SRT-4 rapes an EVO VIII *VID* - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 rapes an EVO VIII *VID* within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good work Driz. I was checking out turboxs's home page and it was claiming 30ish hp's from a boost controller ...

Good work Driz. I was checking out turboxs's home page and it was claiming 30ish hp's from a boost controller that costs 190 bucks. Thats some large hp's for cheap. They ran 13.6 with just this. And that was with a 2.4 60'.

What is the stock boost on the SRT? For 13.6, they were at 18psi.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah that MBC makes a huge difference on those cars. They really eat up the extra boost...

Cost per HP is a little more on our cars.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Not LSD! No wonder it hooked up so well. It's way pricey and takes $$$ to install plus you can OD if you take too much.

After watching that....I have to...

lol good kill.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Wow that SRT4 owns!!! I'd like to see that up against some nicely staged rexes!! What a beast!! I think that there may have been something wrong with that EVO driver...it literally looks like he was standing still after shifting out of first...?!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Im the owner of that SRT. I ran a 13.7 @98 this past sunday in Bradenton
    I don't know how high the elevation is over at Bradenton, but if he runs high 13's, that evo should've kept up with him somewhat or beat him. I guess the evo driver couldn't drive worth a lick or he wasn't pushing it much.

Your thoughts Drizze?

Hey drizz, thanks for the list of mods...i'll be getting those soon!
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

wow, that second vid earned my respect for the new generation eclipses.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Originally posted by Ike
    I'd be really shocked if that SRT-4 wasn't running at least a small shot of nitrous.

Ike
    I thought that very same thing the first time I saw that vid!

The dodge pulls away so quickly and consistently, like someone turned the gravity off for him.

Nice vid btw. I had no problems viewing it. But I do have one question - Why post it on a WRX forum? To scare us from running Dodge's?
    Last edited by Bilkid; 08-21-2003 at 03:31 AM.
    Bill

RIP REX

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    I don't know how high the elevation is over at Bradenton, but if he runs high 13's, that evo should've kept up with him somewhat or beat him. I guess the evo driver couldn't drive worth a lick or he wasn't pushing it much.

Your thoughts Drizze?
    My thoughts........ dumbfounded!!

That car has to be making more power than me, and I trapped at 101. I mean, that car has a bigger IC and a bigger compressor wheel!! Maybe he can't drag???

As far as Bradenton goes, the Tampa boys tell me that the track is slow and traction sux on it. This just what I've been told by them. And that's even from a rex owner I talk to as well.

The kid in the EVO should be driving a Kia or a Hyundai, cause he gives EVO owners a bad rep!! Maybe he was breaking the car in, BUT he shouldn't have raced if that's the situation.

The 2nd vid with the 3G Eclipse is a better guage of the car IMO. That kid did a real nice job with car. A lot of money went into it though.
    Last edited by drizze99; 08-21-2003 at 07:03 AM.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by Bilkid
    But I do have one question - Why post it on a WRX forum? To scare us from running Dodge's?
    No, not at all. I like hanging out over here Bill and I thought I would post it here for you guys to see. I have never scene you here before, but a lot of the guys that posted in this thread know me!!

I like the WRX a lot, and if it weren't for the fact that my dad works for DCX, I would have gotten a WRX when they first came to the US. I just couldn't pass up buying the SRT-4 for only 17,900 after my dad's discount.

Originally posted by droogie
    What is the stock boost on the SRT? For 13.6, they were at 18psi.
    Stock boost on a SRT-4 is between 11-14psi. It all depends on atmospheric conditions. The PCM knows how much power it needs to make and it adjusts the psi accordingly. The PCM in this car is annoyingly smart!

This could all change for me though, because I am going to be beta testing a piggyback from a tuning shop shortly. They have their car running 12.8's @110 with their Stage 1 package which should be on my car in a couple of weeks.

Damn you WRXin...all of my favorite women....Yummm, Sung Hi Lee...mongo like!

i think the dodge driver knew what he was doing. he was able to hook that sucker up. even w/ a poor evo launch, you're still 2.0 60'. for a FWD car , that's pretty damn good.

i suppose the LSD was a nice addition for that as well.

dR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.