Ran a Modded Pontiac GTP and Prelude.

This is a discussion on Ran a Modded Pontiac GTP and Prelude. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well it all started w/ me just cruising along, then out of nowhere this Prelude w/ AEM stickers and no ...

Ran a Modded Pontiac GTP and Prelude.

Well it all started w/ me just cruising along, then out of nowhere this Prelude w/ AEM stickers and no muffler came flying by me and caught the light in front of me. I also cought the light, he was to my left so I couldnt see who was beside him. Anyway, 2 guys looked over in the Prelude and the driver said, "yep I know who is gonna win this race" I thought that was kinda funny. So when the light turned green I launched it pretty good out of the hole and ran it through 2nd and shut down not wanting to go too fast. When I was looking in my rearview I also saw a black car in front of the Prelude wondering what it was that also beat the Prelude. We pulled along side each other and it was a Pontiac GTP (2 doors). He said he didnt see me over there and thought he was only racing the Prelude. Anyway, he asks me what I run and I tell him low 13's he said he ran a best of 13.6. I am assuming he had intake, pulley, and whatever else you need to make it run mid 13's. However, it was a clean looking car w/ tasteful wheels and it wasnt even loud. Very nice sleeper.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    there are a couple GTPs up here in Sac who run...they have basic blower mods and exhaust and run low 13s!! Thats pretty good for a family car imo.
    2003 SRT-4

nice kills

there are a couple GTPs up here in Sac who run...they have basic blower mods and exhaust and run low 13s!! Thats pretty good for a family car imo.
    13s is actually the norm for those cars now, well when they are modded of course...there are maybe 20-30 people running 11s, and one that just recently ran 10.6@128. I still trying to sell my GP..runs pretty consistent times for 7-8 laps, and then the heat soak kicks in and the car is done.
    Stock or something close to it.....