Just had a buddy on mine lost it at 90+ MPH - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just had a buddy on mine lost it at 90+ MPH within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Best wishes to him...

Best wishes to him
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

God bless him and his loved ones
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I am sorry for him. I wish him the very best recovery.

And for others that may be afraid of fire and ease of escape. Put your seat belt on, and run a 5 pound bottle of Halon if it is just to the engine compartment. Or run a small bottle of ColdFire to the drivers compartment. When you start running these engines like we do, things may happen, and fires are common. A tad extra safety does not hurt.

It's amazing he's even alive! Why would we race without a seatbelt on though And was the road straight they raced on or did it have some turns in it?

I hope he'll be ok. Prayers goes out to him, his family, his loved ones and his friends.

-soul

Oh,
    I wanted to update you guys with new info on my friend. He WAS wearing his seatbelt. 1987 300zx turbo's seatbelt got dry rotted and broke when he crashed. He is in stable condition. The swelling in his brain has started to recede. He did sustain minor brain damage. He can't hold in acute emotion sometimes. But, believe it or not, he had NO broken bones. His car landed on his ankle after he was thrown. I dont know how this didnt break his leg but God only knows. I told him that a bunch of guys on my forum were pulling for him and he was appreciative of that. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers; even though he isnt out of the woods yet.

Richard
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

Thanks for the update.
    We wish him the best.
    I guess that explains why SFI makes us renew our seat belts every three years.

Hope your friend has a speedy and full recovery...that's some scary ****.....

Glad to hear that it sounds though he will be OK at the end. I have to say, this is what happens when you street race. Play with fire, ...

My last real stupid street move was years ago when I was racing a then new cougar v6 with some gay **** on it. Driver lost control, flipped the car a few times, both driver and passanger stayed in the hospital for close to a week. All for what a cheap bet, or a stupid stunt, so not worth it. I know I felt guilty, I was driving a car w/5 passangers well into the triple digits on a winding country road, how irresponsible of me. I guess you live and learn. You know if he died, they could've charged the other driver w/2nd degree murder or something to that effect, also something to keep in mind.
    Ahmet

Wish him a fast recovery.
    All our support.
    Your signature sucks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.