srt-4 vs. WRX (4eat)

This is a discussion on srt-4 vs. WRX (4eat) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok, well... all i can say is wow. those things are fast as hell. damn. never knew that they were ...

srt-4 vs. WRX (4eat)

ok, well... all i can say is wow. those things are fast as hell. damn. never knew that they were THAT fast. anyhow... we meet up at a carwash by gurnee mills, and we head out on our own way. but, i saw that he was headed towards the same place that i was, so why not, i chased after to get some runs in.

firts run: 35mph roll, i let auto gear box do all the work, hit it, he hits it, get to about 70 and let off, i was still ahead, though we were going around a big curve, so i might just had the advantage.

second run: from about 20mph, i drop it to 1st on my gearbox selector, and wait for the signal, he floors it just a quick milisecond faster than me so he gets automatic half car lead, i pursuit. by the end of 85mph, hes about 2 cars in front of me. damn.

third run: from about 20 mph roll again, i floor at the same time, he starts to pull slowly but being that the gear was in first and i shifted a bit last, 7500rpms, it detonated(?) and he got an extra car length on me just because of that, so i just let off.

fourth run: from a stop, i rev up to about 2600rpms and when it turned green, i got about a carlength and a half on him, but at about 60, i could see that he was behind me and coming up at a decently fast rate, so i just said screw it and let off so he can get ahead of me before the merge.

ok, hes completely stock and im not. but i am automatic. all i know is that this car is fast as heck. i have raced all sorts of cars, especially v8 stangs, and ive beat most of them. i can say that this car is sick.

ok, heres another problem. the guy in the srt-4 was all by himself. i had my brother and my sister in the car, plus a trunk full of school supplies, dog food and cat food, and some stereo stuff that my dad didnt take out of my trunk. all in all, the trunk must have had about 100lbs of stuff in there. and extra passenger weight is about 340lbs... excluding me(but it doesnt matter because im the driver). the extra weight was about 440lbs. another problem is that im pretty sure my boost controller is screwed up, because i have a boostmonkey, and it worked fine in the begining, but now, it seems to boost only at 14psi and when i raise it, it still boosts at 14. so im guessing something is wrong with the controller. does all this things worsen my performance. i know it does, but by a lot or very little to notice?

mods are in my signiture.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs. What does a WRX weigh? If the guy was bone stock, he was only boostin about 12psi. Having an automatic didn't help you out either.

Does the WRX ECU learn if you try to boost past stock? I know that the SRT-4 pulls timing if it (MBC/EBC) is not hooked up right. You just may need a new monkey!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

nice to see how a 4eat fairs up against the srt-4, i myself have a 4eat and everyone doubts the performance of my car because its automatic. im happy with the car so thats all that matters, and ive had a fair share of good run ins with some decent cars. im dying to race an srt-4 just to see how bad i get raped, i think their great cars. as far as the extra weight goes it obviously made a difference in the outcome but all in all i still think the srt-4 would win even without the extra weight. you hung with him pretty good for just having piping and the boost increased by about .5 lbs. a few more mods and you should be able to take a stock one. good run though, and those things are beasts even stock so dont feel discouraged that you lost.

-Brian

DUDE! you cant win... srt-4 is the fastest car evar.... suprised you didnt know that already

-mike

What do BPU 4EAT WRX's run on stock torque converter? Isn't it like mid 14s? At what MPH? Thanks
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

mid high 14's(14.8's) at anywhere in the mid low 90's..(93-94mph). im kinda pissed off cause the boostmonkey chip must be fried and all im working on is stock boost. gotta get a new bc, probably turboxs.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    mid high 14's(14.8's) at anywhere in the mid low 90's..(93-94mph). im kinda pissed off cause the boostmonkey chip must be fried and all im working on is stock boost. gotta get a new bc, probably turboxs.

With your setup you're running mid to high 14s?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

no, with my setup, im aiming for high 13's. i already know of another person that has the same setup as me and has hit the high 13's. with a decent launch, i expect a at least 14 flats. ive raced my stock stick wrx's and i always beat them easily, so im guessing i should be around there somewhere. the numbers i gave u are for stock wrx 4eats, with great launches(break torqueing).

ive raced s2k's from rolls and have had no problem, this car was just sick from a roll. unless weight and my boost controller being screwed up hurt me this much, id expect the srt-4 to beat the s2k easily.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Oh, OK, I was just confused.

Anyway, even if you are running high 13s, I still have a hard time understanding how you take S2K's so "easily" as you have said. I'm not saying you can't beat them, just that they are fully capable of high 13 second passes as well...and they trap pretty ****ing high as well, so I'm confused at times....but hey, good runs nonetheless.

Edit: I'd also expect the SRT-4 vs. S2K to be a driver's race. They both run similar times at the track. The S2K should have the advantage from a dig but maybe it would be at a disadvantage from a roll. But I've seen plenty of SRT-4s run 14s so I'm not sure how the SRT-4 could take it out easily.
    Last edited by smokey; 08-22-2003 at 10:53 AM.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

ok, well this is what i was saying. ive raced s2k a number of times, even from rolls, and i always won. not by a lot, but easily. now, these races were when i was alone, and my boostcontroller still worked. yesterday, when i raced the srt4, i had 2 other people in the car, plus a lot of other **** in the trunk. and my boostcontroller seems to be not working, im only hitting 14 or so psi. im hoping when i get my new boostcontroller, and am alone in the car, i can hang better with the srt4.

as for my times. i said that im aiming for high 13's with my setup, but being that my boostcontroller is screwed up, ill be in the mid to low 14's in the quarter. these are all guesses. im comparing what others have gotten with my setup and what my times should be like.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Hey ellinopedo, i should be going to the track sometime soon. Ill post my times after i go. Since we almost have the same performance mods (no boost controller) maybe it will give you a more accurate guess on what your car will run.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Nice...I can't wait to race one. Now that I had learned how to do a proper launch it should be fun. My tires screeches when I launch now. I beat a 350Z on the highway not that long ago before my intercooler....maybe he didnt break in his car but oh well. Nice running with the SRT-4 though; theres one at my college...
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45