wrx:0 tree:1 xpost from audi forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx:0 tree:1 xpost from audi forum within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sad day for this little rex. http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/395748.phtml T....

wrx:0 tree:1 xpost from audi forum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ill buy the grill!
    I created my avatar.

you know what? i just hit a tree last night, my car might be totaled with only 2800 miles on it. i wasnt even a mile away from my house, i was on a 2 lane highway, so one lane each way, i was going southbound 50 mph in a 45 mph road when some complete f----- idiot going northbound decides to make a uturn and he does it like 50-100 feet in front of me! I've never seen anybody do something so stupid, it was almost like he didnt even see me, which is impossible, so anyway i tried to brake, but obviously there was no way i was going to stop in time so i yanked my car off the road and sideswiped a tree. the ass---- actually was complaining about getting a ticket, HE COULD HAVE KILLED ME!!! not to mention the people in his car. at least i have a witness to the accident, some guy on a motorcycle was right behind me and he told the cops his story, so when i go to court there is no way i can lose. i think the awd actually helped me, i was heading directly for the tree and i just jerked the wheel to the left just in time, man if i would have hit that tree straight on, i dont even want to think about it. the cop complimented me, he said "good heads up driving", unfortuantly my car is f-----. now i dont know what to do, it was a late model 2003, so the chances of my insurance being able to replace it with another 2003 is remote and i don't like the 2004 bodystyle at all(no offense), not enough $ for an STI. wow what a pickle, at least i'm not dead.

i see youre from chi. where did it happen? sorry about the car...at least youre safe though.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

lake county. it happened in my hometown libertyville, i dont know how familiar you are with the suburbs.

Ike
    I grew up in Antioch and then Grayslake, was this on Milwaukee Ave.? Sorry about the car, but glad you and everyone else is alright.

Ike

yeah milwaukee ave., like a 100 feet north of the 137 and 21 intersection. i dont know if you still live around here but you can still see where i ran off the road and the tree i hit, there is bark missing off the tree.

wait, milwaukee, wisconsin...nevermind.

Ike
    Damn forest preserves and their trees Sue the city! haha

i read the replies on that page with the pic and one of the guys said, "I also would not drive a WRX at 130 mph. Not with that little wheelbase. Only someone like Hans Stuck would have enough experience to pull that thing back in line at full throttle...-pd."

is he correct? cuz i've read plenty of posts where people say they go 140 or so...

dude, dont worry about it. just get the 04 wrx, give it to me, and ill give you my 02 wrx... but its automatic.

you must have just recently got ur rex. i havent been in that states for about 2 months, but i drive all around gurnee/grayslake/libertyville/n chicago and all that area. you might have seen me. when i pass that area where u crashed, im gonna try to see the tree that u hit.

anyway, dude, 04 wrx arent that bad looking, but if i were you, and u dont like 04 looks and cant afford sti, id get a 20ae gti 1.8t.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

yeah i was actually looking at the gti a lot before i got my wrx, but the vr6 not 1.8T, though everytime i talk to a vw owner they tell me not to get a vw, dont know what i'm going to do. a black sti would look very nice in my driveway, but $30,000 base price plus dealermark ups it could cost me up to $33-36,000, and as much as i love that car, i dont have that kinda money. i wish i could go test drive one, i would cream in my pants.

Originally posted by billy brown 66
    yeah i was actually looking at the gti a lot before i got my wrx, but the vr6 not 1.8T, though everytime i talk to a vw owner they tell me not to get a vw, dont know what i'm going to do. a black sti would look very nice in my driveway, but $30,000 base price plus dealermark ups it could cost me up to $33-36,000, and as much as i love that car, i dont have that kinda money. i wish i could go test drive one, i would cream in my pants.
    I'm a VW owner, and I'm really happy with mine. It doesn't have the performance of a WRX, but it is definitely more refined. I recommend buying one, if you can live without a WRX.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

actually, im gonna get a gti real soon. im giving my brother my wrx and will probably get a 20ae. cant wait. im gonna make that car as fast as my rex.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

wow, love the audi owners who rag on all wheel drive, um QUATTRO, also love the guy that says that his audi would barely have a scratch if that happend to his car, nothing short of an H1 wouldn't have a scratch, btw i love audi esp. the new nuvolari - 500hp hmmmm
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast