WRX vs Audi A8 L

This is a discussion on WRX vs Audi A8 L within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is from a 40-100 roll. Beforehand we both were traveling briskly in the city on the way to the ...

WRX vs Audi A8 L

This is from a 40-100 roll. Beforehand we both were traveling briskly in the city on the way to the freeway so I figured he might try something. We were merging on the freeway and everything was clear up ahead. I hear him pretty much floor the throttle and I follow right after since I was anticipating it. He was already 1 car length ahead and it stayed that way until about 80-85 then he pulled another 1 1/2 to 95 then didnt really pull anymore to 100, maybe inches. We both slowed to cruising speed and waved.
    It was the first time I ever saw this car on the road. Does anyone know what it is capable of? I knew since it was audi it would have good power on the highway.

By the way I am auto.
    Last edited by BrandonWRX; 08-21-2003 at 11:19 AM.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

4.2L V8, 330hp, 317 ft-lbs, 4399 curb weight.

I believe 0-60 is around 6.4 or so, but that's not what they're all about.

Beautiful car.

don't forget the most important stat.....$85,000!!!

They are really nice though, too bad Audi suffers from poor quality.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX

They are really nice though, too bad Audi suffers from poor quality.

-joe
    As I currently own an Audi A4, I can comment that the quality has not been up to Japanese standards. My experience is really with nissan and acura, but still.

The engine and drivetrain have been rock solid. Feels like it'll easily hit 150 to 200K.

The things that really suck are little things that add up, like control arms squeeking, etc.

Body is bulletproof as well. Double sided galvanized steel. woohoo.

I'd say that quality is no worse than any other german brand, but I've yet to find a german brand that was as reliable as my old integra!

That being said, I still love the car and plan on putting up with it for as many miles as it'll run :-)

Dave

that car is no where close to 85k....more like 70k

i had a chance to flog that car, along w/the s500, and 745il

the bimmer felt the sportiest of the bunch.....the a8l, as nice as it was....w/the most power of the group.....didn't feel that sporty. in fact, it was the only car of the 3 where i didn't felt as confidence in some of the turns......interior was nice though, except for the pt cruiser like steering wheels, that ruined the driver cockpit
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Agreed, German cars have engine and drivetrain that will last forever, but all the little things go wrong all the time, VW is really bad, Audi is pretty bad, especially the TTs (I think they have gotten that sorted though), even BMW is starting to go downhill from what I hear. German cars are also TOO expensive to fix! I still love my mk1 Jetta though

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    that car is no where close to 85k....more like 70k

i had a chance to flog that car, along w/the s500, and 745il

the bimmer felt the sportiest of the bunch.....the a8l, as nice as it was....w/the most power of the group.....didn't feel that sporty. in fact, it was the only car of the 3 where i didn't felt as confidence in some of the turns......interior was nice though, except for the pt cruiser like steering wheels, that ruined the driver cockpit
    I was at the Audi dealer when they came out, I could have sworn I saw a $82K sticker, maybe there was a mark up here in snobby old Princeton NJ......

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan