Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WRX - vs- 3000gt vr4

9K views 73 replies 20 participants last post by  All8up 
#1 ·
How will the WRX do against a first gen 3000gt vr4? I would guess that on the highway the WRX would get beat, but what about stoplight racing?

#27 ·
you guys gotta remember any turboed car and awd will have lil things that need fixing after a number of years, that goes for wrxes, stis, evos, s4s, gsxes, etc.

#28 ·
dukmahsik said:
you guys gotta remember any turboed car and awd will have lil things that need fixing after a number of years, that goes for wrxes, stis, evos, s4s, gsxes, etc.
Very good point. I personally am still in love with the 2nd gen Eclipse and VR4. They look hellva better than what is in the current Mitsu lineup IMO.

#29 ·
The current Mitsubishi lineup sucks no doubt about it. Although the EVO VIII is kind of interesting to me. Except for all the transmission problems it's been having. Of course, it's never been Mitsubishi's style to stand behind anything they made. If the 3000 didn't look so good, I'd have never even thought about a Mitsu product.

#30 ·
#31 ·
dukmahsik said:
no i am sorry you are wrong a have a few vids of stock 3kgts running low (read 13.1-13.3) passes. also if you go on the 3kgt forums you'll see that 1st and 2nd gens run mid to low 13s STOCK.
buddy, pull your head out of your ass... 1st gens will not run a fuggin 1.3 much less 13.5 they dont have the boost in them.

sencond gens RARELY run 13.5 or lower. you got a freak on your hands if you do.

just a little fyi, i used to own one, and was on that ****hole of a forum they call 3si... NONE of them but 1 person hit 13.0 stock. no one else came even close. there is no difference besides maybe the lifters in a 99 vr-4 and a 94 vr-4. NONE.

#32 ·
also, the video you posted of that stealth, its not stock ;) sorry, but there has been maybe a handful of people to trap 105 in a STOCK 3/s. it wont happen. they are sucky cars. it just wont happen. a stock wrx wont touch one, but a stock stealth wont touch a c5 if properly driven.
verdict: modded( you can even hear freaking exhaust) 96 stealth tt takes horribly driven automatic 2.73 geared c5...:rolleyes:

show me 100 more videos like that and i MIGHT consider you to be partially in the right... why dont you find me about 10 vr-4's/stealths to run im my little ls1... ill whip that ass all day long.

#33 ·
AsianWRX said:
If that car has not been taken care of and its still stock. I don't think a stock WRX will have any problem with it.

If its been taken care of with some upgrades, I think it will be close.....
A properly driven VR-4/TT can run:

1st gen = 13.7 - 14.0 @ 99-101MPH
2nd gen = 13.4 - 13.7 @ 100-103MPH

I am being conservative.

Also, what does the WRX run?

-Shawn

#36 ·
you guys are full of ****. especially you dj auggie... arent you the 300lb fat ass that everyone makes fun of on 3si?

you arent being conservative... you are just about right on. 13.4 is not normal.

and yes, most 50 year old guys cant drive worth a ****. how bout you step up to a real f body and get your ass handed to you.

#37 ·
AmethystGTO said:
buddy, pull your head out of your ass... 1st gens will not run a fuggin 1.3 much less 13.5 they dont have the boost in them.

sencond gens RARELY run 13.5 or lower. you got a freak on your hands if you do.

just a little fyi, i used to own one, and was on that ****hole of a forum they call 3si... NONE of them but 1 person hit 13.0 stock. no one else came even close. there is no difference besides maybe the lifters in a 99 vr-4 and a 94 vr-4. NONE.
yaye! here comes the immature stabs :p :rolleyes:

i've posted a vid of a 1g running low 13s and the source at the time where i got it from claimed it was stock. i at least posted a vid.

anyways, the POINT of this thread is a stock wrx vs a stock 3kgt vr4. a stock wrx will never touch a stock 3kgt vr4. arguments about proper maintenance are a mute point because that sword can slice both ways.

#39 · (Edited)
AmethystGTO said:
also, the video you posted of that stealth, its not stock ;) sorry, but there has been maybe a handful of people to trap 105 in a STOCK 3/s. it wont happen. they are sucky cars. it just wont happen. a stock wrx wont touch one, but a stock stealth wont touch a c5 if properly driven.
verdict: modded( you can even hear freaking exhaust) 96 stealth tt takes horribly driven automatic 2.73 geared c5...:rolleyes:

show me 100 more videos like that and i MIGHT consider you to be partially in the right... why dont you find me about 10 vr-4's/stealths to run im my little ls1... ill whip that ass all day long.
I was not going to post but, this just made me.

