WRX - vs- 3000gt vr4 - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX - vs- 3000gt vr4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; o yeah, I might as well beat a live horse: I heard there was some guy on 3si on a ...

o yeah, I might as well beat a live horse:

I heard there was some guy on 3si on a quest to be the first 1000 hp 3000gt or something like that. Where's that at?

At what power levels does the vr4's transmission start to not be able to handle?

What's this thing I heard about "carbon fiber driveshafts" and AWD on the vr4 being a freebie?

thanks,
    Ambert
    '03 white rex
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by alan92rttt
    I was not going to post but, this just made me.

So you'll believe a stock Stealth can run a 13.08 but, you don't believe a stock stealth can take a 98 vette?

What would you say if I told you that was the same Stealth that had just run 13.08? and ran a 13.1 on that run?

Read this page for detail of that day at the track. http://joeg.mi3si.org/102701_MI3S_Ga...r_Dragway.html

And for the record a WRX spurred the driver of the Stealth to that record 13.08 stock run
    unless that was joe g, i wont believe it. and since you posted that link, that is totally believeable. now please duplicate that time about 50 more times. i dont read anything about 3s's anymore, they just are too unreliable for me to even consider buying.

big ****ing deal. i wasnt banned, i ****ing left. thanks for letting me know im banned. those cars suck ass. they are the worst out of the 4 jap turbo cars and are plain fuggin slow.

someone asked my mods? on what, the trans am? dont worry about it. times you need to know are 11.4@123

that joe g guy is the same person in the VID i posted earlier which he ran 13.12 STOCK. says so on the link and his website
    Last edited by dukmahsik; 08-25-2003 at 07:19 PM.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

some one answer my question lol.

O come on kids wouldn't you rather care about whose house is worth more or how much you make than whose car is faster?

geez clubwrx is getting invaded by the horsepower macho Conan-the-barbarians...
    '03 white rex

originally posted by verc:

O come on kids wouldn't you rather care about whose house is worth more or how much you make than whose car is faster?

yea, seriously
    1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Twin Turbo (twin TD04L 18T's in the works)
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (daily driver)

so...guys...is there a 1000 hp vr4/TT somewhere on the planet? Just curious!
    '03 white rex

1000hp 3KGT

Yeah, I saw a picture of that car with the hood open-HUGE A** turbos in that thing! Last I read was that it was going to be at some gathering, but at the last minute couldn't go for some reason. I don't remember what website I saw it on though. I'll keep looking for it.
    ~rides~
    me:'99 Grand Prix GT
    boyfriend:'91 Stealth TT
    mods:BOV, K&N FIPK, boost controller
    0-60:4.8 0-100:11.7
    topspeed:165+
    350 hp@flywheel 260 AWHP
    weight: 4,000lbs (w/both of us)

Yeah, your talking about GT Pro's Drag Pro. I believe they are still tuning it, it is supposed to be unvieled at the 3Si National Gathering next year, I think. They are saying it will be the most powerful 3S in the world (over 1000 awhp ). You can see a video of it on the dyno here
    1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

GOOD LORD
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    you guys are full of ****. especially you dj auggie... arent you the 300lb fat ass that everyone makes fun of on 3si?

you arent being conservative... you are just about right on. 13.4 is not normal.

and yes, most 50 year old guys cant drive worth a ****. how bout you step up to a real f body and get your ass handed to you.

D00d. Why all the hostility and name calling? It doesn't help your BS claims anymore.

Your ghey. Why the fuk would I lie? To prove on the Internet that the WRX has a slower ET AND trap than the WRX? Please. Only retards like you would believe otherwise. Where do you get these times!? Magazine racing is ghey. So is going to the track and seeing a 3/S run a mid 14 and stating it's a Mid 14 car. If that was true, than s2000s are 15 second cars and WRX run 14-15s as well. Get a large group of people and see what they are driving to make a better conclusion. I have done that and listed the times in a previous post. It's not my problem that your dumb and can't read or fail to at least listen to my point.

