Rocked a Supra last night - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Rocked a Supra last night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by RaccoonRacing well, I personally have yet to see a supra run faster than 12s...but Im sure not ...

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    well, I personally have yet to see a supra run faster than 12s...but Im sure not saying it cant be done. They just seem to have high ETs with REALLY nice traps.
    looks like you haven't been to many import races...or maybe just not any import races with supras...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh yea theres BPUs running 10's by the WAY.

so thats a supra with stock turbos, running 10s.
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

BPU = 150 shot?

BPU

Basic
    Performance
    Upgrades

its kinda like stages, but there would be like 50 stages if supra guys did stages, so they do BPU, BPU+, BPU++, and it keeps goign to about 5+s. a BPU car is also on stock twins, if it has after market turbo, or turbos, then its APU.
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by kingleh
    oh yea theres BPUs running 10's by the WAY.

so thats a supra with stock turbos, running 10s.
    If by "BPU" you mean BPU+++'s also, then I can believe it...but I cant believe a regular BPU staged MKIV is running 10s. There's no way just boost control, downpipe, and exhaust is gonna get you into the 10s!
    2003 SRT-4

i ment in general BPU, not BPU with out any +'s,

it had plenty of +'s. but the point is, it was on stock turbos
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

theres diffenrt levels of BPU
    Yea, the different levels that you created in your mind.

For supras, when someone says BPU they mean downpipe, exhaust, boost controller. They could also have a BPU+ w/the addition of pulleys or some other minor part.
    I created my avatar.

what?

listne to what im saying..........when i said bpu i ment in general bpu as in it still has stock twins. man nevermind just forget it, you will just keep arguing, idk why your trying to tell me about my own car

anys ways. bpu wiht no +'s is what he said
    bpu+ is FMIC and adjustable cam gears
    BPU++ is a little fuel system, some kind of piggy back computer sytem and/or NAWZ
    and it keeps going
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

hmmm, always wondered what BPU meant for the Supra... thanks for the info and get some vids of your Supra so you dont have to try and explain it, you can just show us.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Then you need to start looking before making statements like that! A friend of mine has an auto, in ttc mode (true twin conversion), a 3700 rpm stall, 17 lbs of boost (profec b I think), fmic, cam gears, catless exhaust, stock twins and tranny (except for the stall), and finally a 75 shot sprayed in the middle of 3rd. About three weeks ago he ran a 11.9x at 121.xx at Gainseville raceways. His 60' was a 1.8. He launched at about 2/3 throttle so he could have probably gotten a 1.7 60', BUT launching at higher throttle could have led to too much tire spin. Also street legal tires. A couple of reasons a lot of supras have big power and low et's is that people go to the track with "bling bling" 20s that weigh 35lbs a piece, and they don't know how to drive. As most people know mkiv's don't get the best traction out of the hole, so launching is very tricky. You can't just dump the clutch at 4-5k like in a wrx! Now that I moved to a state with no damn snow (finally), an mkiv will be in my driveway in about a year.

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    well, I personally have yet to see a supra run faster than 12s...but Im sure not saying it cant be done. They just seem to have high ETs with REALLY nice traps.

Well nice race man. There is a Supra here locally that ran a 10.00 @ 146 mph when it was still kinda hot out. He was on street tires too!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

dang theres defintly a 9 in that car,

i just took my car to the shop today, they just came out with a new bad ass turbo im having it put on, i should be running low 10s

people who hate on supras and pull out the 12 second joke eat there words everytime, when i see someone say that i doenst make me mad, it just makes me laugh for how stupid they are
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

SP74? Boostlogic's kit? Or the 3037's (not actually new, but I thought I'd throw them in for good measure)? Come on now...no secrets!

, they just came out with a new bad ass turbo im having it put on,
    Last edited by hobbzz; 08-26-2003 at 12:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.