SRT-4 rapes an EVO VIII *VID* - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on SRT-4 rapes an EVO VIII *VID* within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by drizze99 OK, just found out what the car has!! MODS: MBC- was not dialed in so the ...

Originally posted by drizze99
    OK, just found out what the car has!!

MODS:

MBC- was not dialed in so the car was running stock boost

3" Turbo back Exhaust - with test pipe and no tips

Upgraded turbo- bigger compressor wheel on the intake side

Prototype IC - very small end tanks were fitted for fear of tight fitment but later was found they could be made bigger but only if bumper support is removed

Motor mounts - firm

Wastegate Actuator

Phantom Grip LSD

Phantom Grip LSD

That explains it all.!!!

awd -= POOP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is PCM what dodge likes to call an ECU?

Also, for the race where the EVO was reallllly far behind, is it possible that he realized he was toast and got off the gas? Thats what i would have done.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by CKxx
    Is PCM what dodge likes to call an ECU?
    Yes, exactly.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

The kid with that car ran a 13.7? I don't care if it is a slow track, that isn't the kid of numbers that can pull THAT hard on an EVO from a dig.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

I think that same kid ran against a 03 Cobra. You can find the vid here:

http://srtforums.com/forums/showthre...threadid=12255

And my friends eclipse... who took him by a bit.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...579#post334579

OWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that vid ROCKED
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

evo's are overated. I had about the same result from a roll with my stock rex(K&N filter). My gas tank was basically on empty but damn 3-4 car lenghts by 70mph? I heard the evo and it sounded like he knew what he was doing blow off valve and all! Maybe they are just really hard to launch right or somthing cause it seemed to good to be true.

Originally posted by scoob
    evo's are overated. I had about the same result from a roll with my stock rex(K&N filter). My gas tank was basically on empty but damn 3-4 car lenghts by 70mph? I heard the evo and it sounded like he knew what he was doing blow off valve and all! Maybe they are just really hard to launch right or somthing cause it seemed to good to be true.
    err yeah evo's are overrated
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I'm having a hard time believing the facts of that video. That srt would need about 350 or so hp if not more to pull that hard on an evo. It looks to me like the evo quits racing after they get on it. I trap 106-107 so far is my best and i really doubt i can pull that hard on an evo. I mean damn they trap like 100 from the factory.
    2005 WRB STI - TBE, CAI, Protune
    1.74 60 foot -8.30 1/8@83.66mph

2002 WRX (Gone)
    1.80 60 foot - 8.15 1/8 mile - 12.61@112.19

well, after reading the posts and watching all videos, I have come to the conclusion that IMHO, the evo driver did NOT know what he was doing. Assuming the mod list provided by drizzle is accurate and no "other" tuning was performed. The races between the two should have been a little closer. That is why I am sticking with my conclusion that the EVO driver was inept in handling that particular situation.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.