Wrx 1, Z28 0 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wrx 1, Z28 0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just kidding C9A1L1L I do think you are an asset to this forum, I didn't mean to stir the stink, ...

Wagon 0w3nz sucky Z28

Just kidding C9A1L1L

I do think you are an asset to this forum, I didn't mean to stir the stink, I was just telling what happened. Like I said in one of my posts, I too believe it was driver error/ lack of will / underestimation. She was hotdogging it up the street before the race. When we went from the second stoplight after she knew I was game, she was going for it, just not as much as she could have and should have (as I also said.) When I hit 75 and I looked in rearview she was a good 50 ft back and maybe didn't want to drive any faster in a 45 zone (I am guessing), but the other cars had barely made it through the intersection. I think if someone had said "OK Z28 Girl, that silver wag is faster than it looks, you need to go all out if you want to show it something", than it would have been much closer if she didn't all out spank me.

The reason I posted the stats was to show that the performance of that particular year base Z28 (not just Camaro as you indicated, but according to the data I was looking at, a Z28, and yes her car did say Z28 on the back of it), was pretty comparable to the WRX (my car, though a wagon, is a WRX, from your posts I think you may have thought I was driving an NA Impreza wagon.) I got the data from a spreadsheet showing stats from the 60's up for some cool American cars, you probably have something better but if you want I can post.

I did relate the incident truthfully (Christ, it is an incident now! ), and tried to make it an interesting story at the same time. If I had posted "Got in a race with an older Z28, I reacted faster and tried harder, the end) it would have been boring and wouldn't have conveyed the emotions of the ... um... incident, haha. But you really should have seen her face, when she finally got to the next light like 2 hours later (jk, haha, internet joking is tricky....)

And if you weren't the "Bad Domestic Guy", we wouldn't love ya as much

I am with you on "Next kill story please "
    2004 Platinum XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Awwww, I love you guys too! As I stated before, sorry if it made it seem like I felt you were lying. I never thought you were lying, I was just confused at what had happened, and then other people pushed it farther into more than it really was. With numbers like that, that is one bad ass wagon. I guess it's not so bad being the "Bad Domestics Guy" on a "Rice Free" forum.
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.