What's with the ricers?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's with the ricers? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My PT is out on the street since it can't get into the driveway at this house. Ricers see it ...

What's with the ricers?

My PT is out on the street since it can't get into the driveway at this house. Ricers see it and go by and rev up ALL the time. They see the STi parked at the top of the hill (king of the hill!) and rev like crazy. In fact, it's getting quite irritating.

However, the most irritating part is when I go driving. I'll get out in the STi and be driving somewhere or just driving around...a ricer turning off my road or going the other way will rev up at me. I turn their way and they run away...like turn off and park. In fact, the Papa John's pizza delivery rice revved up at me and turned off, so when I turned after him, he turned into the Domino's lot.

These ricers try and bring me out and when they succeed, they **** their pants and run away. What's the deal? I've had ONE person willing to actually race after revving at me and that was a really nice guy in a Mustang. Do the ricers have no balls? Why do they rev if they intend to run away when a "challenge" is met?

I know...I shouldn't pick on them but come on...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's why they're ricers. They're all show, or sound in this case, and no go. They do it to me too.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    That's why they're ricers. They're all show, or sound in this case, and no go. They do it to me too.
    They better stop though 'cause I have morning classes and if they keep waking me up at 2 AM, it's not gonna be pretty since there's no way they can possibly escape an STi. I keep thinking of solutions then realizing most are stupid...oh well. Guess I'll settle for making them look stupid on weekends.

RN

Man, I here ya. My bro and I are always lauging at these ricers trying to race my parked car. BAKA! People these days will try to race anything.
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

the rev is there way of saying [HEY fellow import enthusiast.] then the hide and park is there way of saying, [i was just saying hey, i know you would kill me.]

and why did you have to say something about papajohns, damn its 1am and im fuge-in hungry now.
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Sometimes all it could mean is that they just want to see how fast you can go. And sometimes the only way to do that is to start something by revving on you. I know if I see a ferrari or whatnot, I'll get smoked, but it would be fun to see how fast one of them is in person I'm not defending the ricers here, just giving you a possible reason why they do what they do. Also, driving an sti, just like an srt-4, you attract attention and will always get people to rev on you and start stuff. One of the reasons why I didn't get the srt-4 in the first place.

But your parked sti got me thinking of that celica action package commercial where the cop yells at the celica "Hey! Slow down! We're in a neighborhood here!"

i dont waste my time on sti's

-mike

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Sometimes all it could mean is that they just want to see how fast you can go. And sometimes the only way to do that is to start something by revving on you. I know if I see a ferrari or whatnot, I'll get smoked, but it would be fun to see how fast one of them is in person I'm not defending the ricers here, just giving you a possible reason why they do what they do. Also, driving an sti, just like an srt-4, you attract attention and will always get people to rev on you and start stuff. One of the reasons why I didn't get the srt-4 in the first place.

But your parked sti got me thinking of that celica action package commercial where the cop yells at the celica "Hey! Slow down! We're in a neighborhood here!"
    Did you type something? Sorry, I can only see your avatar

Originally posted by SpeedKills
    Did you type something? Sorry, I can only see your avatar
    Maybe you posted when I sent an edit post at around the same time

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Maybe you posted when I sent an edit post at around the same time
    lol, i think i know what he meant

boo

Originally posted by kingleh
    the rev is there way of saying [HEY fellow import enthusiast.] then the hide and park is there way of saying, [i was just saying hey, i know you would kill me.]

and why did you have to say something about papajohns, damn its 1am and im fuge-in hungry now.
    I think you are correct. but they're still idiots for not honking and waving instead.

You think YOU got it bad... Every time I'm about to race an import, it reminds me of the scene in 2F2F wjere Tyrese is in his little purple Eclipse CONVERTIBLE.. TOP DOWN! revin up with his little gay spooled up turbo whistles, then the guy in the Charger "Fonzi" starts revin up while the torque is twisting the frame side to side. Pure bliss. The best feeling is when you rev up on em and the guy actually comes to his sences and gives you the bowing down gesture. The KING of the road MUHAZ!
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

The worst is when the driver tries to rev on you in an AT transmission. He floors the car, but the torque convertor lags, and he has to let go, so the noise goes up late, and comes back down quick.

It's hard to describe it... But it makes me laugh each and everytime.

Originally posted by Henry
    The worst is when the driver tries to rev on you in an AT transmission. He floors the car, but the torque convertor lags, and he has to let go, so the noise goes up late, and comes back down quick.

It's hard to describe it... But it makes me laugh each and everytime.
    I know exactly how that goes...they can't rev so they gun it for a sec.

They might be saying "Hi!" but I'd prefer a wave or to talk to me at a light or when stopped. When not desperately needing to be somewhere, I'm usually willing to stop and talk...

As far as wanting to see it go fast...at least if I rev at a Lambo or something, I make it LOOK like I'm trying to run him, instead of parking to see if he'll run alone. More fun too...part of it all is sometimes LOSING a race too...for example, I lost every single race I was in at the drag strip in my PT...and I knew I would and loved it too. One day, I expect to run across a car that can walk all over my STi...just no time soon.

RN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.