What's with the ricers? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's with the ricers? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Henry The worst is when the driver tries to rev on you in an AT transmission. He ...

Originally posted by Henry
    The worst is when the driver tries to rev on you in an AT transmission. He floors the car, but the torque convertor lags, and he has to let go, so the noise goes up late, and comes back down quick.

It's hard to describe it... But it makes me laugh each and everytime.
    Speaking of ATs, I love it when one of the Rice boys wants to make it look like they have a MT so they put their car in neutral at the stoplights so that it rolls back I had a friend who did that, wasn't a ricer, but owned a rice mobile. He now owns the brother/cousin of my car, a 1972/3 Firebird Forumula 400, MmmMmm!
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just think when a guy driving a lambo or a ferrari, and we are like drooling over his car and he is thinking "wtf is that japanese thing, damn ricer." even tho its an sti or a supra
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

i like when they do teh flyby and i still catch up to them and pass them.
    or when they call me richboy
    oooh that hurts.

Originally posted by hatebobbarker
    i like when they do teh flyby and i still catch up to them and pass them.
    or when they call me richboy
    oooh that hurts.
    Unfortunately, I get lots of that...they pull a rice-by and consider it a race. When I want to have a real go at them, they need to change the CD they aren't listening to.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by C9A1L1L
    then the guy in the Charger "Fonzi"
    I know I'm anal, but I love old Mopars...that was a Challenger

Speaking of rice, and I may be wrong on this, but why would a 3000GT have "VTEC" and "Si R" stickers on it? I thought that was Honda that has VTEC.

cause they are idiots

i know a honda accord with an SI-R sticker
    i told him that badge was a step down

Well, one finally stopped at the house to talk. He's a nice guy. Racing somewhere tonight...he says maybe 5 imports and 30 Mustangs show up and he wanted to know if I'd be so kind as to go out and trounce them all. Then, when out eating, a guy in a Civic stopped to talk to me. He had swapped the engine and turbocharged it to about 300 hp (he says) and if he doesn't drink at a party tonight, he wants to race to see how he stacks up. He also said not to waste my time on the Mustangs that will be there because not a one of them can touch even him, much less me. ...but there's a WS6 out there who won't tell what he's done to his and he pulled hard on the Civic.

Should be interesting...hopefully I can find a cameraman.

RN

Re: What's with the ricers?

Originally posted by renichms
    My PT is out on the street since it can't get into the driveway at this house. Ricers see it and go by and rev up ALL the time. They see the STi parked at the top of the hill (king of the hill!) and rev like crazy. In fact, it's getting quite irritating.

However, the most irritating part is when I go driving. I'll get out in the STi and be driving somewhere or just driving around...a ricer turning off my road or going the other way will rev up at me. I turn their way and they run away...like turn off and park. In fact, the Papa John's pizza delivery rice revved up at me and turned off, so when I turned after him, he turned into the Domino's lot.

These ricers try and bring me out and when they succeed, they **** their pants and run away. What's the deal? I've had ONE person willing to actually race after revving at me and that was a really nice guy in a Mustang. Do the ricers have no balls? Why do they rev if they intend to run away when a "challenge" is met?

I know...I shouldn't pick on them but come on...

RN
    Dont let them get to you man. They know better thats why theyre running. And if they dont, who cares anyway?
    My Ride:
    99 Eclipse GS-T
    Mods: Yes
    277 hp / 285 tq.

Other Ride:
    Sonic Yellow 03 WRX Wagon

Ive also dirven an 04 STi

Friends dont let friends drive NA.

Revving at a parked car is like flirting with a manequin.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

Originally posted by VA_WRX
    Revving at a parked car is like flirting with a manequin.
    Beautiful...gotta keep that one in mind.

RN

why is most of the subaru owner here says, most asian import racer is a ricer....? what u think a subaru is... ?
    subaru is japan cars right....!!?

Ricer is a state of mind, it is not based on the country of origin of a car or a person.

If a guy named Franz with blond hair and blue eyes threw some revs at a parked car while he drove by in his Porsche, listening to Der Kommisar, eating something stereotypically German on the way to an Octoberfest party I would still call him a ricer.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

Originally posted by VA_WRX
    Ricer is a state of mind, it is not based on the country of origin of a car or a person.

If a guy named Franz with blond hair and blue eyes threw some revs at a parked car while he drove by in his Porsche, listening to Der Kommisar, eating something stereotypically German on the way to an Octoberfest party I would still call him a ricer.
    Exactly. Ricer is state of mind and, to me, tacky add-ons. Ricer has nothing to do with country of origin unless you want to call domestic rice "soy" or something.

A Subaru can be riced out, most definitely. In fact, there's a kid around here with a WRX (4EAT) that has riced his out. People may consider an STi "factory rice" but I've done nothing to the exterior and try to be as polite a driver as I can.

RN

if i had bought an STi id ditch the wing, not cause its rice but just to be different

A neon with a HUGE wing and a "GTR" badge revved at me the other day. Then a ragged out Eclipse got in behind him and began revving. I was munching on a sandwich and sat and watched the hilarity ensue. Both took off as fast as possible from the light, I just kinda moseyed away(keeping up...go figure). And once the F&F scene was over I got behind the 'Clipse and waited for a light

Sandwich gone, clear lane, beautiful AWD drive launch, and I didn't see em again. I think my car hits 90 faster than a RS eclipse hits 60.

Oh...and a some nimrods in a 1.8T GTi(?) tried to get me to run. They pulled up beside me in TRAFFIC and dropped the clutch and smoked the tires I wanted to say, "hey, I can make all four of mine do that", but I rolled up my window and went to dinner.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.