeds of >110. I thought it might get tough at higher speeds, but the WRX did just great. BTW, I really like E36's...E46's much less so.

Originally posted by dangrass
    Yes, according to all the tests they are supposed to do the quarter in the mid 14's at around 99 mph. What impressed me about the WRX was it's ability to more than stay with the M3 at speeds of >110. I thought it might get tough at higher speeds, but the WRX did just great. BTW, I really like E36's...E46's much less so.
    a 8.7 comes out to be a ruff est of about 13.7 in the 1/4th, thats far away from 14.5
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Originally posted by kingleh
    a 8.7 comes out to be a ruff est of about 13.7 in the 1/4th, thats far away from 14.5
    er...ok...but yours isn't stock. I would sort of expect yours to be faster.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.