STi vs E430 benz

This is a discussion on STi vs E430 benz within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was coming home from Home Depot, and I was at 159th st cruisin and minding my own buisness. So ...

STi vs E430 benz

I was coming home from Home Depot, and I was at 159th st cruisin and minding my own buisness. So I caught a light and the road itself is a 3 lane and after the stop light it merges to two lanes.. So the lined up from the stop light will be: left,(Geo tracker), Me(middle lane), Right lane was only for people turning to the right going to Patio Ribs restaurant. Low and behold! A middle aged dude stop at the right lane, and kinda blocked the traffic to the people that going to the right. So this foo is inching up on me and looking at my car. It's probably the wing and my pimp daddy gold rims that caught his attention.

So I blipped the throttle couple times and kinda steadily hold it at 3500 rpm.. The lights turned green, slipped the clutch (not drop clutch it) and the Scooby just jolt like a lightning from the line! I shifted on 2nd gear(putting some major car lengths on him!!), shifted on 3rd and after that I called it quits.. I saw him like a dot in my rearview mirror.. So I slowed down and waited for him to catch up. He slowly passed me and his look on his face was funny. * He was like WTF happened lol*.. He will probably traded in the car tomorrow for an //AMG
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Actually, it doesn't sound like he was racing.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

i was cruising at 45 next to this older SL320 when all of a sudden i hear his engine get louder, but i dont really see him pulling away too fast. so im like wtf, then throw it into 3rd, and proceed to put many car lengths by 90. i slow down to turn, when i see a cup fly over my car just missing it. one of his passengers threw a cup at me. wtf. who throws cups? i have seen this guy around too, so needless to say the next time i see him, it will be interesting.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    i was cruising at 45 next to this older SL320 when all of a sudden i hear his engine get louder, but i dont really see him pulling away too fast. so im like wtf, then throw it into 3rd, and proceed to put many car lengths by 90. i slow down to turn, when i see a cup fly over my car just missing it. one of his passengers threw a cup at me. wtf. who throws cups? i have seen this guy around too, so needless to say the next time i see him, it will be interesting.
    Hehehehe nice! He probably pissed that he got beat by a Subaru.. BTw, I met a guy yesterday who owns a Blue STi at Orland Park.. We parked next to each other and talked for a lil bit. Cool guy and he is a member of NASIOC too..
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

J-H
    Had a run with a 430 a while ago. Stop light 300 feet before merging into freeway. He is in the carpool lane and that lane merges into mine, which consequently merges on the highway. I didn't know that he was going to defend his territory the way he did (middle age guy with wife in car)...I just took off at normal speed, expecting to pass him before the lanes merged into each other, but this guy just guns it from a dig...I had to wait for the turbo to kick in, after that I passed him in second and SLOWLY pulled away...I was suprised about it. I know MB are heavy, but that 430 moved pretty well. It reminded me to next time make full use of my biggest advantage, AWD launch...

JH

OWN3D a CLK430 a few months ago. It was very sad actually. He started revving like crazy at me, so I just hit the stutter box, waited for the light and slipped it. Goodnight! It wasn't even funny, he was very far back by the end of second, so I let off and he flew buy and hit hazards.... Okayyyyyyy.......

I wish it had been a CLK55, that might have been fun to race. 430's are too heavy for what they have. Against a Stage IV+ WRX they're not even in the same universe.

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Actually, it doesn't sound like he was racing.

...........that's what i'm thinking.....................
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    ...........that's what i'm thinking.....................
    racing or not, a E430 is not gonna take a STi in any situation.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by FrankW
    racing or not, a E430 is not gonna take a STi in any situation.
    Bah! What kind of drugs are YOU smoking? I would like to have some...

the STi would demolish a E430. 300 HP 300 lb ft tq vs 275 HP 295 lb ft tq. the STi is much lighter, and a 6 speed. there wouldnt be any competition.
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.