Old muscle = ricer/ vs STi

This is a discussion on Old muscle = ricer/ vs STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Early in the moring cruising out of town (in the STi) I ran into this 80s style Camaro. (Yes, I ...

Old muscle = ricer/ vs STi

Early in the moring cruising out of town (in the STi) I ran into this 80s style Camaro. (Yes, I know the Camaro's were very slow in the 80s, but this one wasn't) It was definately setup for racing. You could tell just by looking at the light weight wheels, drag radials, and custom exhaust, etc, that it was for real.
    Well we lined up next to each other at a light and it was on. The light turned green and I was caught sleeping and bogged the launch. All I could hear is his tires spinning/squealing as he got a jump on me. Luckily for me I started reeling him in. At the top of 2nd gear I was right next to him and pulling. I shifted into 3rd and kept pulling on him. I then shifted into 4th and finished the job.
    I would guess his Camaro is good for high 13s - low 14s or so. It was pretty fast in the 0- 70mph range ( gearing maybe?)

Then I slow down to the speed limit and just cruised. He does the same about 100 yards behind me. We drive like this for about 1 mile or so. Then as we come up on a turn with a lot of traffic in front of us, he nails it and comes flying by me doing about 90mph. He has to zig zag through traffic so not to run into me or anyone else. He then flys up the road for about another 100 yards or so and then quickly darts into a neigborhood. It was the worst/dumbest fly bye I've ever scene.

Talk about a poor loser. I guess he had to do something to make himself feel better? So, even the hard core domestic guys do ricer fly byes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no man..u have to get the term right.
    a mullet flyby not a ricer..
    Z33

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
    no man..u have to get the term right.
    a mullet flyby not a ricer..
    I like that one, a mullet flyby.
    He sure was one crazy driver that didn't take to getting beat by an import. I expected him to give me the thumbs up and a smile, but all he did is develop a bad case of road rage.

ahah i had one of those camaro's and they are so dirt slow...high 13s and 14s with weld racing wheels and what not..that's not meanin business!! i think it's impossible for those 3rd gen's to go fast with that stock motor. buddy of mine had tons of boltons just hit mid/high 12s...all in all way to beat up on that chevy
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

If you don't call a rice-by a rice-by when it's domestic...what do you really call it? Mullet-by sounds kinda awkward...soy-by too...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

isnt domestic ricer called something like corn or something?
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Originally posted by ViciousVolpe
    isnt domestic ricer called something like corn or something?
    Corn-by is still a bit awkward though...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH