RX-8's: Another wrx rival soon? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on RX-8's: Another wrx rival soon? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The RX-7 has been called that for many years even after new models were released. It just sounds like they ...

The RX-7 has been called that for many years even after new models were released.

It just sounds like they are misleading people in that it is better than the RX-7 when it is in fact not. Technology wise maybe, but performance no way. It's like they are "tippie toing" with this thing because they are unsure of what the reaction will be from customers and maybe even reliability concerns with adding a turbo.

I was reading in one of the other RX-7 forums about how a RX-7 owner went in to look at the RX-8 and the salesman tried convincing him how much better the RX-8 is than the RX-7. The guy just ended up walking out laughing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You guys have to be kidding me... The RX-8s refinement alone makes it better than the RX-7. Just cause we are hopped up adrenaline junkies we seem to have used that as an excuse of stupidity? There were a few guys down at the local track thinking of blowing out a few RX-8s to bring back and battle out at the next import showing. They themselves have owned RX-7s since they first came out, and if THEY can use thier brain and get an overall picture and see that light at the end of the tunnel, surely we clueless magazine racers can get the pont, right... riiight?! I am interested to see what happenes when they bring in a turboed or a twin turboed version back to the track, might wanna change it to RX-9 after that huh? This thread has now turned into a waste of bandwidth, lets shoot Old Yeller and let him die in piece.
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

More refined? What makes it more refined. It has less power, less torque, and quarter mile time are about a second off. Handling is about the same. I also like the look of the 93-95 models a lot better.

In this day in age of ever increasing horsepower, about eight years later they have gone done in performance and yet its more refined. It can't be reliability because it has not even been out a year.

It will be really interesting to see how the aftermarket goes with these things because the RX-7's wasn't that reliable. How many people will be willing to slap a turbo on there 30,000 RX-8 when the RX-7 came stock with them and they had there problems.

Originally posted by smolten
    how about rx-slow or rx-yeah right or rx-.5

Ummm... RallySubie, The new Ren engine is MUCH more refined. The torque you see in the orginal RX-7s mostly come from the TURBOS! People, PLEASE realize this... The stock RX-8 is putting up these numbers n/a, and they already make aftermarket turbos and add ons for it. The handling is BETTER, and once you get use to that high redline it is shifting bliss. I tested it over a 24hr period and the looks were up my alley but not performance. I test drove a STi from the dealership, and the performance is up my alley but not the looks. So it is hard to get exactly what you want. STi rocks, the RX-8 looks and my Camaro PWNS (with a capital P)
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

You wont have anything to worry about untill the Mazdaspeed RX-8 comes out. Untill then, concentrate on the powerful RX-7's.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456