WRX VS SRT-4 (freeway)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX VS SRT-4 (freeway) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2 of my buddies have SRT-4s one has a downpipe and one has only an intake. I raced the one ...

WRX VS SRT-4 (freeway)

2 of my buddies have SRT-4s one has a downpipe and one has only an intake. I raced the one that has an intake which dynoed at 220WHP at ATP racing in Redwood city. My car has a full exhaust (except the midpipe) and an Ekutek reflash. from a 3rd gear roll I start gaining on him a little at the end of 3rd and once I go to 4th gear I'd start pulling away, by 130MPH-135MPH I'd be ahead by 2 1/2-3 car lengths. I was very surprised how quick it was stock. I'll try to post the video, if I can find someone that has a firewire port on their computer..

later,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You started pulling the SRT-4 in 4th gear?
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    You started pulling the SRT-4 in 4th gear?

if so thats impressive, need the vid...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by swipe112
    Wow.....you beat an SRT topend w/ just an exhaust? I don't mean to doubt you, but I really thought WRX would need more, considering that they trap at over 100 mph. Either way, good kill, and you can bet I'll be saving up for my turboback.

Not just an exhaust>.>>>> The Ekutek (computer reflash) does alot .... .....according to my tuner Bill over at I-Speed USA I should be running somewhere around 235-240WHP. I haven't dynoed my car yet, so I don't know what I'm running. I'll shoot some more videos tomorrow and see who can post it for me.. I live in the bay area, so if someone wants to help let me know.

Exhaust and ECU. That's equivalent to TXS Stage 2 or Cobb stage 2. I'm gonna guess you are around 225-230whp. Good job with the SRTs
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

Good kill. easy mods = big HP. I love it!!

Jason
    03 SRT4 best ET 12.74, best mph 108 video

91 GVR4 best ET 12.18, best mph 115 *sold* video

63 Nova Progress pics

Nice Kill!

I wish we could get a reflash!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX

Re: WRX VS SRT-4 (freeway)

Originally posted by AWD Turbo 4
    2 of my buddies have SRT-4s one has a downpipe and one has only an intake. I raced the one that has an intake which dynoed at 220WHP at ATP racing in Redwood city. My car has a full exhaust (except the midpipe) and an Ekutek reflash. from a 3rd gear roll I start gaining on him a little at the end of 3rd and once I go to 4th gear I'd start pulling away, by 130MPH-135MPH I'd be ahead by 2 1/2-3 car lengths. I was very surprised how quick it was stock. I'll try to post the video, if I can find someone that has a firewire port on their computer..

later,
    ATP is in Fremont, not it Redwood City. Just clearing up the facts.

Not just an exhaust>.>>>> The Ekutek (computer reflash) does alot .... .....according to my tuner Bill over at I-Speed USA I should be running somewhere around 235-240WHP. I haven't dynoed my car yet, so I don't know what I'm running. I'll shoot some more videos tomorrow and see who can post it for me.. I live in the bay area, so if someone wants to help let me know.
    I highly doubt your car will have anywhere near 235whp with just an Ecutek Reflash and an exhaust. Maybe somewhere between 210-220whp at the most. Especially on 91 octane.
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 08-15-2003 at 01:02 PM.

If he pulled a lighter car with 220whp. It is safe to assume he has more than 220 whp.

Jason
    03 SRT4 best ET 12.74, best mph 108 video

91 GVR4 best ET 12.18, best mph 115 *sold* video

63 Nova Progress pics

I just love how everyone doubts everybody else on these threads. Good runs man!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Re: Re: WRX VS SRT-4 (freeway)

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    ATP is in Fremont, not it Redwood City. Just clearing up the facts.

I highly doubt your car will have anywhere near 235whp with just an Ecutek Reflash and an exhaust. Maybe somewhere between 210-220whp at the most. Especially on 91 octane.

you're right.....I've never been to ATP so I could be wrong.....I just checked and it is in Fremont...my bad.

Again....as I said before I haven't dynoed my car yet so I don't know what I'm running. I'm just going off by what my tuner told me and the cars I've raced...I'll get it dynoed soon and will post it up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.