Also, I am 304LBS and you or anyone else can say what ya want about me till I 0wn ya on the street and in y0 face

-Shawn
    1996 Panama Green Pearl/Tan Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 46K

TRACK STUFF:
    13.2 @ 104MPH 1.82 60FT. (BC @ 14.5PSI/INTAKE/BOV)

PERFORMANCE:
    ProBoost MBC @ 14.5PSI/ATR DP/Removed Main Cat/South Bend TZ Clutch/K&N Cone Intake/TurboXS RFL Type H BOV/Nitto 555 Extreme 245-40-18/MSD Super Conductor Ignition Wires/NGK Copper BCPR7ES Spark Plugs/FrictionTech Brake Pads/Captain Chris's Removing All-Unnecessary **** in engine bay mod

LOOKS:
    Valentine V1.7 w/ hidden display hardwired/AutoMeter Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge/AutoMeter Dual Gauge Pod/Palm M105 w/ PocketLogger Software

MISC.:
    Pennzoil Syncromesh in transmission, Redline MTL in transfer case, RedLine 75w90 in rear differential, Castrol GTX 10w40 in engine, and 94OCT SUNOCO in fuel tank

SOON:
    DR500s, 550cc injectors, Apexi S-AFC, Supra fuel pump, Dawes A/F meter, Blitz Peak/Hold EGT

http://www.clubscience.com/shawnaugu...R4Overview.jpg

Originally posted by DJAuggie
    D00d. Why all the hostility and name calling? It doesn't help your BS claims anymore.

Your ghey. Why the fuk would I lie? To prove on the Internet that the WRX has a slower ET AND trap than the WRX? Please. Only retards like you would believe otherwise. Where do you get these times!? Magazine racing is ghey. So is going to the track and seeing a 3/S run a mid 14 and stating it's a Mid 14 car. If that was true, than s2000s are 15 second cars and WRX run 14-15s as well. Get a large group of people and see what they are driving to make a better conclusion. I have done that and listed the times in a previous post. It's not my problem that your dumb and can't read or fail to at least listen to my point.

Also, I am 304LBS and you or anyone else can say what ya want about me till I 0wn ya on the street and in y0 face

-Shawn

first: i never said that teh wrx is faster then the vr-gay. might want to have your reading comprehension tested. i said there is no chace in hell a stock wrx will take a stock vr-4. wont happen.

NO first gen stock will hit a 13.5 or under... WONT HAPPEN.

and iirc, only 1 2nd gen(joe g aka lighter than all the other 3/s's with his 96 stealth tt) was the ONLY person to EVER crack a 13 flat. EVER. and unless you have massive turbos, you arent beating me on the street, track, anything. youre too slow.

btw, its not my fault youre a fat ass with a slow tank of a car. jap cars suck, which is the main reason i sold mine. however, i think the wrx is an exception... the boxer motor is pretty cool.

shouldnt you be repairing your tranny or something right about now?
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

haha I'm starting to like this GTO guy...
    '03 white rex

1000hp VR-4 pics

Here is a link to pics of the 1000hp VR-4
    http://www.team3s.com/RR04.htm
    Scroll down a bit to see them.
    ~rides~
    me:'99 Grand Prix GT
    boyfriend:'91 Stealth TT
    mods:BOV, K&N FIPK, boost controller
    0-60:4.8 0-100:11.7
    topspeed:165+
    350 hp@flywheel 260 AWHP
    weight: 4,000lbs (w/both of us)

Just because some people can't make a 3S go fast doesn't mean no one can.
    They just aren't slow anymore. You can run 12.5 all day long with just 450 injectors, a SAFC, and a downpipe. I got the VPC because it was available and I'll need it with my later mods.

It is a fact that the 3S shops have basically failed at making fast cars. Sure, they've got 1-2 shop cars that are decent but where are their customers' fast cars? Or, more exactly, where are their customer cars that didn't cost $20k in mods to get there?

Being able to bolt on "massive turbos" is here, and it's about $2k now. In a few weeks more than 50 people will be installing adapter plates so they can use TD05 turbos, from 14b to 20g in size.

When my 16g's go on, I'll be running 11.0s or quicker with traps of 130+. I'm sick of seeing high dollar cars with all the goodies running 12.9s over and over. I've already paid for the turbos so I've put my money where my mouth is and I'll be delivering the timeslips for maybe $5k total in mods, and that includes labor.

I can't believe it but DJAuggie makes me looks slim since I'm only 280 lbs. I refuse to take anything out of my car to make it lighter. It's a street car, not a Honda dragster. The only weight reduction will be if I go on a diet.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.