So you'll believe a stock Stealth can run a 13.08 but, you don't believe a stock stealth can take a 98 vette?

What would you say if I told you that was the same Stealth that had just run 13.08? and ran a 13.1 on that run?

Read this page for detail of that day at the track. http://joeg.mi3si.org/102701_MI3S_Gathering_at_Lapeer_Dragway.html

And for the record a WRX spurred the driver of the Stealth to that record 13.08 stock run ;)

#41 ·
Yeah what I said earlier exactly...

huge ass, but huge legs to haul that huge ass.

I mean sure it weighs 300-400 lbs more than a supra or 300zx but the AWD obviously makes up for it.

I mean in eclipses, our wrx's, the awd more than makes up for the extra couple hundred pounds it adds.

3si's are SOOOOOO underratted...

..and people keep asking me for fuggin' rides cause the wrx has 5 seats. If it weren't for the cool wrx guys I'm strongly thinking about trading my wrx for a VR4 + sportbike!

Not to mention they are one of the most beautifully designed cars ever!

#42 ·
HAHAHAHA Alan got involved in this, not thats just tooo funny.

Now i dont want to start anything here, but this is basically the truth.

Stock 1st gen VR-4 will run high 13s-low 14s depending on driver
Stock 2nd gen will run mid 13s to-high 13s depending on driver
Some of the BPU VR-4s can pull of high 12s which is basically just intake, exhaust and MBC, thats not too shabby if you ask me.

Stock vs. Stock, i dont see a regular WRX coming close to a VR-4, now an STi i would say would beat a VR-4 stock vs. stock. Now from experience, an N/A 3000GT can hang with a regular WRX from a roll and will begin walking the WRX after 100 mph because of gearing. WRX's can pull off some good times for their 227 horses because of their AWD, and you might think i'm crazy for saying an N/A can pull on a WRX from a roll, but you have to look at the factors that WRX is AWD and N/A is FWD (drivetrain loss) and depending on the N/A, some of them weigh less than the WRX and some weigh more than the WRX.

Note: Specs are from stock, so dont even think about calling bull**** if you're a modded WRX.

#44 ·
For those who are listening to him-

AmethystGTO was VR4Wannabe on 3SI (the 3000GT/Stealth forum). He was warned again and again, and eventually banned for flaming and trolling, pretty much talking the same way he has on this thread.

Just FYI for those who actually thought he had something good to say. I guess that's why he thinks 3si is an a**hole forum.

#45 ·
originally posted by verc:

why the hell are you guys beating a dead horse...

the 3000gt costed like 50 grand the wrx isn't supposed to come anywhere near 3000gt performance come ON stop beating the dead horse!!!
i'm not beating the dead horse, i said an STi can take a VR-4 up to 1xx mph and the STi's cost less than VR-4s

oh yea, WRX's are much better than EVO's ;)

#46 ·
o yeah, I might as well beat a live horse:

I heard there was some guy on 3si on a quest to be the first 1000 hp 3000gt or something like that. Where's that at?

At what power levels does the vr4's transmission start to not be able to handle?

What's this thing I heard about "carbon fiber driveshafts" and AWD on the vr4 being a freebie?

thanks,
Ambert

#47 ·
alan92rttt said:
I was not going to post but, this just made me.

So you'll believe a stock Stealth can run a 13.08 but, you don't believe a stock stealth can take a 98 vette?

What would you say if I told you that was the same Stealth that had just run 13.08? and ran a 13.1 on that run?

Read this page for detail of that day at the track. http://joeg.mi3si.org/102701_MI3S_Gathering_at_Lapeer_Dragway.html

And for the record a WRX spurred the driver of the Stealth to that record 13.08 stock run ;)
unless that was joe g, i wont believe it. and since you posted that link, that is totally believeable. now please duplicate that time about 50 more times. i dont read anything about 3s's anymore, they just are too unreliable for me to even consider buying.

#48 ·
big ****ing deal. i wasnt banned, i ****ing left. thanks for letting me know im banned. those cars suck ass. they are the worst out of the 4 jap turbo cars and are plain fuggin slow.

someone asked my mods? on what, the trans am? dont worry about it. times you need to know are 11.4@123

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.