SRT-4 rapes an EVO VIII *VID* - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 rapes an EVO VIII *VID* within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by drizze99 What's a useful format? .MOV, .MP4. .MPG, .MPEG, .AVI, some other export of .WMV...whatever codec is ...

Originally posted by drizze99
    What's a useful format?
    .MOV, .MP4. .MPG, .MPEG, .AVI, some other export of .WMV...whatever codec is being used in those few that don't work may be WMV but isn't compatible with WMP.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Tuco
    Hehe, geesh, that's not a rape...more like a jail house GB.

T.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Oh god it hurts b/c I'm laughin so hard!

You can play it in WMP 9. The problem that you guys are experiencing where all you can get is sound is probably that you don't have the proper codec. A codec is like a driver for your player that allows the player to play different video formats. This is a WMV file. I'm not too certain what exact codec you need to play it, but I can run it just fine and these are the codecs I have installed: Xvid, DivFix, Elepeg MPEG2 Decoder, and SVCD MPEG2 codec for WMP. You can find most of these codecs at www.moviecodec.com. You could also try searching for them on google. Also, if you have other video questions, most of them are answered on the forums at www.vcdquality.com.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

Originally posted by SupraToWRX
    You can play it in WMP 9. The problem that you guys are experiencing where all you can get is sound is probably that you don't have the proper codec. A codec is like a driver for your player that allows the player to play different video formats. This is a WMV file. I'm not too certain what exact codec you need to play it, but I can run it just fine and these are the codecs I have installed: Xvid, DivFix, Elepeg MPEG2 Decoder, and SVCD MPEG2 codec for WMP. You can find most of these codecs at www.moviecodec.com. You could also try searching for them on google. Also, if you have other video questions, most of them are answered on the forums at www.vcdquality.com.
    I have all the codecs and it doesn't work. I guess I just won't get to see it. But that's why we can delete things...

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    I have all the codecs and it doesn't work. I guess I just won't get to see it. But that's why we can delete things...

RN
    What player is your computer's default? I think thats a good place to start troubleshooting...

Cool video. I think the guy driving the EVO was an idiot, if I got spanked that hard from a roll, I'm not going to make excuses and try other runs, that'd be stupid. From my street experience to pull on someone like that usually requires about 100hp more than the other guy, or a monster amount of torque. IIRC doesnt the SRT put down like 220 or something to the wheels? Stock EVOs go from 180-220 depending on dyno and day. The SRT has a monster motor in it, Dodge knows how to manhandle turbo engines, not very elegant, but they put out gobs. The SRT is also lighter. I have an EVO BTW (stock), and I'd be a bit nervious to race an SRT on the highway.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    What player is your computer's default? I think thats a good place to start troubleshooting...
    For WMV, Windows Media Player is the default player. On the Mac, it's whatever version was out yesterday. The DivX codec is the one out yesterday (both same as today). When that failed, I tried Quicktime anyways. Failed. When that failed, I tried VLC. Failed. Went looking for codecs...nothing worked.

Windows 2000...same thing.

It's okay, really. Some people encode with something completely incompatible with at least a third of us, so their video simply gets limited play. If they encode with whatever else it takes to get a proper WMV format, they get wider play. If they use MPG, they get even wider than that. That's the way it goes. I'm used to it now. I just tell myself whoever made it is at least trying, so to excuse the fact that it doesn't work. Maybe they'll improve with time.

RN

For WMV, Windows Media Player is the default player. On the Mac, it's whatever version was out yesterday. The DivX codec is the one out yesterday (both same as today). When that failed, I tried Quicktime anyways. Failed. When that failed, I tried VLC. Failed. Went looking for codecs...nothing worked.

Windows 2000...same thing.

It's okay, really. Some people encode with something completely incompatible with at least a third of us, so their video simply gets limited play. If they encode with whatever else it takes to get a proper WMV format, they get wider play. If they use MPG, they get even wider than that. That's the way it goes. I'm used to it now. I just tell myself whoever made it is at least trying, so to excuse the fact that it doesn't work. Maybe they'll improve with time.

RN
    I have a solution for you. USE ANOTHER COMPUTER
    If you were one of my users, I'd just tell you to get your arss up and use the one next door!

I have a solution for you. USE ANOTHER COMPUTER
    If you were one of my users, I'd just tell you to get your arss up and use the one next door!
    So 3 isn't enough? It fails pretty consistently. Don't worry...maybe it makes it into a compilation or something.

RN

So 3 isn't enough? It fails pretty consistently. Don't worry...maybe it makes it into a compilation or something.

RN
    This problem is getting personal. Send me your address and I'll mail it to you on a dvd

This problem is getting personal. Send me your address and I'll mail it to you on a dvd
    Haha...thanks, but that's okay. If I could view it, I could put it on DVD too... Thanks for trying to help. From what I see on here, it sounds like a badass video.

RN

Haha...thanks, but that's okay. If I could view it, I could put it on DVD too... Thanks for trying to help. From what I see on here, it sounds like a badass video.

RN
    This JUST for you RN.... I converted it and re-hosted it. Get it quick though cause the link will die!! (not suppossed to upload video to it). I used a DivX 5.0.3 video codec and a std MP3 audio codec!! Enjoy!!

DOWNLOAD
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    This JUST for you RN.... I converted it and re-hosted it. Get it quick though cause the link will die!! (not suppossed to upload video to it). I used a DivX 5.0.3 video codec and a std MP3 audio codec!! Enjoy!!

DOWNLOAD
    HOLY CRAP! Yeah, raping doesn't quite do that justice. Slightly modified my ass...

Thanks!

RN

I think the SRT-4 owner can't drive.

Stock Evo VIII my ARSE.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Holy crapola That SRT-4 totally spanked that poor EVO. Keep 'em coming drizze99
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.