S2K bites the dust....from a roll - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on S2K bites the dust....from a roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Very well written...nice story!...

Very well written...nice story!
    Bill

RIP REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by jigga
    you know.... you've got a point! only problem is that i think i might be getting used to the power, so the car doesn't feel as fast as it truely is anymore But that is where water injection comes in!
    Great story, the outcome is totally what I would expect.
    I'm in the same boat as you, I just got a 20g (granted it is not dyno tuned yet), but the car already feels slow =(
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

sigh
    me too, so used to the power and speed, I have been thinking about change of heart and go to the dark side ( EVOVIII )
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by slin02
    sigh
    me too, so used to the power and speed, I have been thinking about change of heart and go to the dark side ( EVOVIII )
    I too have been considering a change too.... but I don't want a car that I will be tempted to mod so much..... This has become a huge addiction for me... Everytime I think..."This is the last thing I will get", I always add somethig else to the darn list. I was going to stop with my upgrding at the point that I am at right now, but with the advent of water injection, I put those plans on hold.... I am thinking that I might also pick up a set of headers to finish the package, but don't want to lose my 'boxer rumble' either....

I have been thinking of perhaps a black G35Coupe on 18's and tints, since I am not a huge fan of the 350Z's looks.... especially it's rear end...

On the other hand, I think to myself that the Caddy CTS-V is comming soon, and would LOVE to put a hurtin on those too!

It is just too damn easy to get more power out of the wrx and other turbo cars.....

Heck, sometimes I think the car is slow because I don't put 'enough' (in my opinion) of a whooping on other cars on the road! How sad is that!

BTW, how much boost are you running on your setup? What octane gas?

I am set for 18psi right now on 94octane gas... Hoping to move up to 20psi with water injection soon
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by All8up
    Great story, the outcome is totally what I would expect.
    I'm in the same boat as you, I just got a 20g (granted it is not dyno tuned yet), but the car already feels slow =(
    How are you finding the 20G so far? I know tyou said it is untuned, but where on the rpm scale does it wake up? What are your power goals for this turbo?

I would swap to this turbo in a heartbeat, but I am trying to kerb my spending on my car....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Great kill, espically when you put the "Hammah" (said w/ a Boston accent) on her. Nice Kill...I would've like to have seen the look on her face. Might have looked like this

Originally posted by Lt. Boom Stick
    Great kill, espically when you put the "Hammah" (said w/ a Boston accent) on her. Nice Kill...I would've like to have seen the look on her face. Might have looked like this
    haha! I think her facial expression looked more like this...

As she began to pull on me:

When I dropped the hammah:

When the turbo spooled and I blew right by her:

When she found that she had more than she could handle in her mouth, and thoguht that there had to be something wrong with her S2000 :

My expression at the the end of our little pissing contest:
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: S2K bites the dust....from a roll

My car is pretty well modded, and puts down 290HP (with more HP to come) to all 4 wheels courtesy of my PE1820 turbo
    Is that before dyno tuning? My friends VF30 and TMIC got 297.5 on 93oct.
    I created my avatar.

BTW, how much boost are you running on your setup? What octane gas?

I am set for 18psi right now on 94octane gas... Hoping to move up to 20psi with water injection soon [/B]
    I am boosting 18 with stock intercooler. I have not get it dynoed yet with the FMIC, I am still waiting for Dan (godspeed) to come up with the GT25 turbo kit. Subaru tranny, however, is too weak, and I am really thinking about the EVOVIII, everytime I grind my 1st and 4th gear, the more I think of EVO.

Originally posted by slin02
    I am boosting 18 with stock intercooler. I have not get it dynoed yet with the FMIC, I am still waiting for Dan (godspeed) to come up with the GT25 turbo kit. Subaru tranny, however, is too weak, and I am really thinking about the EVOVIII, everytime I grind my 1st and 4th gear, the more I think of EVO.
    What are the components of the GT25 kit and how much do you think that it will run?

Is it gonna be that much faster than the beast that you have already?

Re: Re: S2K bites the dust....from a roll

Originally posted by CKxx
    Is that before dyno tuning? My friends VF30 and TMIC got 297.5 on 93oct.
    Yes, that is with dyno tuning. There is some more tuning to be done though. My tuner has the car running very rich right now since it is a new block. He reckons there is another 15-20WHP in it after he leans it out and fine-tunes the timing...

Also, that 290WHp was achieved with a severely heatsoaked intercooler. The intercooler was not getting a constant flow of air since we were down 1 fan on the day. Even with a scorching intercooler, we still managed 290WHP. This leads me to believe that there is much more power when the intercooler has air flowing through it as it would if we had enough fans...

Your friend must be running 19-20psi of boost correct? Also, which dyno was he using?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Not positive on the dyno type, but it was whatever TXS uses. Nathan tuned his car, and for that 297 pull he was on 20psi.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by CKxx
    Not positive on the dyno type, but it was whatever TXS uses. Nathan tuned his car, and for that 297 pull he was on 20psi.
    ahh.. I see... Must be fun having a nice round 300WHP! Hopefully, I can get there soon after my timing and fuel get tweeked.. Should get me to around 315 WHP with luck! Thing is my block has less than 5000miles on it, so my tuner wants me to run a little on the conservative side for now
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I don't know yet, I am the guinea pig! Hope to find out soon myself.
    Originally posted by AsianWRX
    What are the components of the GT25 kit and how much do you think that it will run?

Is it gonna be that much faster than the beast that you have already?

FP20G

I see 14psi @ 4k rpms in 4th gear and it will quickly get to around 18psi by 5krpms in that same gear. Also note I can see 7psi @ 3800rpms in 2nd gear.
    The turbo is far less laggy than I would have thought and FP is making a different version w/ a 7cm2 exh housing and a 6H turbine, which provides faster response and even more power.
    I'd pick one of those up if you really got the itch....
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.