Fun watching a 911 Turbo and Mark IV Supra

This is a discussion on Fun watching a 911 Turbo and Mark IV Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, not a full race but... I'm on my way to meet a friend up in Hollywood and am getting ...

Fun watching a 911 Turbo and Mark IV Supra

Ok, not a full race but...

I'm on my way to meet a friend up in Hollywood and am getting on the 90 East at about 9:30 or so.

When I turn onto the 90 from Mindanao, I'm behind a new black 911 Turbo. Now, while my car's not in the same league, I can't resist getting up alongside for a good look. When I look over, it's a hot blonde driving, I'm like 'whoa...'. I don't know if she could see much about me (tinted windows, dark, etc...) but I could see her. I'm always impressed seeing women driving anything fast, especially if they're not just babying the car like a status symbol.

In any case, the light @ Culver Blvd is red, and we stop side by side. In front of me is a black Mark IV Supra - big exhaust, gigantic rear tires. Could be real fast, could just be a looker, no way to know for sure.

As the light turns, we're now actually getting on the freeway portion of the 90. There's traffic all around, so nothing crazy going on. Well, as traffic clears in front of the Supra, he bolts - the car's not just looker, he's outta there fast! I speed up, but not to race - after all that car's outta my league on the freeway from a roll for sure! Well, suddenly, the 911, which had been stuck behind slower right lane traffic is coming up fast behind me. She moves over and passes me at what must be 100+ , then heads off after the Supra.

I'm still trailing a respectful (and safe) distance behind as I watch the 911 catch up behind the Supra. The both zip across from the left lane to the exit for the 405. I'm doing just a bit over 100 and they're still pulling away like crazy. I'm thinking that if they both go north, I'm going to have one hell of a view of them going around a posted 35 mph corner side by side at a *very* high rate of speed!

But only the Supra goes on the north ramp. The 911 peels off onto southbound 405... Oh well, probably for the best, I wouldn't want to have to be pulling anyone out of any twisted wreckage on an onramp!

In any case, I speed up on the ramp and follow the Supra for a bit. I pulled up alongside, admired the car, rolled down my window and gave him a thumbs up. Dunno if he saw me or not, I didn't feel like trying to look over in heavy 405 traffic. After that, my exit was about up, so I pulled ahead and exited.

Still, that was a pretty hefty display of horsepower, acceleration, testosterone and estrogen!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

y didnt u follow the girl?
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Ummm, its LA, hot blondes in 911 Turbos either earn their money by being hot or have their toys bought for them by crusty old rich guys........either way, all WRX drivers have no chance with woman like that
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I dunno about that.. my ex-boss at Microsoft was a hella hott blonde that drove a drove a sick Mercedes, single for a while (married now). She earned it all on her own... too bad she is now a money grubbing *****.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by ViciousVolpe
    y didnt u follow the girl?
    'cause the friend I was on my way to meet is a hottie too! probably way more approachable and cool too...

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Ummm, its LA, hot blondes in 911 Turbos either earn their money by being hot or have their toys bought for them by crusty old rich guys........either way, all WRX drivers have no chance with woman like that
    Oh my, let the profiling begin

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Speak for yourself! MY girl is a hot blonde. She doesn't drive a super fast car but that doesn't matter. I have seen and know some hot girls in crappy cars too.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I think the new 911 turbo might be my favorite car. AWD turbo in the major leagues.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's