Just had a buddy on mine lost it at 90+ MPH
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just had a buddy on mine lost it at 90+ MPH within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys and gals, My buddy decided to leave the spot where we all kind of meet and race someone ...

Just had a buddy of mine lose it at 90+ MPH

Hey guys and gals,
    My buddy decided to leave the spot where we all kind of meet and race someone on the way out. He won the race but lost it to the right and overcorrected and went into a ditch and went end over end 4 times. He was thrown from the car(no seatbelt) and has a huge gash on the back on his head and probably a few broken bones. The reason I can type this story is that i actually wasnt there to see the accident. My best friend was right behind him when it all happened. Please pray for him. He is in the hospital right now. I think he is very lucky he is alive right now and i think someone looked down on him tonight and helped him. Sorry to leave you on a bad note. But, PLEASE be careful out there you all!!! PLEASE

RJ
    Last edited by eightballrj; 08-24-2003 at 08:49 AM.
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What a frightening experience. I hope he's on to a swift and full recovery.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Street racing and not wearing a seatbelt...did he have some kind of deathwish or what?
    2003 SRT-4

So sad I hope he recovers quickly.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

he lucky to not have been killed. 90+ miles an hour and thrown from the car?! i mean seriously thats one lucky guy. anyways, i hope he makes a quick recovery.

All the luck in the world to him on a fast recovery. This is yet another reason why people really shouldn't be racing on the roads, alot of us do it but then we get a glimps of reality. Sad stories like this happen all the time. No body expects it to happen to them, but obviously it can happen to the best of us. I don't believe in anything so I can't prey for your friend but he will be in my thoughts. Gonna drive like grandma for a while after this.

have to say it..........but he shoulda known how dangerous street racing is, but doesn't wear a seat belt? sorry to say, but that's just stupid

beside that, i wouldn't wanna see anyone get hurt, hope he'll be back up soon
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

My best wishes on a speedy recovery, and my hopes that this will be his wake-up call.

what was he driving??

that sucks hope he gets better
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. To explain the seatbelt thing.... His uncle or close family member burned to death in a car because he couldnt get out of his seatbelt. I, myself am a seatbelt fanatic, buckle up or dont ride. So, i think he was stupid in that aspect. I think all of us know the risk factor invovled in street racing, some of us just take it for granted. From now on, all except little races will be on the track for me. I hope I can keep this in my head so I dont. But, that doesnt mean I am going to stop modding my car. My best friend that saw it all happen told me that he might be putting his truck back to stock after seeing that!!!

Thanks again for your thoughts and or prayers,
    Richard Jackson
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

WRX
    My prayers go out to him, his family, and of course friends. I know what it's like to lose a very close friend, having just lost my best friend myself.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Sad story, but i dont understand the seatbelt thing. I think its so STUPID that people dont wear them because of something that happend to someone they know. Is it just me, or is it VERY easy to just push the release button on the seatbelt if you crash and your stuck? I mean, its not like the seatbelt gets jammed or anything, just hit the button. But hope he recovers soon...
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

I TOTALLY agree about the seatbelt thing but thats just the way he is. Some people are just stubborn as hell, ya know. They think that its going to happen to them whe its like a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of it happening to him.

RJ

yea but stuff like that can be VERY traumatizing(sp?) for some people. but still, the chances of your seat belt ever doing something like that is WAY smaller than your chances(probably like 95%) of bein thrown out of a vehicle if you dont have it on when you crash.

Let's not drill the seatbelt thing too hard right now, we've covered that.

I wish him a speedy recovery, and hope he learns from this
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.