Closest race yet!! LONG
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Closest race yet!! LONG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was awesome! I saw a beautiful red w/black stripes 69 camaro SS way up ahead in some light traffic. ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Closest race yet!! LONG

It was awesome! I saw a beautiful red w/black stripes 69 camaro SS way up ahead in some light traffic. When I came around the bend, he was stopped at a redlight facing this huge straightaway where I always find runs. There was already a car in the lane next to him so I just got right behind him. When the light turned green, he took off a little hard, nothing major, and I gave it just enough gas to stay on his bumper...so he gave it a little more, and I had to push it down a little more also...then he hit it! I saw the carbon come pouring out his tailpipes and I gunned it too...we were going from 45 or so to about 85 with me gaining just slightly, and trying to pass him in the other lane when I had to shut down cause of a car up ahead the lane. I got back in behind him and when we passed that car there was nothing but open space ahead...Right when he passed the car he gunned it and I had to play catch up, which I did, passing him HARD at about 130!!! I had already missed my turn so I decided to quit playing and take the next one so I could double back. I put my blinker on and so did he...guess he wanted more! I went into the turn slowly, and when we both straightened out he pulled up alongside and said, lets go!! We both took off and I barely pulled on him...maybe a 1/2 car from 25-75 when the next light turned yellow. We caught it, but I was turning, so I knew the day was done. I gave him a peace sign, and he just said "Thats a FASSSSTTT pony!! Whats it got?" I said "just a 281 with a blower, what about you?"

"Built 350, 4 and a quarter horse. I've never lost out here." I told him I hadnt either...and still hadnt But that there are some fast cars lurking around! He again told me I had a really fast mustang and I said his Chevy wasnt too shabby either. It was a great time!

oh yea, and then we both talked about wrx's for a while. lol, jk, had to bring them up somewhere in this post.
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice raced!! So what about the wrx?
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Originally posted by sk1CL-S
    Nice raced!! So what about the wrx?
    umm....well, still dont have one.
    2003 SRT-4

whatever....

were you bored at the mustang forums or what?

ravi: get a life

Raccoon: great job! Sounds like alot of fun. Did you catch my post about a run-in with an early 70's Impala last night?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by ravi
    whatever....

were you bored at the mustang forums or what?

back to your hole, noob!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    back to your hole, noob!!

thats where i prefer to race from

F.O.R.D = FIX OR REPAIR DAILY!

Originally posted by ravi
    thats where i prefer to race from

F.O.R.D = FIX OR REPAIR DAILY!
    That's pretty clever. Im glad middle school starts here again soon so you wont have time between Pre-Algebra and Social Studies homework to get online anymore.
    2003 SRT-4

Date Registered: 07-05-2003
    Total Posts: 8 (0.16 posts per day)
    Last Post: 08-23-2003 07:11 PM
    Closest race yet!! LONG

Thats pretty sick... nice race man. Think someone will get ya sooner or later?
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

There's ALWAYS somebody faster; even John Force gets beat now and again.

Originally posted by STIwish
    Thats pretty sick... nice race man. Think someone will get ya sooner or later?
    Oh for sure, a nicely modded LS1 would have no trouble, hell, a stock z06 or viper would blow my doors. The thing that sucks right now is I have more mods sitting in my closet that will add tons of HP, but until I pick up a beater, I cant afford to risk damaging this car by modding it anymore.
    2003 SRT-4

Oh for sure, a nicely modded LS1 would have no trouble, hell, a stock z06 or viper would blow my doors. The thing that sucks right now is I have more mods sitting in my closet that will add tons of HP, but until I pick up a beater, I cant afford to risk damaging this car by modding it anymore.
    Smart decision. I modded my LS1 z28 to the point I couldn't drive it to work anymore. (stage 2 heads, cam, high stall converter, gears, etc, etc, you get the idea. Well, I could drive it to work but it didn't do the job very well. I also had to rebuild the tranny twice in about 3 months. The car ended up spending more time at the performance shop than it did on the street. That doesn' t make for a very good daily driver.

That's pretty clever. Im glad middle school starts here again soon so you wont have time between Pre-Algebra and Social Studies homework to get online anymore.
    LOLOLOLOL!

I ran into a kid here in my tiny little town that has a 2002 GT with a 150 shot, and 460hp "or around there" as he says NA power. Runs low 7's in the 1/8, I didn't ask if that was on the giggle gas or not. I suspect he has some traction issues tho. Real sleeper, only one sticker for the club he runs with, exhaust looks stock, and he's hidden the guages(sp?) well. He was the individual puttin the oil in my car, otherwise I'd have begged him to give me a ride. He did sau that he liked the wagon, and he LOTS about turbos and WRX's. Good to know yer prey I guess.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by brembo
    LOLOLOLOL!

I ran into a kid here in my tiny little town that has a 2002 GT with a 150 shot, and 460hp "or around there" as he says NA power. Runs low 7's in the 1/8, I didn't ask if that was on the giggle gas or not. I suspect he has some traction issues tho. Real sleeper, only one sticker for the club he runs with, exhaust looks stock, and he's hidden the guages(sp?) well. He was the individual puttin the oil in my car, otherwise I'd have begged him to give me a ride. He did sau that he liked the wagon, and he LOTS about turbos and WRX's. Good to know yer prey I guess.
    cool...I like sleepers...there's a guy around here, and on my site, who has the stockest looking GT you've ever seen. Nothing about the exterior looks the slightest bit different other than the Drag radials out back. He has 3.73 gears, pulleys, flowmasters, and a 150 shot...runs low 12s! And whats funnier, he NEVER washes his car. Its covered with dirt all the time.
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.