CONFIRMED: RX-8 overated ..mazda offering credit - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: RX-8 overated ..mazda offering credit within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you want a more efficient powertrain then dont get an AWD car, it sucks up the fun...

you want a more efficient powertrain then dont get an AWD car, it sucks up the fun

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by djoye
    Has anyone dyno'd a WRX with 93 octane fuel? We have 93 all over TN. I was actually putting 91 in not knowing we had 93, when I went to 93 I noticed a nice difference.

Someone published a letter from SOA where they clearly stated that the 300 HP only happens with 93 octane. In my driving anywhere between here and Wyoming, 93 octane gas is a very rare thing. For all intents and purposes an STi won't make 300 HP in most of the Western US.

Still, I'm a bit peaved about the WRX HP ratings, 227HP and then 160HP at the wheels? Oh come on, my 1998 MAZDA 626 was rated 125HP/127tq, I dyno'd it and it came to 107HP/117tq and that was on 89 octane; it even made 109HP/119tq (but no print out), heh.

WRX = +50HP loss? I think I deserve reparations like a more efficient powertrain!

Ike
    Originally posted by hatebobbarker
    you want a more efficient powertrain then dont get an AWD car, it sucks up the fun
    The AWD is the largest part of the fun...

oh i know

I think the whole RX-8 thing is pointless. People saw the 1/4 mile, 0-60, skidpad, and track times or whatever else magazines did and decided to buy it with that in mind. I don't think they said oh this car has 260 hp so I will buy it. I mean who just buys a car only looking at HP (ok some people do). But really if a car had 100 hp and could do 0-60 in 4 seconds and a skidpad rating of 1g, then I wouldn't care what the HP was. When I bought my WRX I saw 227, ok thats a nice number, doesn't mean **** though. I looked at all the other real performance numbers, and also how it felt when I drove it. I think most people who buy the RX-8 did the same thing, and really its so new that not many are out there so mazda won't loose much. I hope mazda keeps making rotory engines as its nice to have other technologies out there, and hopefully we will see another turbo version

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

i think the wrx performs faster then a 227hp car of its weight should.

Originally posted by KanosWRX
    I think the whole RX-8 thing is pointless. People saw the 1/4 mile, 0-60, skidpad, and track times or whatever else magazines did and decided to buy it with that in mind. I don't think they said oh this car has 260 hp so I will buy it. I mean who just buys a car only looking at HP (ok some people do). But really if a car had 100 hp and could do 0-60 in 4 seconds and a skidpad rating of 1g, then I wouldn't care what the HP was. When I bought my WRX I saw 227, ok thats a nice number, doesn't mean **** though. I looked at all the other real performance numbers, and also how it felt when I drove it. I think most people who buy the RX-8 did the same thing, and really its so new that not many are out there so mazda won't loose much. I hope mazda keeps making rotory engines as its nice to have other technologies out there, and hopefully we will see another turbo version

One flaw with your logic

Nobody can reproduce the mag times of 0 to 60 at 5.9 seconds. Car and Driver got it with a 8000 RPM clutch drop...wtf??!?!? either car and driver got a ringer or they raced downhill.

Rx-8 == slow misrepresented piece of ****,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.