show down next week

This is a discussion on show down next week within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys basically next week is gona be my first drag race for my rex, ive been doing a bit ...

show down next week

hey guys basically next week is gona be my first drag race for my rex, ive been doing a bit of practicing on the launch , but im not a big drag racing guy, any how, my COMP is Acura GSR with upgraded cam shafts, ur basic, intake , header exhaust and some other goodies, no nitrious, no force induction, by next week ill have my HKS down pipe in... i was just curious to what u guys think???? lemme know im a bit nervious being my first drag race
    " The Beauty of all wheel drive"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I've had the same request from a certain gs-r driver. When he asked me my mods(gutted uppipe,16psi) he wouldn't race. My car has yet to see a drag race.
    beware of the top end on that car. I'm pretty sure he will have those cams tuned.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

yeah im a bit sketch about the situation, the upipe however gives a up on the mid end , because when we put it in my buddies wrx it was a nice bump so hopefully that will help

no prb.

You shouldn't have any problem with that guy if you drive right.
    You should be able to take him from the stop and all the way home.
    Good luck.
    -soul

Thanks for the vote of confidence man, im sure ill be ok, im just not used to drag racing so its quiet bit of pressure

you should be able to take him a from a roll too, so you should have a few cars lengths on him by a 1/4mile

Finally, I got my first runs in the WRX. Raced a hatch with a fully built b16 in it. First run he got me....I was expecting three honks and only got two before he left.. Second run we did a 20 roll and I got him by a car length or so..Not bad for my first time out in the car.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Remember: Race at night, quarter tank of gas, and take the spare out.

LoL thanks 4 the tip

Re: show down next week

Originally posted by Subiguy831
    hey guys basically next week is gona be my first drag race for my rex, ive been doing a bit of practicing on the launch , but im not a big drag racing guy, any how, my COMP is Acura GSR with upgraded cam shafts, ur basic, intake , header exhaust and some other goodies, no nitrious, no force induction, by next week ill have my HKS down pipe in... i was just curious to what u guys think???? lemme know im a bit nervious being my first drag race

If I were you I would put a turboxs high performance boost controller ($129) on your WRX. Set the boost for 16 psi or so and your car will be much faster.
    I drove my WRX with turboxs's high performance boost controller as my only mod for a long time. I beat some pretty fast cars with just that mod. It really brings the boost on fast and hard. It shaved several tenths off my 1/4 mile times.
    To me its a must mod on a stock WRX. Then later when you have the money you can purchase a staged setup/ Utek etc.

I continued to use my turboxs high performance boost controller on my WRX when it had a Turboxs Stage 2 and a Stage 4 setup. So all together I had it on my car for 2 years/20,000 miles without one problem.

Re: Re: show down next week

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    If I were you I would put a turboxs high performance boost controller ($129) on your WRX. Set the boost for 16 psi or so and your car will be much faster.
    I drove my WRX with turboxs's high performance boost controller as my only mod for a long time. I beat some pretty fast cars with just that mod. It really brings the boost on fast and hard. It shaved several tenths off my 1/4 mile times.
    To me its a must mod on a stock WRX. Then later when you have the money you can purchase a staged setup/ Utek etc.

I continued to use my turboxs high performance boost controller on my WRX when it had a Turboxs Stage 2 and a Stage 4 setup. So all together I had it on my car for 2 years/20,000 miles without one problem.
    for $129 that is a manual boost controller right? so you never played with the boost, it was always set at 16psi? that sounds better than spending $400 for an electronic boost controller. am i right?

If you go with an MBC make sure you have a good boost gauge to set it by.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

if i get a boost controller its gona be the greddy profec B, i dont know if any of you guys have ever seen a profec B in person , its sooooo SIMPLE and its incockpit controlled with duel stages, and the TurboXS manuel boost controller has quiet a bit of boost spike, that goes for well.... basically any manuel boost controller.