'03 WRX vs. '01 Eclipse GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '03 WRX vs. '01 Eclipse GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone. I have a friend who has a stock '01 Eclipse GT and I believe it has a 200hp ...

'03 WRX vs. '01 Eclipse GT

Hey everyone. I have a friend who has a stock '01 Eclipse GT and I believe it has a 200hp V6 with 205tq in it with FWD. I have a stock '03 WRX . Last night we were on our way to a friends house and were feeling a lil' wild so we decided to go from one of the lights...The thing is that I am still learning how to launch the right way but last night I did it wayy wrong...I bogged big time...but I was still able to stay ahead, his front bumper was about 4 ft from my rear one with my bad launch...he only wanted to race to 60mph and I beat him there just getting into third gear. We are going to go again from a light for real...or maybe on the track but Once I learn to launch the right way I should be beating him by a few of car lengths correct? Anyone ever raced a stock one eclipse gt? How did it go? Thanks!!
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Murdered it.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

Stock?

were you stock? It felt coming up on 60mph, it felt like I was gaining on him but then he stoped. We need to go from a real light...im pretty sure I will leave him behind...when we started he was behind me and I was pullin quickly away...we are going again possibly tonight. Ill tell how it goes...
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

I personally l was never and will not be a fan of the new Eclipse. They look ugly and fat compare to the previous gen. Its almost like the RX7 to RX8 deal.

Good Kill BTW. Get that launch down and bring a vid!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by AsianWRX
    I personally l was never and will not be a fan of the new Eclipse. They look ugly and fat compare to the previous gen.
    Me neither! They look too effeminate and mainstream, compared to 1st and 2nd gens. They also eliminated one of the main buying points of the car (for a guy like me, that is), which is the potential for cheap power upgrades. (no turbo model from the factory...)

I'd be interested in seeing the demographics of the average 1st and 2nd gen Eclipse buyer compared with that of the 3rd gen.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

They are good for low 15s in the 1/4 mile.

I raced one a few weeks ago from a dig and absolutely murded it...had multiple lengths on him up to about 90mph. It would have been worse if we had gone from a roll too.

You should take him fairly easily with a decent launch.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Everyone knows the WRX is much faster than an Eclipse......but the Eclipse isn't that bad of a car. Lol....I own one now, instead of the WRX I was hoping of getting.......and I like it. It doesn't have as much potential as the 1st and 2nd generation ones did......but it's still a fun car. I agree with everyone though that it is too heavy for it's size.....and the suspension isn't quite what it should be from the factory. But hey, whatcha gonna do. Learn how to launch though buddy, and destroy an Eclipse, u'll enjoy it.
    Too bad I couldn't afford a WRX, but life goes on........hopefully......

i do know the 2nd gen eclipse sold to women more then men and the 3rd gen is split pretty even.

but that is new cars, im sure alot more men have picked up 2nd gen eclipse used.

btw you should destroy it no matter waht, i useto walk all over GT eclipses in my rsxS and could never hang with a wrx, and now i dont even consider them worth my time.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by hatebobbarker
    btw you should destroy it no matter waht,
    Even from a roll, stock for stock? I mean, it's still 200 hp (V6), and they don't have our drivetrain losses. I'd think they could put up a fight after the launch. No?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Even from a roll, stock for stock? I mean, it's still 200 hp (V6), and they don't have our drivetrain losses. I'd think they could put up a fight after the launch. No?
    I don't know, depends on who you talk to I guess.

On this site, stock WRX's have no problem's with stock RSX-S's from a roll..and I can guarantee you that RSX-S's are faster from a roll vs. an Eclipse GT (weight, gearing, etc...)

BTW, this isn't a knock on this site. I don't think a stock RSX-S can beat a stock WRX from a roll either. But ClubRSX will tell you otherwise. Just a point I wanted to make.

now RSXS can beat wrx, but they are far from stock.
    the reality is until 85mph and rsx cant handle a wrx my best friend has one, he proudly proved it again and again, beating him in my g35 was perhaps the best part of getting a new car, now ehs finally modifying it, i just need to be twin turbo before he gets a turbo upgrade.
    now its a money race for me to stay ahead.

now RSXS can beat wrx, but they are far from stock.
    the reality is until 85mph and rsx cant handle a wrx my best friend has one, he proudly proved it again and again, beating him in my g35 was perhaps the best part of getting a new car, now ehs finally modifying it, i just need to be twin turbo before he gets a turbo upgrade.
    I agreed with you on that note man...

Anyway, just out of curiosity, would you consider me to be "far from stock?"

I Support ClubWRX
    i just need to be twin turbo before he gets a turbo upgrade.
    Who makes a twin turbo setup for the G35? You're not really going to be able to push that much boost on an engine designed for normal aspiration anyway, right? Unless you're going to tear the engine down and set it up for lower compression, etc..

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course! Don't get me wrong, I think the G35 is a sweet vehicle, it's just not currently regarded as a platform for wild modification.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

i do know hondata makes a huge difference

thats why i got the G35
    as far as my car and turbo, the Power enterprise turbo kit for the 350z is almost completed, i will most likely be buying that, irhgt now im begging to prototype it for the G35, cause who wants to pay for something they can get for free, production will probably be around 400hp. theyve already pulled that off, greddy ran low 12s in their 370hp TT Z.
    and i will overhaul the internals. HKS has a full range of parts for turbo VQ35s in japan.
    right now i just have the Technosquare ECU and downpipes they fabricated that im just borrowing until the ones i ordered from Mines come in.

The 3g Eclipses suck. They ruined it when they got rid of the 4g63 and the turbo.
    My Ride:
    99 Eclipse GS-T
    Mods: Yes
    277 hp / 285 tq.

Other Ride:
    Sonic Yellow 03 WRX Wagon

Ive also dirven an 04 STi

Friends dont let friends drive NA.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.