Another SUPER KILL @ the Sactown illegals
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another SUPER KILL @ the Sactown illegals within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I guess that my car is getting quite the rep here in Sac. Tonight at the Illegals, there was ...

Another SUPER KILL @ the Sactown illegals

Well, I guess that my car is getting quite the rep here in Sac.

Tonight at the Illegals, there was a Dyno tuned 400HP+100 shot of NO2 auto Twin Turbo Supra that was mopping up everyone...about 100 or so cars in attendance.

This fool calls me out. Once again...I am sweating bullets...thinking that I am going to get my ass smacked.

We lined up. I knew that I was going to get the jump off of the line. This guy had been pulling off his victories by SCREAMING by his competetion about 1/2 way down the track as he purged his NO2. This Supra was a freaking highway machine. Big ass FMIC...Bomex body kit...TE37's...tons of money into this monster.

Well...I must have gotten a 4 car jump on him off the line...went through 3rd gear and into 4th and I had a 2+ car lead on him when I shut her down.

I was happy...then I realized that Sactown is a bunch of ****ing crybabies...pardon my French. This guy was crying...saying that I shut down too early. "What the Hell?" was what I was thinking.

I ran him again...it must have been about a half mile the second time. He was pouring it on and gaining fast...but damn...I thought that we were racing 1/4 mile...not the full monty...top it out ****!!? I shut down at the top of 4th gear...which is about 130MPH or so. I know that my wrx is not a highway machine...I could have told anybody that.

Anyways...when we shut down...I still commanded about a 1 car lead on him. Had I shifted to 5th...he would have stung me like a cracked out yellow jacket. This would have been no suprise to me.

I still can't see why anybody would dump so much cash into an auto. This Supra would be a freaking Wan Gan Sen Monster in Japan...a REAL HIGHWAY MONSTER. Tons of top end.

Anyways...he gave me a thumbs up and conceded defeat.

Another notch in the e-brake lever for my mighty WRX.

Andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice job, Andy.

I didn't get to mix it up with anybody in a street race yet and with Atco Raceway so close to my house, I probably never will. Like you said, are we racing the 1/4 or full monty. At the track, this is never a question.

-Jim

Andy,

You're becoming the TFATF member of ClubWRX.net!

So when he let loose the N2O did his car suddenly go so fast that the background got all blurry, like he hit warp speed? Did that second race last like 10 minutes?

I'm lovin' your illegal race stories! Please try to include memorable quotes like, "You granny-shiftin', non double-clutchin'..." "Whether it's a mile or a few inches, a win is a win." "I live my life a quarter mile at a time." I'm sure real life smack is better than the canned Hollywood stuff.

Eagerly awaiting more!

[edited for grammar]
    Last edited by bedabi; 03-31-2002 at 06:42 PM.

Dude, that was a funny post man!

Actually, when this dude got on the NOS (Actually NO2, but for TFATF sake, we will refer to it as NOS!) his car really did start hauling but. No smoke trail, or blurry screen though.

I will tell you what. This guy had me checking out Ebay motors last night...dreaming of owning a TT Supra, with a 6 speed of coarse. The motor in that car was amazing. Too bad it was mated to a auto tranny. What a waste. Had this dude had a six off the line, he would have been running low 11's...at least.

I just enjoy running her down the illegals to give us a good name with the youth. I enjoy it when these kids think that a wrx is like the almighty and stuff.

I only live about 15 minutes from Sacramento Raceway (One of only 4 or 5 1/4 mile tracks in CA, but I have heard rumors that there is a slight incline slope on that track. My buddy ran his Vishnu stage 0 there and the best that he could do was a 14.1. Therefore, I am reluctant to run there. I want to be the first stock ECU into the 12s...in America. I am probably going to run her down the Sears Point quarter when I run her legally.

Lloyds of London would not be too happy with me right now. As a Navy man, I tend to refer to my car as "Her" and "She". Last week Lloyds of London said that they would no longer refer to vessels as "Her" and "She", but as "it" from now on! How boring!

Peace guys,

Andy

kill

great kill!!!!
    let the a$$ kicking begin!

Maybe that was my mistake before. I ran a 850whp Supra. I should have looked for something less mighty. Good start and all wouldn't save you from the beast I ran last year. Then again he wasn't wasting time with some TE37's he was spending his money on a set of street slicks. Good job with the Supra.

He had 18x9.5's in the ass end.

What killed him off the line was a TREMENDOUS amount of Turbo lag on that Auto. Had he been able to preform a 5-6k clutch dump, there would have been no issue. Freaking 2JZ's are so powerful. That is one of my 2 dream rides...that or a BNR32 Skyline.

A TT I6 is my most desirable power plant. To hell with V6's and V8's...I love the TT I6.

Man...once those turbo's were a spoolin, and then with the NO2...that car was so damn fast. Another 200 feet and I would have been mimicking Ja Rule from TFATF..."Noooo....Monica!!!"

Andy

Good kill. Did the supra Brake Boost?

good kill i give you props well im just curious what do you have done to your car?

My mods are in a post in this thread:

my mods thread

I've been on this board for months now but I finally decided to join. I love your cars even though I don't have one. Anyways, what did that supra look like? I live about 3 minutes away from Sac Raceway. I've seen this blue supra with balck rims that is absolutely beautiful. Good kill by the way and Hi to everybody else.

BTW where do you guys race at? It would be stupid to tell me out right here but you could call me at work to tell me. I work at Kinkos at Arden. The number is 649-2900. Thanks. My car's too slow so I wouldn't mind watching.

Originally posted by SACTOWNREXMAN
    Dude, that was a funny post man!

Actually, when this dude got on the NOS (Actually NO2, but for TFATF sake, we will refer to it as NOS!) his car really did start hauling but. No smoke trail, or blurry screen though.
    Did his floor pan start disentegrating?! That's the reason I don't run NOS - that'd be some scary $hit.

pbui3057,

That has got to be the one. It was dark...and this supra was a dark color. Dark, awesome looking Volk TE37's.

I would be willing to bet that it is the same car.

BTW. How am I supposed to call you at work if you do not leave your name?

Drop me an e-mail man

e-mail me

Peace...+ man, it is not like it is a big secret. The cops out here just run us off. I have yet to see them cite anybody! I believe that is so cool. The circumstances would be different if we lived in The South Bay. Where they block off the road and cite everybody!

Peace,
    Andy

Frist off good kill.

Second... the fastest street supras are USUALLY the automatics.

a good stall converter and a performance transmission rebuild and those things can actually launch.

They are not the highway monsters that the 6 speeds are, but they will win in the 1/4 mile.

As far as turbo lag... if the guy was running N2O my question is "what turbo lag?" You would be suprised how fast a 100 shot can spool even the largest of turbos.

This is one of the major benifits of N2O on a turbo car... its like instant boost.
    -Nathan
    12.3@110.4
    When in doubt, add more boost!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.