Evo vs. STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Evo vs. STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AlexWRX It is a widely-accepted fact that WRXs and STIs have higher drivetrain losses compared to the ...

Originally posted by AlexWRX
    It is a widely-accepted fact that WRXs and STIs have higher drivetrain losses compared to the Evos (and the Skylines, obviously).

WRX
    Rated at 227 hp
    Dynoed at 168.4 hp on TurboXS' Dynapack
    Transmission loss = 26 %

Evo
    Rated at 271 hp
    Dynoed at 238.4 hp on TurboXS' Dynapack
    Transmission loss = 12 %
    I think that TurboXS got 222 whp from the EVO and 264 whp from the Sti. So that would be a 18% loss for the EVO and a 12% loss for the Sti, so it looks like the Sti is very similar and even a little better in the drivetrain area. As far as the WRX, yeah its drivetrain isnt near a good as the Sti or EVO, but then again the WRX cant compare to the EVO, thats what the Sti is for.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ike
    According to Vishnu they came up with 180-185 for stock Evos and 218 for a stock STI. Their dyno seems to test low and TurboXS' dyno always seems high, but I still think those turboXS dyno runs are from modded cars.

Ike

I've somehow managed to help with the hi-jacking of my own thread...

I believe on TXS site 222whp was when the ecu didnt adapt yet, once adapted it went to 238whp.

According to TXS, the STI dynoed at 264 whp- identical to the Evo's 12% drivetrain loss. What a pleasant surprise!

WRC cars are limited to 2.0, which makes US-spec STI ineligible for competition.

Originally posted by Trypsin
    Form what i remember the WRC is limited @ 300hp.
    I know that the y might not actually abide by this rule.

The SCCA Pro does not have HP restrictions and have more power than the WCR counterparts.

As for AWD system diff. i am going to do a search but i know the has been some great links about this on this board.
    As far as I know, the WRC does not have a HP restriction. What they do have is an intake restrictor plate (34mm if I remember correctly) that limits the horsepower potential of the engines. So what the teams do is tune for torque SCCA Pro Rally does not mandate restrictor plates and that is why those cars have so much more HP.

-Thomas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.