350z looks good even in the rear-view
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350z looks good even in the rear-view within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I installed some new spark plugs, which cured the misfiring I was having around 4500-5000 rpms. It wasnt too ...

350z looks good even in the rear-view

Today I installed some new spark plugs, which cured the misfiring I was having around 4500-5000 rpms. It wasnt too bad, only took me an hour and a half or so thanks to some help from a friend.

Anyway, on the way home I see a bronze 350z coming up behind me on the left pretty quick. I love the way these cars look. We were on a 4 lane hwy with sparse traffic. As he passes me, he downshifts and speeds off. From what I could tell, it was stock.

Wanting to test out the new plugs, I followed suit and put her in third. Mr Z was trying his hardest to stay in front of me, but by the time I was reaching for 4th I had already caught him. Then it got ugly. By the time I let out (120 or so) I had a good buslength on him. There was a car coming in my lane so I merged left, passed it, then merged back right and waited for him..... but he never came. He tucked in behind the Camry I had just passed.

btw, this was on my more agressive low boost (20psi) map, mix of 100 and 93 octane.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice setup you got there. I got a question for ya:

How does you car drive around town? Stop and go traffic, light to light, etc. I am trying to plan out my cars future and do mostly city driving.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Re: 350z looks good even in the rear-view

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Wanting to test out the new plugs, I followed suit and put her in third.
    hmmm.... I don't remember reading in the manual that the best way to test the operation of new spark plugs is by using a 350Z as a guinea pig...

Nice kill!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

How does you car drive around town? Stop and go traffic, light to light, etc. I am trying to plan out my cars future and do mostly city driving.
    Like a stock WRX, just louder.

Seriously, the car is great. It's my daily driver and I love it. Here's the boost curve to get a feel for how it spools.

Here
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

With that kind of power, picking on a poor 350Z is just mean man...I mean...come on...that's like me picking on a Mustang GT or something.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

So with that big turbo you hit 15psi by 3500rpm. Not bad...do you have a dyno chart of your hp/tq so I can see those curves?

Yep, here ya go. The two curves represent my low boost and high boost setups.

Here
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Wow! 260wtq @ 3800rpm and 340wtq @ 4100rpms! Great googily-moogily!

Yeah, she's a torquey thing. I thought it was funny when I took a buddy of mine for a ride in it and that was the first thing he said, "Damn, this thing is torquey!" He drives a slightly modified C5, too.

I'm on the hunt for an affordable set of cams for the car. As you can see, my power pretty much takes a dive at 6,000 rpms. If I can find a way to make power up top it might be worth my while to upgrade the valvetrain to rev to 9k. Then I might consider a really nice turbo like a T-61.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

What about the COBB upgrade? Too much dinero?

What kind of gas mileage do you get on that?

Btw, what kind of times are you running at the track?

I saw a black 350Z with big chrome rims today. It looked pretty sweet. I love black and silver! The b/f and I went to a local dealership to look at the Z's earlier this year. We weren't even thinking about getting one, (the b/f wanted to see one up close) but the sales guy was trying to talk us into it. He suggested a Nissan Maxima over the Z. He said it (Maxima) was the quickest car he had ever been in....... Even though I like the look of the 350Z, I would rather have a turbo'd car, preferably AWD. Maybe they will come out with a turbo Z. That would be more to my liking (and faster too).
    ~rides~
    me:'99 Grand Prix GT
    boyfriend:'91 Stealth TT
    mods:BOV, K&N FIPK, boost controller
    0-60:4.8 0-100:11.7
    topspeed:165+
    350 hp@flywheel 260 AWHP
    weight: 4,000lbs (w/both of us)

Originally posted by wishIwasFast
    I would rather have a turbo'd car, preferably AWD.
    That's what the wrx is for!

The Cobb stage 2 heads (which include high lift cams) are $4500, which is a little steep for me. Add to that, there is an 8-10 week wait right now.

Btw, what kind of times are you running at the track?
    I ran a couple weeks ago with the misfiring and I could only muster a 12.5. I will be going to the track later in the month and will be looking for low 12's
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Great googily-moogily!
    ROFLMAO...you've got to have kids.

T.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.