Cool/crappy night

This is a discussion on Cool/crappy night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight, a friend and I were going to go "hunting" (since everything we've seen here stands no chance, it isn't ...

Cool/crappy night

Tonight, a friend and I were going to go "hunting" (since everything we've seen here stands no chance, it isn't really racing)...but I didn't find him. I found his car but not him.

Well, I DID get found by 2 guys who race here, and invited to go with them, so I took them up on it. The thing is, the one with the engine swapped and turbocharged Civic couldn't show up.

I meet the guys and we go way off out of town. EXCELLENT spot. One guy even has a portable tree and the like. Out with those guys, I was going to have opportunity to run a Mustang GT, maybe a few Camaros, a newish Celica (mildly quick at best) and a Celica (older) that seemed to be pretty fast. Of course, two guys line up and take off (Mustang GT and fast Celica)...couldn't see who won. Then, it started to rain. And it started raining harder...so racing got called off.

At least I dusted a truck earlier...Chevy pickup with exhaust and all. I know, lame to pick on him but he kept revving up but not taking off since a car ahead was blocking my lane. As soon as the car was clear, I popped down a few gears and we both hit it. Not anywhere NEAR a close race...he got owned. So at the light I blasted through, he made a left turn.

Oh well...good fight, good night, I guess.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Cool/crappy night

Originally posted by renichms
    One guy even has a portable tree and the like.
    Now that is going out, prepared.

When it started raining you should have said, "I'll challenge anyone for pinkslips!".

Originally posted by Speedstars
    When it started raining you should have said, "I'll challenge anyone for pinkslips!".
    And if I showed up with a snowmobile prepped for the dragstrip, I coulda walked away with his title!

That's pretty cool about the portable tree. I guess it really is an isolated spot then!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Speedstars
    Haha, that's what I was hoping to read next...

you gotta always take advantage of the rain
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

No one wanted to run in the rain. When it started raining, one guy asked if "that thing" had AWD. I said yes and so he left it at that.

If it doesn't rain tonight, I may get to run some. I also want to see who'd be willing to make 2 runs with me to get camera from both cars and then maybe let me ride with people to tape some of it when my car isn't even running...that'd be cool. And I think the Civic can show tonight.

The road was pretty isolated. Newly paved but way off. I'll have them go a little further down the road to be absolutely safe. We saw headlights more than a half mile but less than a mile away so it's not isolated enough. And I think their stuff is cool...measure off the distance, set up equipment...really cool.

RN
    Last edited by renichms; 08-23-2003 at 11:10 AM.

The guys left before I ever found them. And when I was stopped at a lot talking to some guys, the cop hanging out there said something about how I needed to turn the car around so the plate faced the wall and should turn off the lights because he'd just gotten a call about ME. He wasn't going to do anything about it but apparently some wise-ass told the police I had been off speeding like crazy through a neighborhood, when I had been hanging out in the one spot for a while and never do speed through neighborhoods...I mean...people LIVE there, not good idea. Liars make me mad.

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    The guys left before I ever found them. And when I was stopped at a lot talking to some guys, the cop hanging out there said something about how I needed to turn the car around so the plate faced the wall and should turn off the lights because he'd just gotten a call about ME. He wasn't going to do anything about it but apparently some wise-ass told the police I had been off speeding like crazy through a neighborhood, when I had been hanging out in the one spot for a while and never do speed through neighborhoods...I mean...people LIVE there, not good idea. Liars make me mad.

RN
    That sucks.

Cool cop tho.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car