CONFIRMED: RX-8 overated ..mazda offering credit - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: RX-8 overated ..mazda offering credit within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WOW....

WOW.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea, and what's Dodge going to do for us SRT owners? They obviously lied about our HP too!
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Yeah srt-4 owners owe dodge 500 dollars and 4 year of service.

I'm bettin' the dodge won't last 4 years.

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    The RX-8 is still and awesome car. The RX-8 turbo will be even better. Why can't Mazda meet projected HP levels? I don't get it.

Somebody needs to start coughing up links about this "new" RX-7. I have heard nothing about it!

-Jim
    The RX-7 is purely speculation, however depending on sales of the 8 it seems rather likely that mazda would release their flagship sports car with their new rotary.

What RX-8 turbo are you talking about? There is nothing but speculation to the FI of the renesis right now.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

From what I read they will never be able to make a Turbo'd rotary car emissions legal in the US, but you never know......
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

The thing is people think it's more than 9, they think that the nine is puttin mazda in the acceptable 5% error margin.

The RX-7 was a rotary turbo that was US street legal...
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

Originally posted by TurbeauxREX
    I'm bettin' the dodge won't last 4 years.
    I second (millionth) that
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    From what I read they will never be able to make a Turbo'd rotary car emissions legal in the US, but you never know......
    that's one of the BIGGEST complaints about rx-7's...
    the rotary engine STUNK...and go figure, once they 'break', the owner must buy a new one
    owners had sooo many warranty issues with that
    poor car...it was NICE too!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Haven't people mentioned how they think the HP on the WRX is overrated? Hm..
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Having owned an 87 RX-7 tubo, I always liked the rotary.
    I had full racing beat exhaust, MBC and some intake porting work.
    If driven properly, it was awesome...just the rest of the car in that body style was far too heavy. I spun mine out on 3 seperate occasions since in any strange situation(off camber corner) the RX-7 liked to turn around and go backwards.
    It damn near scared the sh&t out of me last time it happened and I traded it in a couple weeks later.

I like the new RX-8 as well, but would not go for another rotary unless it was a 3 rotor engine or turbo charged(or both;-)
    The Rotaries were easy to rebuild (3 moving parts) as well.

I am up here in WI this week and rented a mazda 6
    We have nothing to worry about from this car!
    I do like the auto/manual transmission and the cavernous trunk space, but as for performance..naaah, I'll stick with the rex.
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

Ike
    Originally posted by swipe112
    Pardon me for being naiive...but I don't really understand what the big deal is here. It's not like they were off by 20 hp. We're talking about a measly 2-8 hp here. Does being 2 hp off in your calculation qualify you for false advertising? C'mon....drivetrain losses differ so much from car to car so crank hp never should be a deciding factor for performance anyways....and its not like car manufacturers are always right on the dot. That's why I always look at actual performance figures when buying a car, not the advertised hp.

Personally, I really think that our WRX's are overrated as well in the hp department. From what I've seen, it seems that the WRX drivetrain loss is larger than the EVO and the STi. I realize this could mean that the EVO & STi are UNDERrated, but I find it funny how their drivetrain losses are so similar. Another idea supporting this is how the Euro WRX performs so similar to the US Spec despite being down 10 hp.

Eitherway, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. 2 hp? Geez....get some new spark plugs.

The car is dynoing at 170-180 hp, unless there is something really screwy with the tranny 225-230 would seem more likely than 238.

Ike

mazdaspeed is going over the feasability of a supercharger

shhhh

...hmm...and exactly how much power does an STi make running on 91 octane? Was it reasonable for Subaru to rate it at 300 ONLY when using 93 octane gas, which you can't buy in much of these united states? Should those STi owners who are only getting 285 HP demand their money back?

Has anyone dyno'd a WRX with 93 octane fuel? We have 93 all over TN. I was actually putting 91 in not knowing we had 93, when I went to 93 I noticed a nice difference.

Still, I'm a bit peaved about the WRX HP ratings, 227HP and then 160HP at the wheels? Oh come on, my 1998 MAZDA 626 was rated 125HP/127tq, I dyno'd it and it came to 107HP/117tq and that was on 89 octane; it even made 109HP/119tq (but no print out), heh.

WRX = +50HP loss? I think I deserve reparations like a more efficient powertrain!
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.