pretty wild friday night...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on pretty wild friday night... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; went up to our racing spot, wasnt a huge turnout... but the wrx won 30 bucks last night first, my ...

pretty wild friday night...

went up to our racing spot, wasnt a huge turnout... but the wrx won 30 bucks last night

first, my buddy drove all the time...

he raced a new auto gt the first run for 20 bucks... got him by 3 cars he says.

next, he raced a single t mk3 supra... WAXED THAT ASS.... no contest

then, he beat a GTP with upgraded intake and pulley... he kicked this guys ass...

there is a little primer sentra out there thats pretty damn fast... that guy has only lost to another cobra that spotted him 3 and the move. well, my buddy beat him! we were amazed!!

so later on, i found a guy with an 02 blue wrx with upgraded turbo(vf-30 he says) and fmic etc etc... the two of them ran... my buddy WON!!!! he beat him the first time, and the second time the guy with the blue car got him by about 3 feet! we were amazed that for a 50 dollar intake, free bleeder valve, and hacked exhaust that he was beating these cars...

oh btw, he also beat a v6 firebird that he spotted 4 cars.... that wasnt pretty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question races........

so what kind of car did he do this in and what are the mods? a single turbo supra usually means tuned and BPM as well, that's hard to do for most cars.. including my 400+HP 00 C5??????
    it's stock really....

Re: races........

Originally posted by wrxracer
    so what kind of car did he do this in and what are the mods? a single turbo supra usually means tuned and BPM as well, that's hard to do for most cars.. including my 400+HP 00 C5??????
    Note that the Supra was a MKIII, not a IV, usually a BIG difference.

Supras like mine came from the factory with a single turbo. They were High 14 to low 15 second cars when new. They are a minimum of 11 years old now so most are slower than that.

Sounds like you beat a bunch of cars that you should have. Except for that VF30 one....
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Yeah.. im gonna call questionable on the fellow WRX kill... unless the guy bogged or even stalled.. it shouldnt even have been close.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Yeah.. im gonna call questionable on the fellow WRX kill... unless the guy bogged or even stalled.. it shouldnt even have been close.

he didnt bog, but he didnt have a good launch... and the place we run is MAYBE 1/8 mile. probably a tad bit shorter.

Question races....

well my bad on the supra.. goes to show what happens when you don't read but after seeing that you mention the races were at 1/8 approx.. i call B.S. until you tell us what kind of car you did this in.. hell i can beat my 00C5 in the 1/8 with my rex.. and i have even came close to a S/C mustang with bolt ons in the 1/8.... so come on tell us what you got.. what car and mods do you have to do this to a wrx with a VF30 and FMIC, this should mean fuel and other upgrades to support it... i don't race alot at the track.. and i really not trying to say you did'nt do this.. but your going to have to tell more to get me to believe it..
    it's stock really....

I have to agree... I mean it would be very cool if he got all these kills but im a bit confused on this one.

You say it's an 1/8 of a mile, and you gave the firebird a 4 car spot and still beat him? I don't understand that so please throw some details in cos im lost

Re: races........

Yeah......you didn't tell us what your buddy was driving. I would think that is critical info here. What are his mods also.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Re: pretty wild friday night...

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    we were amazed that for a 50 dollar intake, free bleeder valve, and hacked exhaust that he was beating these cars...

Apparently, he has a wrx with those mods...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

yes, all races were done in a yellow 03 wrx with intake, hacked exhaust, free bleeder valve and a hks bov.

we will be upgrading tons of stuff as the weeks come... its my friends car, but im going to install and tune all his stuff for him... so im trying to learn as much as possible

Re: races....

well my bad on the supra.. goes to show what happens when you don't read but after seeing that you mention the races were at 1/8 approx.. i call B.S. until you tell us what kind of car you did this in.. hell i can beat my 00C5 in the 1/8 with my rex.. and i have even came close to a S/C mustang with bolt ons in the 1/8.... so come on tell us what you got.. what car and mods do you have to do this to a wrx with a VF30 and FMIC, this should mean fuel and other upgrades to support it... i don't race alot at the track.. and i really not trying to say you did'nt do this.. but your going to have to tell more to get me to believe it..

supra was an mk3... the guy driving sucked ass hardcore... he would spin tires. bog down, spin tires, bog down then take off...

the other wrx with hella mods said he had sti injectors and some other stuff... he was getting pretty bad launches... if the race would have gone on any longer, justin(my buddy with the wrx) would have been toasted...

maybe someone on here saw it go down... there were 7 freaking wrx's there including about 4 blue ones, 2 yellow's and a maroon.

Lightbulb confused....

sorry.. from the post it seemed you beat all those cars with something other than a WRX.... i can understand the supra race.. did'nt read it correctly first time.. DOHHHHHH if your friend would finish off the exhaust mods with a down pipe and up-pipe that would make a big difference...
    it's stock really....

Re: Re: races....

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    supra was an mk3... the guy driving sucked ass hardcore... he would spin tires. bog down, spin tires, bog down then take off...
    Haha. He didn't suck at driving he sucked at tuning his car. You described a mk3 Supra hitting the overboost fuel cutoff perfectly.

I'll go ahead and give your friend a "good kill" on that VF30 rex now. He had to drive around it with his skilz.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Re: confused....

sorry.. from the post it seemed you beat all those cars with something other than a WRX.... i can understand the supra race.. did'nt read it correctly first time.. DOHHHHHH if your friend would finish off the exhaust mods with a down pipe and up-pipe that would make a big difference...
    finish it off? thats just the start man... we got a utec, turbo xs turbo back, up pipe, 20g turbo, 800cc injectors, etc etc etc going on soon...

we just need something ghetto until his stuff gets here.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.