Rocked a Supra last night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rocked a Supra last night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was approaching a stoplight, and was still about 1/8 mile away and I noticed a nice mkiv supra sitting ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Cool Rocked a Supra last night

I was approaching a stoplight, and was still about 1/8 mile away and I noticed a nice mkiv supra sitting at the light. The light went green as I was still coming up on it, braking...and I saw the guy just take off like a bat out of hell (as hard as supra's can launch, anyway ) So I gunned it and gave chase. He must have seen me coming cause he let off and waited. We got even and gave it a go from maybe 45-90. I had it waiting in 3rd when we took off, and I put maybe 1 length on him. He wanted to play somemore, but I was right by my house so I went home. Didnt want to push my luck! I know of this guy, and he supposedly is BPU. He definitely had exhaust and a BOV cause I could hear those bad boys

oh yea, this was in the cobra, not the GT!
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what you got done casue a real BPU would have pwned you , but if he only had exaust and a bov then you should get him.
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

BPU = downpipe, exhaust, boost controller - 500hp

Whats in your kinda fast cobra?
    I created my avatar.

theres diffenrt levels of BPU
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

The cobra is just a 5.0 with motor work and bolt ons. I seriouisly KNOW who this guy is and I know of his mods. He "claims" to have BPU but for all I know he only has exhaust and a BOV. The 5.0 can nevar lose. Dont you guys know that yet
    2003 SRT-4

lol, well what does some motor work and some bolt ons meen?

it could meen, stroker kit built head and i bolted on a super charger,

and the 5.0 can never lose?? wanna race?
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Nice kill. I wouldn't mind having one of the "new" Cobras. w00t!

OFF-TOPIC: kingleh- do you know what the 60' time, 0-60 time, and 1/4 time are on your Supra?
    Last edited by AjIsDope; 08-21-2003 at 09:59 PM.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Out of curiosity, what do GTs run 0-60 in stock form? I had a run in with one the other night on my bike (only a 500 twin) and the thing didn`t disapear in my mirror... didn`t quite pull either until we hit triple digits (twins=not known for top end). Didn`t sound stock, so I`m assuming he had atleast an exhaust... Either way I gave him a thumbs up and was hoping to catch a light to talk to him but no such luck. Just wondered what kind of power they put out from the factory

edit: (estimated) stock times for my bike are around 3.8x 0-60, and 12.7 1/4, and its got an exhaust/stage 1 jet kit. So it should run slightly faster granted I hit every shift perfect, never took it to the track to find out, though, I don`t really care for drag racing, its just fun to play sometimes.
    Last edited by SpeedKills; 08-21-2003 at 10:13 PM.

Hell yea, i'll run your 800hp supra....You'd probably run like 12.0@145 like all the other ones I've seen

J/k...sorta, I dont have nearly enough for you, and CERTAINLY not from a roll!!

To answer your question, Speedkills, I must first know what model year you're talking about...If it was a newer GT, they only did 0-60 in 5.5 with a 1/4 time of about 13.9 typically. Ive given some bikes good runs in my GT but Im far from stock. Im guessing this guy had a blower or nitrous, cause he hung, and I dont think he would try a bike with a stock-ish GT.

The 94-98 GTs werent nearly as quick, but could be made fast, just like everything else, with the right parts.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    The cobra is just a 5.0 with motor work and bolt ons. I seriouisly KNOW who this guy is and I know of his mods. He "claims" to have BPU but for all I know he only has exhaust and a BOV. The 5.0 can nevar lose. Dont you guys know that yet
    This guy must not realize he owns a Ford... The words "never" and "lose" are c'mon in a conversation involving Mustangs, but NEVER together. Since they usually LOSE. See notice how I did that
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing

To answer your question, Speedkills, I must first know what model year you're talking about...If it was a newer GT, they only did 0-60 in 5.5 with a 1/4 time of about 13.9 typically. Ive given some bikes good runs in my GT but Im far from stock. Im guessing this guy had a blower or nitrous, cause he hung, and I dont think he would try a bike with a stock-ish GT.

The 94-98 GTs werent nearly as quick, but could be made fast, just like everything else, with the right parts.
    It was a newer one, I`m gonna keep my eye for the guy, I wanna know what he has done to it. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by AjIsDope

OFF-TOPIC: kingleh- do you know what the 60' time, 0-60 time, and 1/4 time are on your Supra?
    hey man never took it to the track with my old set up, but right now its getting ALOT better turbo put on it. should make the same top end power but ALOT better spoool. if i can drive it correctly, with my BFG drags 1.6 60' and mid 10s. thats what i expect anyways.

cant wait to get it back

ps. the turbo is a SP-67 Qtrim,
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Originally posted by kingleh
    hey man never took it to the track with my old set up, but right now its getting ALOT better turbo put on it. should make the same top end power but ALOT better spoool. if i can drive it correctly, with my BFG drags 1.6 60' and mid 10s. thats what i expect anyways.

cant wait to get it back

ps. the turbo is a SP-67 Qtrim,
    well, I personally have yet to see a supra run faster than 12s...but Im sure not saying it cant be done. They just seem to have high ETs with REALLY nice traps.
    2003 SRT-4

download the video of a supra running a 8.3 on street leagule
    tires, supra is gettign close to fastest ET ever on street tires

and i will have a video of my car someday i will be sure to hit you up
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Nice setup there kingleh. Definately post some vids when you get to the track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast