FWD Ricer Question
Closed Thread

This is a discussion on FWD Ricer Question within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why do the Civic and other FWD ricers put steel wheels on the front and alloys on the back? They ...

FWD Ricer Question

Why do the Civic and other FWD ricers put steel wheels on the front and alloys on the back? They could only carry two when they were running from the police? Seriously, why?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It was part of drag racing stuff..

They have all four alloy rims and when they go to drag race, they put lighter steel rims on the front so they can have a little better time.
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

less rotational mass = better e.t.'s. that and usually they have different tires for racing if they are real racers and not ***got rice boys...

The real reason started as we are discussing here. The lighter and stronger wheels ususally carried a pair of slicks. Drive all four alloys to the track and then bolt the slicks on with the steels to run. Get the traction at the track with street illegal tires. But still have all of the driving around town looking good with 4 alloys with standard tires.
    Well, the look of the wannabe's came around. (And when I say wannabe's, I am not talking about my team, of course.) Rather than looking good with 4 alloys, they wanted to look like they just came fresh from the track. So thus the steel wheels on the fronts. (But if you look, they usually do not have slicks on.)
    Just another stupid ricer hiccup. Just like all of the other items of their cars, the greatest of which is no performance.

I Support ClubWRX
    FUNKED1, this is being locked. Please refrain from such ridiculous threads in the future.
    2010 SSM STI

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.