Ran a Modded Pontiac GTP and Prelude.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ran a Modded Pontiac GTP and Prelude. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well it all started w/ me just cruising along, then out of nowhere this Prelude w/ AEM stickers and no ...

Ran a Modded Pontiac GTP and Prelude.

Well it all started w/ me just cruising along, then out of nowhere this Prelude w/ AEM stickers and no muffler came flying by me and caught the light in front of me. I also cought the light, he was to my left so I couldnt see who was beside him. Anyway, 2 guys looked over in the Prelude and the driver said, "yep I know who is gonna win this race" I thought that was kinda funny. So when the light turned green I launched it pretty good out of the hole and ran it through 2nd and shut down not wanting to go too fast. When I was looking in my rearview I also saw a black car in front of the Prelude wondering what it was that also beat the Prelude. We pulled along side each other and it was a Pontiac GTP (2 doors). He said he didnt see me over there and thought he was only racing the Prelude. Anyway, he asks me what I run and I tell him low 13's he said he ran a best of 13.6. I am assuming he had intake, pulley, and whatever else you need to make it run mid 13's. However, it was a clean looking car w/ tasteful wheels and it wasnt even loud. Very nice sleeper.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    there are a couple GTPs up here in Sac who run...they have basic blower mods and exhaust and run low 13s!! Thats pretty good for a family car imo.
    2003 SRT-4

nice kills

there are a couple GTPs up here in Sac who run...they have basic blower mods and exhaust and run low 13s!! Thats pretty good for a family car imo.
    13s is actually the norm for those cars now, well when they are modded of course...there are maybe 20-30 people running 11s, and one that just recently ran 10.6@128. I still trying to sell my GP..runs pretty consistent times for 7-8 laps, and then the heat soak kicks in and the car is done.
    Stock or something close to it.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.